Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Child Nutrition Management
Healthy Heart Diet
Weight Management Treatment
Submit a review for Preety Healthy ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Komal Patel to be very helpful. Good
Dt. Komal Patel provides answers that are very helpful. Good
After a whole lot of research and even more controversy, fats are back in our diets. But choosing foods with “good” (saturated and unsaturated) fat is now the main problem. So to help you with your diet, here are 12 foods that contain healthy fats:
- Olive oil: Olive oil contains secoiridoids and oleic acid which protect the body from diabetes, cancer and other heart diseases. It also slows down aging on the cellular level.
- Fish: Fishes such as anchovies, salmon or sardines contain essential Omega-3 fatty acids (a type of monounsaturated fat), which are important for healthy brain function.
- Avocados: Avocados contain monounsaturated fats that reduce bad cholesterol.
- Eggs: Eggs are a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids, and eating them for breakfast keeps you full and satisfied.
- Nuts: Nuts are a good source of unsaturated fatty acids, which makes them a good snack to munch on.
- Nut butter: Nut butter actually keeps you full and satisfied, which curbs down cravings. Just make sure to read the labels carefully because the extra sugar and salt in them can be harmful.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil contains lauric acid which is anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory.
- Dark chocolate: Dark chocolate is actually good for your cardiovascular health. Chocolate triggers the good bacteria in your gut to produce anti-inflammatory compounds which are good for strengthening the immune system.
- Greek yoghurt: Full-fat yoghurt is, surprisingly, good for you; just don’t forget to read the label. Sometimes they may contain trans-fat which is the real villain.
- Seeds: Seeds are so small, that they are often overlooked as the powerhouses of nutrition that they really are. Seeds such as sunflower seeds, chia seeds, flax, hemp and pumpkin seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which help reduce inflammations.
- Soybeans: Soybeans, besides being an excellent source of proteins, also contain essential fatty acids. You can substitute meat with soy products such as tofu and other dairy products with soy milk.
- Cheese: For a long time, the healthy diet’s number one villain has been cheese. While processed and packaged cheese used in most junk food nowadays are extremely unhealthy, you can add aged cheeses such as Parmesan, or simple cottage cheese in your daily diet. Cheese has essential fatty acids which actually help you digest vegetables better. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
I am underweight and it is hard for me to gain weight. Can you suggest me any diet to follow or any supplement to gain weight fast?
Extreme diet or crash diet, is a method to lose a significant amount of weight within a limited time period. But crash diets are not meant for long term weight loss plans. Since crash diets usually cut down on one or more food groups to reach a desired weight level, these diets skip out on important nutrients that your body needs.
The ways crash diets can affect your body include:
Dehydration: You realise you are losing weight after implementing the crash diet, but this is just an illusion. All the weight lost isn’t fat, but water. When you restrict calories, your body first burns glycogen—not fat, for energy. Glycogen is a form of carbohydrate stored in the muscles and liver, and water is attached to every gram of glycogen. So when your body burns glycogen, you end up losing water, which causes dehydration.
Unstable blood sugar: When your body doesn’t get a steady supply of fibre, fat, protein and carbohydrates, your insulin and blood sugar levels run amok. Some diets, such as the detox diet, can lead to type II diabetes.
Muscle break down: Energy comes from calories and restricting calories adversely affects your muscles. When you start losing weight, your body starts harnessing muscle proteins for energy. This leads to muscle loss and your physique deteriorates. For instance, liquid diets (that have low calories) cause rapid muscle loss and can lead to ventricular arrhythmias.
Slow metabolism: Your metabolic rate crashes automatically when you lose muscles. This implies that you burn less calories when you talk, exercise and walk. You start feeling sluggish, and even after you get back to your normal diet, your metabolism won’t change back to how it was before.
Malnutrition: A lot of crash diets recommend eating less than 700 calories a day, which will help you lose weight, but it harms your body. The body needs calories, since they are an important energy source. Soon your body adapts to the lack of calories and becomes malnourished.
