Doctor in Rucha Majmundar Mehta
Weight Loss Treatment
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Treatment of Diet
Treatment of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorders
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment of Vitamin D Deficiency
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Rucha Majmundar MehtaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Rucha Majmundar Mehta Feeds
As experience teaches us, 'sin is indeed tempting'. You are aware of the ways in which your health and quality of life would improve and similarly attentive to factors that can harm your biological system and yet you give in to the trap of temptation. Not just once, but repeatedly. Processed food can be extremely injurious to your general health. A huge mass of people has processed food items after being familiar with its ill effects. The reason propelling them to do so is perhaps the good taste and easy accessibility of these kinds of food. They live up to your cravings at odd hours and are extremely satisfying.
Kinds of processed food you generally intake:
1. Snacks to savour: Binge eating can make you have some of the savoury snacks. In the middle of the night, you might want to munch on chips, flavoured and coated nuts, or on microwave popcorn. These packed snacks may have dangerous effects on a person's health and hence, should be avoided.
2. Processed meat: Bacon, salami or corned beef should be strictly kept away from as they include the threat of artificial hormones.
3. Veggies in a tin: Tinned or canned vegetables could be a feasible option in your fast-paced life, but it clearly is not good for your health.
4. Carbonated drinks: Carbonated drinks are enjoyable but they do interfere with a person's physical fitness.
5. Instant noodles, soups or other meals: Ready mixes and packed noodles seem to be a simple way of making tiffin or an evening snack, but the health hazards they cause should alarm you. Processed food items such as these can lead to cancer as well.
Natural food substitutes that can be equally gratifying:
1. Boiled potatoes sprinkled with cucumber, tomatoes, chilli flakes and salt should always be preferred over potato chips.
2. Consume fruits, especially citrus fruits regularly. Try to maintain a safe distance from packaged fruit juices as they contain preservatives and a great deal of sugar.
3. Tofu that is made from soya is high in nutrients and should be a great substitute for chicken nuggets.
4. One can deal with his or her cravings for mayonnaise by switching to hummus. Though the two food items don't taste the same, hummus doesn't contain animal fat that is actually harmful when stored or preserved.
Many people feel hungry throughout the day. They are lethargic until they lay their hands on food. These bouts of hunger go on like a vicious circle and if not resisted, it can lead to health issues.
Here are some tips to help you control these hunger pangs:
1. A high-fiber diet can prevent unnecessary hunger - Your diet should be rich in fiber. Body takes a longer span of time to digest fiber-rich foods. It also makes you feel full for hours together. Having fiber will keep your bowel movements in control and is, therefore, healthy. Remember to add extra fiber to your bowl of cereals or salad to keep pangs of hunger at bay.
2. Divide one heavy meal into two smaller meals - Eating heavy meals and that too less frequently is really bad for your health. This can make you feel hungry time and again. To control the constant rumbling inside your tummy, you should divide one big meal into two or more smaller meals. For instance, if you were supposed to eat sandwiches, boiled eggs and soup for lunch, you should probably eat sandwiches at noon and eat the soup and eggs any time later in the day.
3. Never be a fast eater - Jumping on your food is the worst way of tackling things. Research studies show how a human brain takes more than twenty minutes to tell your body it is full and satisfied. If you don't wish to overeat throughout the day, you must consume your food slowly. This way the brain takes more time in realizing it is full and thus, further time in feeling subsequent hunger.
4. Eat sufficiently during mealtime - Many tend to eat inadequately during mealtime and as soon as they are done with their food, they feel hungry. It is important to fill yourself sufficiently when you are already eating. A person snacking on carrots and corns can keep away from binge eating.
5. Drink more glasses of water - Every person should drink around three to four liters of water on a daily basis. Drinking water half an hour after a meal can keep your gustatory concerns in check for long. Water keeps you hydrated, helps in digestion and controls unnecessary hunger.
6. Eat a good amount of protein - Protein makes you full in very little time and thus, doesn't need to be consumed in great quantities. It will make you feel content for as long as your blood sugar levels are in balance through protein consumption. Protein takes time to be digested.
