Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A K SharmaYour feedback matters!
Today I took my 2 year child for vaccination of DPT better-1 . After vaccination nurse said fiver come & give me a tablet and told 1/3 rd part three time in a day. After 3 to 4 hour right leg (where vaccination take place) paining till now. What should I do .
Hello doctor my baby is 6 month old he is suffering from dry cough and cold. Which medicine should be used?
You can find soy milk lining the shelves of most grocery stores. With a wide range of child-friendly flavors, such as vanilla and chocolate, this creamy dairy milk substitute can be appealing to kids of all ages. Some infant formulas are even made from soy. As with any food item, soy milk has several potential advantages and disadvantages for the children who drink it.
Pros and Cons: Allergies
Millions of children throughout the United States suffer from some level of allergies related to cow's milk, warns the Alabama Cooperative Extension System. The agency says that soy milk can be an ideal substitute as it doesn't contain the lactose protein that can cause kids such trouble. On the flip side, some children are allergic to soy products. Because food allergies can vary widely in terms of severity, consult your doctor if you have any concerns about your child's allergic reactions.
Pros and Cons: Hormones
Research is inconclusive regarding the effect that soy milk and other soy products may have on a developing child's hormone levels, reports Harvard Medical School. Soy milk contains estrogen receptors that may mimic the effects of estrogen, and may affect cancer risks related to breast and prostate cancer. Harvard notes that there's yet to be sufficient evidence to avoid soy milk, and that cow's milk also contains hormones that may potentially be harmful.
Pros: Bowel Movements
Children ages 3 years or younger may benefit from being fed soy milk formulas over cow-milk-based formulas. The National Institutes of Health's MedlinePlus reports that soy formulas help such children experience fewer cases of diarrhea and less frequent bowel movements, potentially because of soy milk's fiber content.
Pros: Calcium Supplementation
Washington University advises using fortified soy milk as a way to ensure your child is getting enough calcium. Sufficient dietary calcium intake among toddlers and children helps ensure proper growth, development and strong bones, according to the university. Additionally, the university says fortified soy milk also contains vitamin D, a vitamin that enhances calcium absorption.
Cons: Thyroid Problems
In very rare cases, soy milk given to infants can cause fluctuations in thyroid levels, which can cause goiters, warns the National Institutes of Health's MedlinePlus. Goiter is the medical term involving an enlarged neck related to thyroid problems. The institute's report that the problem ceases when soy milk is withheld.
If you have noticed your child to be restless and anxious all the time, it might look cute as the child is highly energetic, but it could be a cause for concern at the same time. It is not normal and the child could be having ADHD that is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. As the name suggests, it is a disorder with deficiency of attention and in which the child is always hyperactive.
ADHD is a disorder in which the symptoms usually show up before the age of seven. It is characterized by a group of behavioral symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. The impact of these symptoms is felt extensively where his overall self-esteem is affected, be it at home, preschool or school, academics or extracurricular activities and in interpersonal relationships.
The most common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
- Inability to hold attention: The child's attention span is very short and it is very difficult to keep them engaged on one particular thing.
- Increased restlessness: The child would be extremely restless and gets distracted easily.
- Fidgeting: The child would be seen constantly fidgeting with his fingers.
The following are the less common ones:
- Learning disability is rare, but can happen. However, the good news is that it does not affect the child's intelligence.
- Sleep disorders
- Difficulty in following directions
- Poor executive functioning skills
- Disorganization, which can lead to poor motor coordination and impaired movements
- ADHD kids tend to forget things very easily and need help with coordinating movements
- The child suffering from ADHD could easily tire and/or feel lethargic with very low energy levels. This can lead to the child procrastinating things and not wanting to do things on priority basis
- These children also have difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills and so there is delay in their overall participation in games.
While these are the pressing symptoms of ADHD, occupational therapy can play a significant role in managing the child in the following ways. As a first step, the caregiver should have a detailed discussion with the school staff and any other people with whom the child interacts significantly.
This will help identify areas that need support from an Occupational Therapy, which are the following:
- Support with gross and/or fine motor skills
- Support with improving handwriting
- Support with engaging in playing sports and games
- Support in engaging in social activities
- Improving sensory processing difficulties
- Improving visual perception
- Support in adapting to the environment
- Teaching strategies to participate in various social and academic activities
So, while an ADHD child is definitely a cause for concern, proper support from family can help manage the condition.
My daughter is 19 months old but still she does not take any solid food even fruits like apple, banana, piece of rice still we are giving her only liquid items. Kindly suggest us what to do.
Respected doctor, my son is 3 1/2 year old and is suffering from epilepsy, as now at this stage he sits properly, but not standing or walking and not talking as little bit he is trying now but not up to that level, the treatment is going through" neurosuregon" as epilepsy medicine is being given to him the response is good. Please guide me what are the chances & how many days it will take & what are the medicines & excercises for him.
My cousin had a baby yesterday. Baby is having spina bifida. Doctor is saying they need to operate but after the operation also baby lower body will not work. What do do any suggestions?
Sir/Mam my kid (boy) we never denied him what he asks. He always says I'm feared. why like that. He will be very free at home but in new place or person he will not go to them he says I'm feared. why now he is 5 years old. Pl.
My little one is 4 months old he's having motions from yesterday morning, I gave him zorno syrup but it didn't work n he's also having some reddish colours in his motions please help.
My baby is seven months old. As I have to join my office. He is given Lactogen and cerelac for day. He is having whitish stool and some black laces also. What should I do?
For a mother, the first few months after delivery are crucial since the uterus after expanding due to delivery, shrinks back to its normal size. Moreover the tendons, ligaments and muscles connected to the uterus begin to regain the power and strength lost during labor. A lot of emphasis is put on postnatal care in Ayurveda.
Ayurveda suggested diet tips:
According to your digestive system, you must take Sesame oil i.e. Til oil and ghee i.e. clarified butter after mixing it with panchkola. Once this mixture has been digested, you must consume rice gruel and milk that is medicated with Vidharigandhadi gana or panchkola. Apart from these, you must consume jaggery water for about a week. After a week, you must eat foods that are easily digestible to help you regain your strength.
Do's and Don'ts:
1. Do massage yourself with Vatahara Oil
2. Do bathe with warm water
3. Do keep your perineum and breasts clean
4. Do urinate every 5 hours
5. Do Breastfeed properly
6. Don't consume food irregularly
7. Don't have stale or cold food
8. Don't retain urine or feces
9. Don't indulge in sex or exercise
Ayurvedic medicines and herbs:
All the medicines and herbs mentioned below are never advised together. An ayurvedic specialist will usually give you a combination of a few medicines depending on your symptoms and condition.
1. Dashamoolarishtam: Dashamoolarishtam is extremely effective in boosting your immunity and keeping infections at bay. It is usually prescribed for the first few months as it also helps reduce inflammation and pain.
2. Jeerakarishtam: Jeerakarishtam is well known for inducing normal lactation, and is usually prescribed to mothers during the monsoon or winter seasons. This is because it keeps the body warm owing to its hot nature.
3. Shatavari Gulam: Improve lactation and achieve overall hormonal balance by consuming Shatavari Gulam.
4. Pulileham: Pulileham is administered to new mothers from the third week onwards for about a month and half.
5. Shatavari: Shatavari herb is mixed with boiling milk to improve the production of breast milk and avoid post partum depression. It is also useful for normal involution of the uterus.
6. Musta: Apart from improving breast milk production, musta herbs also relieves clogs in milk ducts and inflammation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.