Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My son who is 12 year old does bedwetting from childhood .I have neither treated it before nor given him any type of medicine for this. Please advice what to do ?
My male baby is 2 years old' he is suffering from constipation and loss of appetite last 1 year and under treatment. And regularly given medicine, please advice me.
Is dysentery common in infants, sometimes it is greenish in colour why also is there anything that mothers should not eat, commonly people tend to say not to eat apple, banana as it causes formation of sputum. Kindly suggest.
My daughter is having loose motion for 3 days. Oflo m is been give 3.5 ml twice for 3 days. The frequency has reduced but the motions are still on. please suggest.
I am 26 years old female. I got c-section delivery before 8 months I gave breast feeding to my male baby. I got malaria fever I stopped feeding for one month I do not have milk now again I want milk supply what can I do pls.
My baby is taking harder to go bathroom and he has to breath harder yo do it Soo, any suggestion for a free motion for my child? He is 2 months old.
Attention Deficit Disorder or ADD is a behavioral disorder that comprises impulsive behavior, inattentiveness and hyperactivity. This disorder tends to affect children more commonly, but the symptoms tend to disappear as one ages.
There are a number of symptoms for this disorder:
- Concentration problems: People affected by this disorder have problems in staying focused on routine tasks. You may have problems in listening to conversations, get distracted easily, overlook various important things and have trouble remembering various things.
- Being disorganized and forgetting things: You may exhibit symptoms such as having an extremely cluttered desk. You may also experience difficulties in completing projects and forgetting appointments. You may also lose track of time while doing important things.
- Emotional problems: Various emotional problems such as mood swings, hypersensitivity to criticism, problems in staying motivated and having low self-esteem are common signs of ADD. The disorder may also lead you to be extremely short tempered and be constantly frustrated.
- Hyperactivity: This symptom causes you to remain constantly agitated, unable to focus due to a racing mind, fidgeting constantly and talking excessively.
- Impulsivity: You will exhibit impulsive behavior such as not being able to exercise self-control, blurting out inappropriate comments and have certain addictive tendencies.
Attention Deficit Disorder can cause various problems in your life. Most of these are related to the following domains:
- Work related problems: You may constantly feel a sense of underachievement and will unable to meet your work responsibilities. You may be unable to meet deadlines, and face problems in filing paperwork.
- Relationship problems: This disorder takes a toll on your relationships such as it can create a rift between you and your family. They may feel that you are not sensitive to their concerns.
- Mental health problems: You may face various mental health problems such as drug abuse, anxiety, self-esteem issues and chronic stress.
Remedies for this disorder are:
- Get proper sleep: You should always aim to sleep for at least 6 hours every day. If you are well rested, then you will be more energetic and stress free.
- Regular exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep yourself fit and healthy. It can also help you avoid problems such as obesity.
- Improve your relationships: You should schedule time for your loved ones and engage with them. It may contribute to your overall mental well-being.
Respected Doctors:- Question for my daughter:-14 Year old girl (Height 156 cm Weight 46Kg). Every day morning, she is getting sneezing continuously for around 8-10 times within 15 minutes. Also one of the eye gets reddish. When we asked our local doctor, doctor told both sneezing and eye reddishness are only due to an allergy. Doctor told to put a eye drop OLOPAT OD and another eye drop HICool (one after the other after 10 minutes) for one month for curing the redness. For the sneezing trouble, doctor prescribed a tablet Mont air for 10 days. We have put eye drops for 1 month and she has taken the tablet Mont air for 10 days. But still she is getting eye reddishness, even after one month now. Sometimes the reddishness disappear without any medicine, after few hours. Since this issue is continuing, I would like to know (1) What would be possible cause for this issue. (2) Do we need to really worry and take care about this immediately? What is the name for this kind of allergy?(3) Could you please kindly let me know any eye tests to be taken to identify the real issue. Thanks a lot for your kind suggestion/help.
My baby is 7 months old. On the time of birth pediatric cardiologist told he had small asd and vsd in heart and after some dys automatically closed. My baby is healthy and active and how to know is that holes are closed please help me. Any symptoms.
My son is aged 12 years but he is very slim and short in comparison to his age group friends. He also throw out a lot of saliva from mouth while sleeping. Suggest some homeopathic treatment.
I have a 3 year old daughter, she has thin hair. I wanted to know does Shaving head makes hair grow back thicker and healthier?
My brother is 8 years old. He can't talk, can't walk, can't sit since birth. I have tried many hospitals but all are waste of money and time. Now what should I do?
Parental Depression is an aspect which affects the innocent child, right from the time it is in the mother's womb.
Maternal depression could be due to various reasons ranging from familial disharmony to poor health. Unfortunately, a depressed mother's pessimistic thoughts could pass on to the pure soul inside her. So the effect starts in utero. After birth, she may be careless and negligent towards a child whose most important requirement is love. And children of these mothers become victims of behavioral and cognitive problems and poor school performers. They may also acquire the illness of depression eventually.
A depressed father will display stress and agitation instead of engaging the young minds in interesting learning or other activities.
Hence, before stepping into parenthood, it's important to be mentally fit and not just physically healthy. Exercise and meditation is of great help and of course a happy home environment.
Supporting each other is the key to getting things on track again.
- Talk to your spouse: Chat with your spouse, showing affection, doing things with them and encouraging them to get out of the house are important.
- Appreciate her but respect your family: Help her see that the family needs her and appreciates that she is expecting. While doing the same ensure that you respect the feelings of your family members.
- Opt for specialist care: Offer to see a therapist and encourage her to take medications. Getting the help of an expert helps get guidance to handle difficult situations.
- Be emotionally present with her: Go with her to as many antenatal checkups as you can, and make sure you are there for the ultrasound scans. This encourages a woman and gives her the satisfaction that her partner is involved.
- Compliment her and pay attention to her: Many women find it difficult to cope with the changes in their body during pregnancy. She may be worried about stretch marks, concerned about weight gain or just be feeling not much like her old self. Make sure to compliment her and let her know how much you love her.
- Be a shoulder for her to cry on: Listen to all of her concerns, and offer her the reassurance and support she really needs.
- Be there to help: After the birth, your partner will need time to recover. She will be exhausted, sore and hormonal, and will be relying on you for support. Help with the baby, and do as much as you can.