These tips help a great deal in keeping the hunger pangs at bay and prevent you from unnecessary binge eating. So, start using these tips to keep yourself healthy.
My height is 5'9' and weight 82.1 which calculate my bmi 26.7. I am overweight, what should be done. I and running, cycling daily, what should be any change in diet?
Mujhe apna wieght loss karna hai. Me dono time wheat daliya le rahi hu. Mujhe kya khana chahiye please bataiye. Me dinner me kya khau or kya bilkul nahi. Please achhe se bataiye.
Mam actually I care for my mom and dad. their health is deteriorating day by day. They work for me day and night. So I want that I give them some health supplements such as protein drinks and etc. So that my mom's and dad's health may improve. Please suggest me some of this supplements or protein drinks. Please.
The name 'fast food' comes from the fact that it can be prepared and served in a jiffy and not to mention, tastes delicious. Don't be fooled by the smell and the taste, they have such little to no nutritional value that they can hardly be called food. They are rich in calories, fat and sugar that lead to various kinds of health conditions. Popular junk foods include gums, sweets, carbonated drinks, desserts, fried foods; you probably love them now but after knowing their effects on your health you might want to eliminate them from your diet.
Here are some of the conditions which can be caused by the consumption of excessive fast food:
Fast food contains high amounts of trans or saturated fats that can clog your arteries and lead to high level of cholesterol later in life. People who have junk food more than four times a week increase their risk of dying by 80%.
Adolescents who have poor eating habits are at high risk of being obese. Gaining a lot of weight beyond a recommended proportion can cause many health problems. Junk foods have sugar and calories that lead to weight gain. It has also been noticed that people who are prone to eating more fast foods are less likely to consume fruits and vegetables and this further weakens their immune system.
Peptic ulcer is a disease that occurs in the gastrointestinal tract; it is acidic in nature and causes extreme stomach ache. Spicy oily and salted food combined with stress and alcohol can lead to this condition.
Busy work schedule prevents many people from cooking at home and they take resort in fast food but it is advisable not to let work get in the way of your health. Consuming regular fast food coupled with poor lifestyle and lack of exercise leads to obesity which in turn causes type 2 diabetes.
Cut down on junk foods and incorporate fruits and vegetables and also make time to include a daily exercise routine to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Water is the life-giving source of the planet and we would do well to remember to have our daily dose of at least seven to eight glasses of water a day. Besides it, many health benefits, water is also a great partner to have in the weight loss process. As per many scientific studies, you can actually lose up to 2 kilograms of fat by taking your daily intake of water to ten glasses a day, at least. So, let us find out how we can actually lose weight by drinking more water -
* Appetite: When you drink more water before a meal, you are actually taking care of something called mental hunger which is the reflex of the brain around meal times and during boredom, inducing you to eat more. So, to avoid eating a heavy meal, you may want to have plenty of water before you sit down to eat.
* Calories: It has been scientifically proven that greater water intake can actually help in the weight loss process by creating an increase in what is known as resting energy expenditure. As we all know, there are various ways in which calories may be burnt throughout the day, including sitting standing and even sleeping. The resting state may induce more calorie expenditure with the help of increased water consumption.
* Long Term Weight Gain: The intake of more water helps in bringing down your weight by 0.13 kilograms at a time, which goes a long way in your weight loss journey. Further, the results are also more sustainable and long staying. You can add a cup of water after each glass, and you can also replace your other beverages with water.
* Better Results in the Gym: Your workout sessions and that gym outing could actually benefit from more water intake. The way this works is that your joints and muscles are better lubricated which reduces the chances of stiffness due to intense and prolonged movements. This will actually help you in working out for longer periods without getting drained or tired too soon. So remember to drink plenty of water at least half an hour before you hit the gym or go running.
While water can be your best weight loss partner, it can also be a futile ingredient if you do not eliminate the things that lead to weight gain, or hold you back as far as optimum weight loss is concerned. So, you may want to ditch the sweetened and carbonated drinks and let go of fried and fatty food to let your body make room for lots of water instead!