Doctor in Homeopathy Clinic
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Homeopathy ClinicYour feedback matters!
The structure responsible for production, transportation, storage and excretion of urine form the urinary tract. Kidney, ureters, bladder and urethra are structures involved in urine formation and excretion process. Kidney filters nearly 3 ounces of blood, removes waste materials every minute. When these get infected with entry of any micro organism or any other pathological condition, then the person gets urinary tract infection (UTI).
Causes and symptoms
Urinary tract infections are more common in women than men because of the small size of the urethra (4cms) and also because of the squatting position of voiding. Entry of organisms like bacteria, viruses and fungi are the major cause of UTI. The person may experience burning sensation and pain when voiding, fever is indicated when the infection has reached the kidneys or prostate glands in male. Other symptoms include pain in back, ribs, nausea and vomiting.
Though antibiotics are used to treat the present infection there are increased chance of getting the recurrent infection. So it is best advised to follow the preventive measures to stay away safely from getting infected
- Drink plenty of water nearly 2- 3litres of water per day.
- Urinate when you feel the need , don’t control or resist voiding when you feel the urge as this may give room for the organisms to grow well
- Urinate after sexual intercourse. change the birth control measures if UTI is a recurrent problem
- Wash front to back, wipe off thoroughly after emptying the bladder so as to prevent the entry of organisms into the urethra.
- Avoid wearing tight fitting clothes. Always prefer cotton inner garments and loose fitting clothes so that air entry keeps the area moist and free from bacteria.
- Cranberry juice works best and it is the natural treatment for bladder infections. Cranberries have a special substance that can avoid the entry of E.coli into the bladder, but it does not have much effect on recurrent UTI infections
Our kidneys are an important organ in the body and are responsible for the filtration of blood and creation of urine. Sometimes, during this process salt and other chemicals get stuck together to form small crystals also known as kidney stones. The size of a kidney stone can range from the size of a sugar crystal to the size of a ping pong ball. However, it is noticed only if it is large enough to cause a blockage. Smaller stones may pass out of the body without you realizing it.
Kidney stones can be a very painful experience. Some of the symptoms exhibited by patients suffering from kidney stones are:
Excruciating pain is usually the symptom that makes a patient consult a doctor in cases of kidney stone problems. A confirmed diagnosis can then be made by using a series of tests that include an X-ray, ultrasound, CT scan and urine analysis. A blood test may also be conducted to check the mineral levels in the body.
1. Family history of kidney stones
2. High uric acid levels in the blood
3. Being between 20-50 years of age
4. A previous kidney stone
5. Chronic diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure
6. Some medication such as diuretics and antacids with calcium
7. Inadequate fluid intake
Between men and women, the former are at a higher risk of suffering from kidney stones. Asians and Caucasians also suffer from this condition more than people from other races. Hormone changes during pregnancy can also trigger the formation of kidney stones.
The first thing to do if you suffer from a kidney stone is to increase your water intake. This can help dissolve some of the minerals in the stone and make it a small enough to pass through the urethra. Injectable anti-inflammatory drugs and pain relievers may be used to ease the pain caused by kidney stones.
If the kidney stone does not pass on its own, a process known as lithotripsy may also be used. This involves the administration of shock waves that can break a large stone into smaller pieces. In extreme cases, surgical techniques may also be used.
Most women suffer from gynaecological infection at least once in their life while some may suffer from them multiple times. The most common infections that affect women’s reproductive tracts are vulvitis, vaginitis, cervicitis and pelvic inflammatory disease or the dreaded PID. What’s even worse is the fact that these dangerous infections are often missed in women due to lack of information and the absence of health services, especially in rural parts of the country.
Let’s take a quick look at each one of the above four gynaecological infections:
Common symptoms include-
- Redness and swelling on the lips of the vulva
- Clear, fluid-filled blisters
- White, sore and thick patches on the vulva
Causes can include anything from the use of toilet paper, swimming in pools, synthetic underwear, rubbing against a bike seat, bubble baths to shampoos and deodorants…
Usually, urine tests, blood tests and tests for sexually transmitted diseases are used to diagnose this infection. Vulvitis can be caused due to a number of reasons and it’s also a symptom of other more dangerous diseases, hence its treatment is done taking all these factors into mind.
