Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A K SharmaYour feedback matters!
My Son is one year old . Facing cold & cough again & again also what should I feed him bcz he not wants to eat cerelac , dal etc. What should I give me ?
My baby now 3 and half months I do not know we have to do head and nose shape but im not done this now I can do the shape or not the shape was now came or not.
My daughter is 3 years old & she use to suck her thumb. Due to which her weight is not increasing. Pls tell me how this problem can be resolved. She doesn't eat so much.
My baby 4 yrs. Old. He is suffering from bed wetting since 15 days & so irritable. He feeding only grind food n nothing else. What should I do?
Doctor my daughter 2yrs 3 month old. She having cold and cough pbm. Heavy dry cough most probely at night time give cough drops for her at that she k. After 2 week she have same pbm. Help me pls. Prescribe any immunity syrup. Thank u.
I have a chest tightness so where could be the the cause for that? I have CT scan report for chest it says followings Patchy fibrosis strands are noted in apical and posterior segments of right upper lobe with minimal traction of bronchiectasis and right apical pleural thickening Small patchy subpleural fibrosis strands r noted in apicoposterior segment of left upper lobe Thickening of bilateral inferior pulmonary ligaments with focal pleurodiaphragmatic adhesions.
I have an daughter 10 years od she has sufferingvftom cough we trysevera medicine but yh cough is not cure so advice medicine medicine for cough?
My son is 6 months old started teething for a few days now. Has been on topfeed since birth. As per age his feed is changed from nan pro 1 to nan pro 2 and also we have started giving cerelac for 3 days now. Eversince the diet is changed there is a problem is of very tight and painful stool discharge 3 to 5 times a day. Since yesterday cerelac is stopped and liquid diet is restored besides water mixed with sugar. From Today afternoon we are also giving colicaid however, no relief as of now. Kindly advise. Thank you.
She is my grand daughter and very healthily born. Recently she suffered with cold and consulted a physician in USA, where they are living now, near Sanfransisco, California. She was advised nebulizer as and when she gets wheezing. Please clear whether she is safe or not, or may lead to Asthma, which is hell of a disease. Kindly clear my doubt.
hello have a 4 years old daughter. Few days back she experienced an accident at home when she and her grandma alone at home. Her Grand ma fallen in bathroom. And she show through her eyes a lot of blood flowing her grand ma's head. Now she has full of fairness at any time. I asked her why she afraid. She told me she worried for something that surely happen if she stay alone or along with grand ma also. Please advice.
My son is hearing impaired and cannot hear upto 120 decibels, further he is having Lipoma glands all over his body, is there any remedy for his cure, he can speak but cannot listen.
This information is of my son. Please help me in selecting a diet chart for him. He is 9 months old.
At time of birth my baby weight 2.9 and decrease to 2.33 kgs and gradually increase 3 kgs now she is finished her 3rd month my baby weight is 4 kgs. Is it good? Can I start cerelac? I don't have breastfeeding my baby won't nursing from the beginning. When I started she cried and won't suck milk. I used nestle Nan 1 and my milk through nipple shield. How to increase my baby weight.
Cystic fibrosis is a genetic condition, which primarily affects the lungs and persistence of this condition might lead to severe breathing problems and loss of lung function. If you have inherited two copies of the defective gene from your parents, you are likely to suffer from this disease. Cystic Fibrosis causes a buildup of thick mucus in your lungs and affects other organs such as the kidneys, pancreas and the intestines in your body.
It isn't very uncommon as one out of fifty people in Asia is a carrier of this disease. The disease gets its name from the cysts formed in the pancreas of the sufferer. However, this disease can be detected by testing the quantity of salt present in your sweat. Prenatal testing for Fibrosis is another method to test if your newborn is likely to contract a lung infection.
Complications faced due to cystic fibrosis include:
- Serious sinus infections
- Serious damage in lungs due to inflammation and incessant infection
- Complication in breaking down protein
- Respiratory tract contamination
If you observe one or more of the following symptoms, you might be suffering from Cystic Fibrosis:
- Salty-tasting skin
- Bowel obstruction caused due to meconium ileus (obstruction of the bowels)
- Mucus amiss in your alveoli
- Persistent coughing with phlegm discharge
- Shortness of breath while engaging in a physical task
- Stunted or measly growth despite healthy lifestyle habits
- Infertility in males
If you're suffering from cystic fibrosis, there isn't any particular treatment which is recommended due to the varying degrees of it found in people. However, consultation with a medical practitioner and an individualised treatment plan can help you minimise the risks and lead a better life.
Some therapies you can opt for are:
- Airway clearance: This therapy helps sift the thick layer of mucus around your organs. Some people have also chosen to use the inflatable vest which vibrates around your chest, thereby, thinning and loosening the layer of mucus.
- Inhaled medicines: Another breakthrough in the field of respiratory medicine, this method requires the patient to sniff a liquid consisting of mist, which is inhaled with the aid of a nebuliser. This method is known to be beneficial for opening airways.
- Pancreatic enzyme supplements: Along with multivitamins, these specially designed supplements are known to cater to your pancreas with the much-needed nutrients and they need to be consumed with every meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.
Breastfeeding mothers need to be conscious and aware of their diets. How the mother eats is how the child gets its nutrition. While they do not need any major changes from what they were eating during the pregnancy, a few adjustments are advised. A few basic adjustments in daily routine are enough. They are:
1. Eat very well - Eat a balanced diet to suit your health. Remember, first it is important to meet your nutritional needs. Only when you are eating well would the quality and quantity of your milk be ideal for your baby. Do not diet under any circumstance. We understand you wish to lose all the pregnancy weight soon, but remember, you child is your priority now. When you diet, your body will start drawing on its reserves. This will affect milk production. By dieting, you will also lack the amount of stamina you need to take care of your baby. Be aware that feeling extra hungry during breastfeeding is normal. Your body is working around the clock. Eat small meals at regular intervals to keep your hunger satisfied, your weight concern at bay and your body strong.
2. Don't count your calories - Not until you are breastfeeding. You need at least 500 calories more than you did when you were not breastfeeding. Don't let this shock you, your child will be feeding off you. There are other ways to regulate your weight and lose the extra pounds gained during pregnancy, do not compromise on food at all.
3. Do not rush to exercise - Consult your doctor and ask for suitable exercises for your body. You might have stitches which are yet to dry, so don't be hasty. Get your workout regime planned professionally and under guidance.
4. Do not avoid fats - Eat healthy foods and opt for good fats. Foods that are good for you and for milk production are a big yes. Foods which do not contribute in any positive way can be done without. They will only harm you in the long run.
5. Avoid alcohol - Stay away, and if you do want to indulge consult your doctor. An occasional drink is usually okay, still it is better you abstain altogether until you stop breastfeeding. And if you do have a drink, feed at least after two hours.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.