Submit a review for Shubham HospitalYour feedback matters!
My wife has pain in right side breast ,she also feeding my 18 month old child, there is no smell in his breast milk ,shall it might due to milk blockage or some other reason.
Sildenafil (Viagra), whose function is to inhibit a substance called Phosphodiestarase-5 or PDE5 - was initially used only for the treatment of angina pectoris (a cardiovascular problem) and pulmonary hypertension. Incidentally, it was discovered that it could help the issue of erectile dysfunction too, and thus became hugely popular in the late 1990s. The little blue pill, as it was called, ruled more than 50% of the sexual dysfunction market for more than 15 years. However, as its popularity and usage increased, so did the scientific information about this drug, and now there is an increased speculation that it could be contributing to skin cancer, specifically melanoma. This is considered as one of the most dangerous forms of skin cancer and so the safety of Viagra sildenafil came into question.
Research has shown that users of Viagra sildenafil are at a higher risk for developing melanoma. There are reports stating that about 45 million men are at an increased risk of developing melanoma due to associated Viagra sildenafil use. The risk of developing melanoma was found to increase in men using ED drugs by 21%. Though there is no conclusive proof as yet that sildenafil is the cause, research is increasingly pointing out its role in melanoma. For example, PDE5 inhibitors (sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil) are known to promote melanin synthesis, which may exacerbate melanoma development.
The analysis of biochemical pathways of this correlation suggests that Viagra sildenafil triggers a special biochemical action involving the growth-stimulating cGMP (cyclic guanosine monophosphate (an intracellular signaling molecule) which in turn promotes the growth of malignant melanoma. In normal cases, the enzyme phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) regulates the cGMP preventing any adverse cellular activity. Sildenafil inhibits the production of this enzyme, and potentiates a specific cGMP-related biochemical mechanism (called cGMP-cGKI pathway) , and thereby contributes to malignant melanoma. This has been proven to happen in mice and is yet to be proven in humans.
However, there are also reports which suggest that this does not happen due to Viagra sildenafil per se, but due to greater exposure to sun, which even otherwise increases the chances of skin cancer in general, and melanoma in particular. The countering theories also say that the population in which skin cancer was detected, comprised mostly of high income individuals who spent a significant amount of time holidaying on beaches and are not connected to the extensive use of Viagra per se.
Therefore, though there is a correlation that has been established, there is no definite proof that Viagra sildenafil causes skin cancer. It is however, advisable to use ED drugs after medical consultation. If a patient has a genetic predisposition to develop melanoma, it is advisable to seek medical advice before the use of ED drugs. Occasional use should not be harmful. Also, when going out in the sun, limiting exposure to direct sun and UV protection should be managed too.
Thyroid cancer affects the thyroid glands, which are located at the base of the throat. These glands produce thyroid hormones, which help in controlling the blood pressure, heart rate, weight and the body temperature.
Thyroid cancer is primarily of four types:
- Anaplastic carcinoma: This is the most severe type of thyroid cancer which is rare, but spreads extremely fast once the person is affected:
- Follicular carcinoma: This type of thyroid cancer can be cured, but it might relapse. Follicular cancer spreads quickly as well.
- Papillary carcinoma: This type of cancer is more common. It generally affects women who are still of reproductive age. The spread of papillary cancer is gradual and it is less dangerous than the types.
- Medullary carcinoma: This type occurs in the non thyroid cells in the thyroid gland. Medullary cancer is hereditary in nature.
Thyroid cancer has the following signs and symptoms:
- Lumps in the anterior neck, close to the Adam's apple.
- Enlarged glands in the neck
- Swallowing difficulties
- Complications in breathing
- Neck or throat pain
- Persistent cough without any signs of a cold.
In Ayurveda, cancer is seen as a hindrance to the life force. The cancer cells lack prana (oxygen) and produce a growth beyond the life force. It is the result of the dominance of any of the three: 'vata', 'kapha' or 'pitta' in the body. Ayurveda is all about balancing the energies in the body. Polluted environment, processed food loaded with preservatives and salts, and certain other factors can greatly affect the 'vata', 'kapha' and 'pitta'. Thyroid is the result of an aberration in the "kapha" dosha in the body.
The endocrine system produces hormones, which help in the overall functioning of the body. The 'kapha' dosha holds the endocrine system together. The thyroid glands are an important part of the body; they are a major endocrine system. Herbs that can help with thyroid cancer:
- Black pepper
A breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that may find lumps of other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am a 22 year old female. What precautionary measures should I take to prevent breast cancer at a later stage in life? Kindly suggest practices to minimize the risk.
How to prevent cancer. So special chart show it by by hw eat and hw not eat. So which ayurvedic medicine is best.