Treatment can include-
- Avoiding irritants like swimming in pools
- Sitz baths with soothing compounds for itch control
Vaginitis refers to any inflammation of the vagina. Usually, the inflammation strikes the walls of the vagina. It can be infectious or non-infectious. This infection is common in women of all ages with one-third of women reporting suffering from the infection at some time during their lives.
These can be many like infection with bacteria, yeast, viruses etc. Chemicals in creams or sprays, and even clothing can cause the condition. It can be sexually transmitted too. Your hormones, overall health and other diseases you may have – all of these also determine whether you’ll get vaginitis.
The 3 types of vaginitis are-
Vaginitis should always be taken seriously. If left untreated, vaginitis can cause PID which can lead to infertility. If you get a discharge- a frothy white discharge or a colourless discharge with a fishy disorder and see redness around your vagina and pain during urination or sex- don’t take it lightly, but fix an appointment with your gynaecologist ASAP. He or she will mostly treat you using antibiotics.
This is an irritation or infection of the cervix. It is caused by a number of different organisms and it can be either acute or chronic. Common causes are sexually transmitted diseases or STDs like-
Pelvic exam and tests for STDs are used for diagnosing this infection. Treatment includes the use of antibiotics for the victim and her sexual partner to prevent re-infection.
Pelvic inflammatory disease
Pelvic inflammatory disease or PID is an infection that affects the woman’s entire reproductive tract like the uterus, fallopian tubes, and the ovaries. It causes scar tissue formation which grows between internal organs leading to chronic pelvic pain. PID can also lead to ectopic pregnancy or a pregnancy which happens when the fertilized egg grows outside the uterus. Untreated PIDs can lead to chronic infection and infertility.
The main cause of PID is bacteria. Intra uterine device use is also linked to PIDs.
Thyroid disorders are associated with the thyroid gland. A thyroid gland is a butterfly-shaped gland situated right at the base of one’s neck. The role of the thyroid gland is to carry out numerous metabolic processes within the body. The brain regulates the functioning of the thyroid gland through a feedback mechanism. There are a number of disorders, both severe and trivial, which could affect the thyroid gland.
Main symptoms of thyroid disorders:
Weight loss and weight gain
Changes in heart rate (arrhythmia)
Frequent mood swings
Sudden bouts of moderate to high fever
Other symptoms include:
Abnormalities or irregularities in menstruation
Brittle nails and dry skin
Intake of thyroid hormone pills may prove beneficial. Once you start with the treatment, you may notice significant improvement within the first two or three weeks. Generally, once affected by thyroid disorders, one might have to be on these medications his/her entire life. Over time, this treatment procedure should result in lowering of the cholesterol levels, increased energy; but in certain cases, might throw up side effects in the form of sudden and unexplained weight loss.
Anti-thyroid medications help reduce and regulate the secretion of the thyroid hormone, thus treating certain thyroid disorders (such as hyperthyroidism).
In severe cases, such as enlargement of the thyroid gland, surgery is advised by the doctor, in which the thyroid gland is removed. Tumors or thyroid nodules are also treated by this surgical process.
In cases of thyroid cancer, besides the surgical procedure, radioactive iodine therapy (radioiodine) is recommended. This therapy helps destroy the thyroid gland and other thyroid (malignant) cells which may be taking up iodine. However, the side effects of this technique are minimal. This procedure helps to destroy those tissues which may not have been removed by the surgery. If the thyroid cancer has spread to the lymph nodes or to other parts within the body, this particular mode of treatment can be very effective.
Types of Thyroid Disorders:
Hypothyroidism: This is a condition characterized by an underactive thyroid gland. In this case, sufficient thyroid hormone is not secreted in the body.
Hyperthyroidism: This is characterized by an overactive thyroid gland, that results in overproduction of the thyroid hormone.
Thyroid cancer: It is a type of cancer of the thyroid gland.
Goiter: This is a disorder wherein the thyroid gland gets abnormally enlarged.
Thyroid nodules: This is marked by swelling of the thyroid gland.
