Persistence of pain even after full healing of an affected area after injury or ailment is known as chronic pain. Chronic pain can also occur due to an undiagnosed underlying condition within the body. Any form of pain which lasts for more than 6 months can be categorized as chronic pain. Chronic pain might be continuous or episodic, excruciating or mild, totally incapacitating or merely inconvenient.
Symptoms of Chronic Pain include:
1. Light to severe pain that keeps occurring from time to time and cannot be relieved easily.
2. Occurrence of pain that can be described as burning, shooting, aching or even, electrical.
3. Constant feelings of discomfort. This includes stiffness, tightness or soreness in the affected area.
Chronic pain usually does not occur alone and is often accompanied by other problems such as:
1. Lack of sleep
3. Weakened Immune System
5. Mood Swings that include depression, fear, hopelessness, anxiety, stress, irritability, etc.
Reasons behind it
There are a number of different factors that can cause chronic pain. Some of them are:
- Aging: Common conditions associated with normal aging can have an effect on joints and bones, giving rise to chronic pain.
- Incorrect treatment and improper healing: Bad diagnosis or incorrect medications or procedures may cause improper healing of injuries as well as damage to nerves leading to chronic pain.
- Underlying disorders or diseases: Diseases are also capable of causing chronic pain. Conditions like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia are some well-known diseases that cause chronic pain. However, persistent and chronic pain might occur due to sicknesses like multiple sclerosis, cancer, AIDS, stomach ulcers as well as gallbladder disease.
In most of the cases, the reasons behind chronic pain can be rather complex. Sometimes, even though the chronic pain begins with an illness or an injury, the ongoing pain is capable of developing into a psychological aspect even after the physical issues have been healed, thus making treatment tricky.
Chronic pain is usually managed using a combination of physical therapy, medications and exercises, which helps in reducing the pain. Examples of pain relieving medications include ibuprofen and aspirin. Day-to-day activities can be performed only if this pain is adequately controlled. Additional techniques include:
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA): The target of this technique to address the nerves that are responsible for sending pain signals to the brain. This is achieved by placing the heated tip of a needle in a region which is extremely close to the nerve. The heat renders the nerve incapable of sending the pain signal.
- Pain Shots: This is used to deliver medications to the exact site of the pain. Nerve blockers are also used to block signals from reaching the brain.
- Alternative approach: These include acupuncture, massages and yoga along with other treatments from alternative medicine.
I am 33 years men. My problem is whole body pain. Weakness ,numbness recently I have checked anti CCP .anti CCP blood results is positive. Please advice sir thanks.
I am suffering from body pains. And how can I relief from pains? At the age of 35 I was good healthy and now am waking then how get rescue from it?
After 6 months I played cricket. So the next day I am not able to get out of my bed because of pain. Which tablet should I have and why does it happens.
I am 20 year old and I have a pain in my whole body as I wake up in morning. Feel like to sleep and legs and other body parts become tightened. May you please tell me what type of diet should I take to keep my body always active and fit.
Before two month I had fever then my body pain now my knee born is doing sound and all body pain pls suggest me.
My husband feel all body pain sleeping and feel restless for hours after a physical relation or sex.
I'm 31 years old. Im masturbating for quite long time. Recently I have got low back pain, blurred vision, disturbed sleep, body ache, tired and less memory and focus. Kindly help me to overcome this.
I have problem of weakness body pains joint pains fells weak all the day and tired my tsh level is 14.32 and today my doctor prescribe thyroxine sodium ip 100 mg for 15 day is my all problem is cause by tsh.
He is my brother suffering hole body pains and don't have hungry please tell me the solution to problem.
Last year one false tooth is installed. With capping on two side tooth for the support. And one month back I had fever and small joint body pain doc said it was chikengunya. But report came negative.
I suffered from full body nerve pain. .I am nt able to do work for lobg time. .what is the reason and treatment for this.
I am 23 year old boy. I feel pain at different parts of my body. The pain subsides within few minutes. When I go to any physician for symptoms of painThen he runs tests and nothing comes out it. I feel that I suffer from somatization. Please suggest me some mild psychiatry medicines for my problem. Please suggest the duration of dosage as well. Is it possible to cure somatization? Please only psychiatry doctors reply.
Hi, My wife has low-grade fever for long time. She also has body pain, surgical and back pain. She also feel pain in joints and bones. Her TLC count always detect very high around 14.20 thou/mm3. Sugar is around 160. Now we have one more blood report. Report result is "RBCs are predominantly normocytic normochromic. WBC series shows leukocytosis with differential count as follows (N58, L35, M05, E02). Platelets are adequate on smear. -Correlate with clinical details and previous.
Dear Sir, I am 36 old men. I have feels a lot of pain my whole body. After test I found my Vitamin D hydroxy value is only 10.3.Kindly suggest me I will go with medicines or Injection?
Near By Clinics
DentistThaltej, Ahmedabad, ahmedabad