Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Aejaz M SiddiquiYour feedback matters!
I am suffering back pain from the last one month. And legs too paining. please suggest me what should be done.
I have a sharp pain in my shoulder .just 4 inches down to shoulder on my back side. The pain goes from down of shoulder in towards my hand uptill the ting finger. It seems as a complete line or a vain is paining. Specially when I use pillow. It starts exactly from where my left hand join my body. N travel through all my hand and goes upto the ring finger. Specially when I hold my phone up while I am lying in bed. I can not even sleep my left side it starts paining. Kindly suggest.
Hello doctor my sister is suffering from arthritis on her right knee, from past few years she cant walk properly. Is there any remedy for this problem, after getting operated will she walk normally. Please suggest me in a right direction so that this problem get it solved. Thank you.
The spine plays a very crucial role, both from a person’s movement and sensation point of view. It carries the nervous supply for a lot of internal organs and the lower body. By virtue of its structure, it also helps in movement through the disks. Due to various reasons, spinal injury is common, causing pain along the back, lower extremities, neck etc.
Medicines and exercise are the first line of treatment for most spinal injuries. The issue, however, is that these only provide relief from the pain and the medicines, but do not actually ‘rectify’ the underlying problem. Whether it is a herniated disk or a pinched nerve, the medicines and exercise can relieve the symptoms, but the disk continues to be herniated and the nerve continues to be pinched. Definite treatment is in the form of surgery, and with recent advancements in the field of spinal surgery, there are minimally invasive surgical options, which provide complete cure with minimal recovery time. Some of the benefits of this are listed below-
- Smaller incision compared to traditional surgical procedures, where only the injured area is accessed
- The surrounding tissues are untouched, unless they are injured and require repair
- Lesser bleeding compared to earlier techniques
- Lesser painful procedure
- Reduced hospitalization period
- Quicker recovery and return to normal activities
The question, however, is whether this is indicated in everybody. A detailed discussion with your surgeon keeping the below points in mind will help identify the answer for this. The main driver should be the answer to the question – will the surgery be able to effectively relieve you of the pain and symptoms? Additionally, the following factors help in getting better results out of a minimally invasive spinal surgery.
- Presence of symptoms relating to nerve compression, including pain from the spine down the leg.
- Recent onset of symptoms, with pain starting days to months before seeing the doctor. This indicates the condition is relatively new and so damage is minimal, indicating favorable outcome. Chronic pain conditions take slightly longer time compared to recent injuries.
- People with active lifestyle who engage in regular physical exercise are likely to have better benefits from the minimally invasive procedure.
- Smoking reduces blood flow to the spine, leading to disk degeneration and weakening of bones. Healing is highly slowed down and recovery is overall delayed.
- Excessive weight puts strain on the back, and so healing can be delayed or badly affected with more complications. It is not a contraindication, but be prepared for a longer recovery period.
Hi, when I climb the stairs I also hear a cracking sound in my knee and if I keep my hand around my knee while sitting then just moving my knee like a rotation it is like a sound or feel like using an machine without oiling it (means its like no friction within my knees). What should I consume and what are the precautions. Significantly what are the exercises to get rid of it.
I have problem with my left hand since one month, very much paining in left shoulder please tell me any oil or cream.
My hand wrist was paining from 3 years I ate many medicines but I didn't get any relief from the pain all the doctors are saying that they are not seeing eny thing. And they will give medicines why if they are not seeing any thing then why they are giving medicines. How can I get relief from this pls help doctor.
On 23 may I was doing video calling for 5 to 10 min after dat my left hand shearing. I consult many neurologist & orthopaedic. No use still it shearing and when I work it get swelling.
My father is a 67 years old! He has lumbar spondylitis! He fell down on his back a few days ago and injured his back! He had disc prolapse in L1 and L2 vertebra 20 years ago! X-rays have been taken now! Its confirmed he has no fracture! But he is suffering from pain in the same region! The muscles around this region are cramping! He is being administered pain killers for pain management and other medicines but the pain is not subsiding! He is not able to get up and lie down! If standing erect he is able to walk! Also when lies down on the bed, lateral movements to either side are also quite painful! Also he is getting stomach ache and his stomach is bloating probably because of the pain killers! Is there any way to reduce the pain and also get cured of the stomach ache and bloating! He is urinating very frequently.
I have lower backache at right side at hip area and left side shoulder pain throughout full arm.My age is 42 years.What should I do?
My grandmother is having pain in her knees while walking. She is 60 years old, suggest any remedy or diet if any.
I have suffered some backpain above 6 months I'm travelled daily 55 kms in bike so please suggesting some tips and medicine Thanks you.
I am 45 years old and having knee pain. Its neither gout nor arthritis. Its not in knee exact. I do not have pain but swelling around knee, hence can not bend.
I am 29 year old my name is tarun staying in bangalore I have a problem of feeling tired when I awake in the morning and there is sound in joints when I sit r stand there will be a sound can I get any suggestions to get rid of this ?
My age is 33 yrs. I am experiencing pain in right shoulder blade. The pain is not spreading to other places. I noticed when I sit for too long I get this pain. Could you please suggest what precausions to take or any medicine.
Lower back pain can be one of the most physically debilitating things that can affect you and limit your mobility. Even if the pain isn’t that acute, it could still signal something deteriorating in your lower back. While oral medications, topical creams or sprays can help in reducing pain, there are other effective remedies you can try on your own. These will be handy when you have no medications at hand. One of these is the hot and cold therapy.
Heat therapy for lower back pain
Heat works well with lower back pain as it can dilate blood vessels and improve circulation within the tissue. This will help in circulation and also result in lowering the pain. Heat therapy will also loosen up other muscles in the area and help soothe sore areas which have been taking the burden along with the lower back muscles. Some of the techniques that can be applied are:
1. All day heat wraps: These are specially manufactured belts or wraps which wrap around your abdomen and keep tightness and pressure on your lower back as well as supplying heat.
2. Electric heating pads: These are mechanized heating pads which generate heat with electricity. You can place them under you back and then either sit or sleep with it positioned behind you. However, ensure that you don’t keep these for too long as they could burn your skin.
3. Hot Compress with towels or hot water bags: Use a clean towel and heat it over a conductive surface and apply it on your lower back. You can also use hot water bags for the same purpose.
Cold therapy for lower back pain
Cold therapy uses the principle of constriction of blood vessels as well as slowing circulation. This will help numb the area and thus help relieve the pain. Some of the ways these can be administered are mentioned below.
1. Ice towel: In this method, soak a towel in ice cold water, wring it to dry it and then apply on your lower back. This will numb the pain without transferring the sting of the cold or damaging your skin.
2. Ice packs: Put about half a kg of ice in a plastic Ziploc bag and pour water over the ice to just about cover it. Push out the air out of the bag and then lock it. Use this ice pack with a towel to ensure that you back doesn't get wet.
3. Ice gel packs: These are ready made packs, which can be bought from medical stores and kept frozen to be used whenever you need it in order to relieve lower back pain.