Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abdul Aziz
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Abdul AzizYour feedback matters!
Gout is a type of arthritis that causes inflammation, usually in one joint, that begins suddenly.
Gouty arthritis is caused by the deposition of crystals of uric acid in a joint.
Gout can cause symptoms and signs such as
Nodules under the skin called tophi,
- Joint redness,
- Swollen joints,
- Joint pain,
- The warmth of the joint.
The most reliable method to diagnose gout is to have fluid removed from an inflamed joint and examined under a microscope for uric acid crystals.
The primary dietary goal for gout is to limit your intake of foods with high amounts of purine in them. Ideally, you will have little or no foods that are high in purine and only small amounts of those with moderate amounts of purine.
Foods considered high in purine content include:
- Some fish, seafood and shellfish, including anchovies, sardines, mackerel, scallops, herring, mussels, codfish, trout, and haddock
- Some meats such as bacon, turkey, veal, venison, liver, beef kidney, brain, and sweetbreads
- Alcoholic beverages
Foods considered moderate in purine content include:
- Meats such as beef, veal, poultry, pork, and lamb
- Crab, lobster, oysters, and shrimp
- Vegetables such as asparagus, spinach, green peas, mushrooms, and cauliflower
- Kidney beans, lentils, and lima beans
Your other goals will be to:
- Lose weight if you are overweight: make sure that you do this slowly because fast weight loss will actually increase the uric acid levels in your blood.
- Drink plenty of fluids: this can help with removing uric acid from your blood. Be sure to limit fluids with caffeine and/or calories; water and seltzer are the best choices.
- Increase your low-fat dairy intake: there has been some research that has shown that those who drink low-fat milk or consume low-fat yogurt have lower uric acid levels than those who do not.
- Keep your fruit and vegetable intake up: you may get a reduction in your uric acid levels by having fruit, such as cherries, and vegetables (those that are not sources of purine), as part of your diet.
- Chronic gout is treated using medications that lower the uric acid level in the body.
- Left untreated, gout can cause irreversible joint damage, kidney problems, and tophi.
- Triggers for gout attacks include surgery, dehydration, beverages sweetened with sugar or high fructose corn syrup, beer, liquor, red meat, and seafood.
- Cherries may help prevent gout attacks.
Here are some problems related to joint and knee
Impact of Overweight on Joint and Knee
Hi! I’m Lokendra Tomar. I’m Weight loss and Wellness Coach.
I believe in sharing true knowledge so that you can take care of your own health and you become your own doctor.
If you are having a problem of joint pain, knee pain, back pain, and you are overweight then, this is a double trouble for you because you cannot exercise and without exercise when you are eating you’ll gain weight.
One of the most important reasons for this joint pain and the back pain is acidic environment in the body and what is this acidic environment – when you eat more of the acidic food.
If you divide food into two categories –
there are foods which are alkaline in nature and there are foods which are acidic in nature. Grains, sugar, processed food, non-veg, even a processed beverages, alcoholic nonalcoholic even those packed juices they are acidic in nature. Fruits, vegetables, dry fruits, nuts, fats and oil, they are all alkaline in nature. So, if you are eating more of the acidic food then, your body becomes acidic then, your bone loses calcium and magnesium, they loses their strength which leads to the acidic environment and which leads to the weaker bones which leads to the pain in the bone. So, if you are having pains in the joint and you are willing to lose weight you have to follow an alkaline diet that means you strictly avoid those grain based food, those animal based food and you go on more of a vegetable based food so, eat more of the vegetables, fruits, nuts, and fats and oil and one single alkaline drink which can help you a lot in losing 8 to 10 kgs in three months.Let me tell you a secret formula of alkaline drink is take a glass of water, squeeze a lemon, add a little amount of baking soda into it. Drink this twice a day and you’ll lose 8 to 10 kgs in just three months.