My sisters husband (jiju) got buccal mucosal cancer. I don't know what stage is bt doctors are using chemotherapy means its 3rd stage. Doctors are not performing surgery becoz the cell are spread nearby blood vessels of brain they waiting for too come down level of tumor cells. I don't know what to do bt his left chick is totally swallowed. I am so depressed I want to boost his confidence I want to do whatever it takes. I am so tensed bt I know tht boosting thr confidence it cn be curable .please tell me doctors what can I do in this stage.
Sir my father was diagnosed with oral cancer in 2010 for which he went through surgery followed by radiotherapy. Now after 7 years he is dryness in his mouth. So my question is that how to make it go away as we have consulted with doctor and he has given Silva supplement but it does not work very much.
Dear doctor, Please help and advice. I'm a Omani national I had a small tongue surgery for the removal of small tissue After surgery doctors send the tissue to laboratory and said that I have tongue cancer I have attached the report for your review kindly advice if this is something serious or there is nothing to worry Because doctors here are not really sure 'I m ready to travel to India if needed. Here the doctors are again saying that they need to do tongue surgery again. I'm desperately waiting for reply. Kindly also send me the details tongue cancer doctor whom I can reach.
My relative has colon cancer with enlarged liver of 18 cm Is der any possibility that cancer has spread to liver Stage is initial And 2 years back she got her gall bladder removed. Kindly suggest.
My friend is suffering from cancer, Recently diagnosis heart problem i.e irregular heart beet & High Triglyceride. Have any suggestion? If any relation between cancer treatment & heart attack.
If caught early, penile cancer is treatable. In early stages, a cancerous tumour can be removed with little or no damage to the penis. But if it is diagnosed late, a man may lose part of or all of his penis and sometimes his life too. Hence, it’s vital that you know more about this cancer.
But first, a small primer on the penis…
The penis has two types of erectile tissues, the spongy tissue that gets engorged with blood leading to an erection:
- Corpora cavernosa: This tissue forms most of the penis.
- Corpus spongiosum: This tissue forms a small portion of the penis. It also surrounds the urethra, a tube that transports urine and sperm to outside.
The erectile tissue comes wrapped in connective tissue and skin to form the organ.
Penile cancer is usually found on the ‘glans’ or tip of the penis, but can also occur on the shaft of the penis. Some of the common symptoms of penile cancer include sores and lumps on the penis, redness or irritation on the penis and blood discharge.
Factors that increase the risk of developing penile cancer
- Infection with human papillomavirus (HPV): This virus causes cervical cancer in women. Unprotected skin-to-skin contact as well as unprotected sex with multiple partners, increases the risk of a man getting HPV infection.
- Not being circumcised at birth: Circumcision, an operation in which a part or the entire foreskin is removed surgically is a big protection from penile cancer.
- Phimosis: This is a condition in which the foreskin cannot be pulled back over the glans or tip of the penis.
- Poor hygiene
- UV treatment for psoriasis
- Use of tobacco: The chemicals in tobacco smoke lead to genetic changes in cells of the penis, thereby leading to cancer.
Diagnosis and Treatment
Detection and diagnosis are done using tests like a biopsy in which a small sample of tissue is removed from the penis and tested for abnormalities due to cancer.
Chances of Survival
Treatment of penile cancer depends on what stage it is detected at and so is prognosis. The location and size of tumour, and whether cancer has just been diagnosed or has recurred also affect prognosis.
For stage I and II penile cancer or cancer that is limited only to the penis, the five-year survival rate is 85%.
The survival rate dips substantially if cancer is diagnosed after it has spread to surrounding tissues or lymph nodes in stage III or IV. The five-year survival rate is just about 59%.
Is there any chance to cause breast cancer if we use endosis medicine. And if close relative suffering breast cancer.
Cervical dysplasia is a type of condition which occurs before cancer. This condition is associated with abnormal cell growth occurring in the cervix, uterus, vagina and endocervical canal. Cervical dysplasia is most commonly caused by the human-papillomavirus and is a sexually transmitted infection or STI. This disease is common in young women under 30 years of age. It is worth noting however that cervical dysplasia can occur at any age whatsoever. Here are the causes of cervical dysplasia.
1. HPV infection
An infection caused by the human papilloma virus is the main reason why cervical dysplasia occurs. It is worth noting that HPV is most commonly transmitted through sex.
People who smoke are twice as likely to suffer from cervical dysplasia in comparison to those who do not.
3. Immuno suppresive drugs
These are more likely to cause cervical dysplasia because they weaken the immune system of your body.
4. Organ transplant
Organ transplant also increases your chances of cervical dysplasia due to the fact that it weakens your immune system.