Intellectual problems: Some crash diets cut down carbohydrate consumption, and this ends up affecting your brain. The brain needs carbs to function properly. So, when there is a severe carbohydrate deficiency, the level of corticosterone (the stress hormone) increases in your brain, making you vulnerable to stress, depression and binge-eating behaviours. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
'Red wine is a ladies' drink'; if you are averse to alcohol, especially to its usual, piquant taste, you must have been suggested with the lightness of red wine by officious onlookers. That surely isn't a remote possibility when you are a lady and of age. Cautious introspection backed with years of medical or scientific research tells millions how wine, when consumed in moderation, helps improve a woman's physical health: the facet of mental health can be taken for granted as inebriation of most kinds results in mood elevation. It is therefore a ladies drink indeed.
While being perturbed about the health of your skin, the sagging cheek muscles, a double chin or wrinkles that start showing once women are in their thirties, you must have rarely conjured the image of a vineyard to relax and repair. A vineyard can actually be your key source to youthful skin. Take a look at the following points to believe the same:
- Red wine can act as an anti-aging intervention in case of both men and women. A glass of wine every day can keep a woman's skin young and taut while two glasses of the same drink can let a man enjoy the look of a young adult.
- Free radicals are active causes of aging. Red wine is rich in antioxidants and thus can do away with such radicals. Many use grapes and grape juice for a glowing skin. Grape juice is way less effective as compared to wine as the latter contains the seed and skin of the fruit during fermentation. The fruit as a whole has polyphenols such as resveratrol that can successfully counter free radicals.
- If you are a health freak and insist on going by a Mediterranean diet, wine is part of your regular diet. You will experience the benefits in a few weeks' time.
- When consumed in a measured and controlled manner, red wine can reduce a person's chances of contracting breast cancer. Wine sharpens your mind while you age; your cognitive faculties therefore do not rust.
- Red wine can make your skin glow from within, unlike any other wine, as white wines have only a little amount of antioxidants.
- Your skin feels young and rejuvenated on drinking red wine as the drink aids arterial functions of the body. Thus proper blood circulation is ensured.
Hello. My name is nikhil Height-5.11 Weight-82 I want to lose my weight. Tell me what type of dite should I take. To lose my weight.
My arms and shoulders are very weak and looking thin like slim girl so I don't like this please suggest how increase my shoulder muscles and arms fit chest fit. My body also thin from heredity.
Condoms, when usedcarefully, correctly and consistently, offer nearly 98% protection from hiv and pregnancy. However, in practice, they are only about 85% effective due to errors in usage. Most condoms fail because of user error, but not due to faulty condoms.
Here are some tips for proper use of condom.
Don't put the condom on the wrong way. Take time to learn how to put it on correctly well before you plan to use it.
Make sure you use the right-size condom. Regular size fits well for most men, yet check that the one you bought is not too large, not too long nor too short. Try out different condoms to understand what is best for you.
Don't do it in a hurry, especially when the heat is on and you're eager to insert, else you may end up putting it on inside out or without pressing the air out of the tip of the condom. The latter act may lead to condom-burst during coitus.
Use latex condoms. If you or your partner need the condom to be lubricated, use only water based lubricants like ky jelly, astroglide or even water or saliva, but not oils.
Using 2 male condoms one over the other - or a male condom and a female condom together - does not lend double protection or double pleasure. The chances of one of them breaking are high due to friction between them.
Never re-use the condom. Put on a new one every time you have penetrative sex, whether vaginal, anal or oral.
Before putting the condom on, pinch the tip of the condom between your thumb and index finger and put it on while you hold the fingers.
Don't pull it too snugly to let the tip of the penis touch the end of the condom. (the tip you pinched will catch the semen and prevents the condom from breaking).
Uncircumcised men should pull their foreskin back before putting on the condom.
Take care while withdrawing the condom. Hold on tight to the condom at the rim and pull out slowly while the penis is still hard. This will prevent semen spillage.
Condoms cannot protect you from every std,such as genital warts, syphilis or herpes in cases where an open sore or wart at the base of the penis cannot be adequately covered by a condom and skin-to-skin contact between partners occurs.