This is a disease which also weakens your immune response and therefore increases your chances of contracting cervical dysplasia.
There are not too many symptoms of cervical dysplasia and it can only be diagnosed using a Pap test without which more complicated tests have to be performed.
Once the diagnosis for is complete, several factors will have to be considered before deciding which treatment to give the patient. These include the age of the patient and the severity of the condition. However, in most of the cases women who have cervical dysplasia are not treated and the cell growth goes away on its own however when it is treated the following treatments are used.
2. Cone biopsy
5. Laser surgery
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Skin cancer has two forms, melanoma and basal cell carcinoma. While the latter could be easily treated and cured, the former is hard to get rid of. Like all other forms of cancer, skin cancer can be easily treated if detected in its early stages. Ayurvedic medicines are known to cure and manage cancer for ages. Also checkout Ayurvedic remedies for healthy Hair.
Here is a list of 9 Ayurvedic medicines that can help in fighting skin cancer.
- Aloe vera: It has numerous skin benefits. For starters, it is considered to be a natural sun skin protector. It protects the skin from the harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun. It stops the production of carcinogen and helps the body to heal faster from cancer.
- Flaxseeds: Apart from being rich in dietary fibre, this seed contains fatty acid micronutrients and lignans. The latter has the ability to stop the cancerous cells from spreading to other parts of the body.
- Astralagus: Astralagus has multiple health benefits. It not only helps to boost the immune system, but helps the body produce skin cancer agents.
- Turmeric: This is one of the oldest Ayurvedic herbs that combat a lot of diseases. Turmeric has a crucial component known as the curcumin. It is an extremely powerful antioxidant that has the capability to stop the growth of cancerous cells.
- Bilberry: Due to the availability of free radicals, bilberry tea can counter skin cancer and helps minimise the damage caused by the cancer cells. They are a strong antioxidant and help the body to recover quickly.
- Hawthorn: Hawthorn berries are strong antioxidants that not only stop the growth of cancer cells, but prevent them from affecting other organs of the body. This fruit should only be consumed if the patient is taking betablockers.
- Artemisia: Commonly known as sweet wormwood, artemisia has a compound known as the artemisinin. Studies have shown that artemisinin can stop the cancer from spreading. Being non-toxic in nature, they have no side effects at all.
- Scutellaria: More commonly known as the Chinese herb, this Ayurvedic herb stops the progression of skin cancer into further stages. They contain a compound known as the flavonoids, which are known to be an anticancer agent.
- Saffron: Saffron has the unique property of slowing down skin cancer growth. Saffron can be applied in the form of extracts in small quantities to get best results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Cancer can affect even small glands like the adrenal glands. Adrenal glands are responsible for the production of hormones like cortisol and aldosterone. These glands are located above the kidneys and have two parts; the cortex and the medulla. Adrenal cancer generally affects the cortex of the adrenal glands. This type of cancerous tumour is rare and can be difficult to diagnose.
Most adrenal cancer symptoms are triggered by an excessive production of estrogen and androgen. Symptoms can also be caused by the pressure put on other organs by the tumour. Adrenal cancer symptoms are most easily noticeable in children as this is the stage where the body is changing and developing. Some of these symptoms are:
- Facial hair growth
- Excessive pubic and underarm hair
- An enlarged penis or clitoris
- Early onset of puberty in girls
- Development of enlarged breasts in boys
Symptoms of adrenal cancer in adults includes:
- Excessive weight gain in the abdomen and above the collar bone
- High blood pressure
- Irregular menstruation
- Easy bruising
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Muscle cramps
Additionally, men with adrenal cancer that causes excessive estrogen production may notice an enlargement of breast tissue and tenderness in the area. Women suffering from excessive androgen production triggered by adrenal cancer may notice their voice deepening and facial hair growth. In most cases, adrenal cancer symptoms in women do not appear until the tumour presses on other organs. This includes symptoms like pain around the tumor, a feeling of fullness in the abdomen and difficulty eating because of this feeling.
The cause of adrenal cancer has not yet been determined, but conditions such as Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome, Li-Fraumeni syndrome, familial adenomatous polyposis and multiple endocrine neoplasia can increase a person’s risk of suffering from this disease. A thorough physical examination and a detailed medical history is required to diagnose this disease. The doctor will also need a blood test and urine test. Additional tests that may be required include:
- Biopsy of the tumor
- CT scan
- MRI scan
- PET scan
- Adrenal angiography
Adrenal cancer can be cured if diagnosed in its early stages. There are three types of treatment for adrenal cancer; surgery to remove the adrenal gland, chemotherapy and radiation. However, adrenal cancer can recur and hence it is important to schedule and maintain regular check-ups with a doctor.