Fibromyalgia refers to a medical condition which is characterized by chronic widespread musculoskeletal pain, often backed by tiredness, sleep and issues related to memory and mood. Research indicates that the problem of fibromyalgia tends to amplify painful sensations by affecting the way our brain processes signals related to pain.Notable SymptomsGenerally physical trauma, surgery, any sort of infection or psychological stress tends to indicate that there is chance of fibromyalgia. They are now talked of in great detail below:Widespread Pain: If you are troubled by pain, on both the sides of your body, which is widespread in nature, especially above and below the waist, then it’s a clear indication of fibromyalgia
- Tiredness: People affected by the problem tend to wake up feeling tired, even when they sleep for long periods of time.
- Cognitive Difficulties: There is a symptom, commonly known as “fibro fog”, which tends to impair one’s ability to focus, be attentive and concentrate on mental tasks.
Fibromyalgia often tends to co-exist with certain other painful conditions such as acute headaches like migraine, painful bladder syndrome, mucous colitis, which is the other name for irritable bowel syndrome. Causes:The actual cause of this disorder is not known but it might be the result of accumulation of certain factors.
- Genetic Disorder: Fibromyalgia often tends to affect families. Certain genetic mutations might make someone a lot more susceptible towards developing this particular disorder.
- Infections From Illnesses: Some genetic disorders such as lupus can cause infections, as a result of which fibromyalgia might be caused.
- Trauma: Physical trauma such as car accident or even mental trauma due to early death of a loved one can lead to the problem of Fibromyalgia.
There are currently no cures for Fibromyalgia but some changes in lifestyle can make a person live peacefully with this chronic pain condition too. Manage Your Duties Well: Try and manage your daily chores in a sparing manner. Avoid lifting heavyweights and keep someone in the loop for assistance.
- Take Sufficient Rest: Though one should avoid being in the bed for too long but still sufficient rest is a must.
- Regular Exercises: Exercise is considered to be one of the best ways to get rid of fibromyalgia. Exercises in the form of either walking, swimming or stretching and bicycling would be beneficial.
- Yoga: Stress related pain could be easily tackled through Yoga, which is a very effective form of exercise for people suffering from fibromyalgia.
- Healthy Diet: Eating healthy is a must if a person suffering from this particular problem wants to live well. Consider taking fresh and natural items over processed or the ones with preservatives. Avoid taking foods which have high calories, saturated fats or there is usage of artificial sweetener.
So, we have talked about different perspectives on fibromyalgia, with regard to the symptoms, what causes this particular problem and how can one get rid of it or at least stay healthy with it.
As soon as one is released from hospital after going through an abdominal surgery, the patient must make a checklist and an early recovery strategy before leaving home. Do follow the following tips and recover soon.
- Do make prior arrangements for a safe and comfortable journey back to home. Ensure that you have made transportation arrangements to go home safely. Use your own car or book any cab or take any friend’s help. Place a cushion over your abdomen to keep it safe from jerks.
- Do go for post-surgery checkup. Book an appointment with your surgeon post-surgery. This would ensure that surgery did not cause any side-effect.
- Understand the schedule for taking medicines. Usually the patients are given painkillers. If you think you are not getting relief from it then ask your surgeon to prescribe you an alternative. Patients are likely to suffer from constipation post an abdominal surgery. If that happens, intake more fibrous food, fluids and indulge in light physical activities. Patients can also ask for cheaper alternative medicines.
- Check for certain signs and symptoms and take adequate steps:
- Take adequate sleep. There are chances that you may feel dizzy and fatigue, therefore one must observe change in sleep patterns. Have patience. Things will become normal in due course of time.
- You will also be subjected to little pain from the incision. Take your medicines as directed in order to get an early relief from pain.
- Draining of yellow color liquid from the incision in little quantities post the surgery is normal. If the drainage continues even after 7 to 14 days with redness around incision, it is a clear symptom of infection. Consult your surgeon immediately for the cure.
- Removal of urinary catheter from the bladder may cause minor difficulties during urination. Situation will become normal in few days. If discomfort persists, consult your surgeon.
- Identify the following dangerous symptoms and call your doctor right away.
- Maintain a healthy and supervised lifestyle post surgery.
- It will take few days to return to your normal routine life. So have patience until then.
- Go for morning and evening walks. Avoid heavy exercises as such activities may cause physical strain.
- Take care of your surgical incision
- Surgical incision should be regularly cleaned or washed gently. Try to keep the surgical site dry until the stitches are removed.
- After 5-7 days of surgery, the stitches would be removed by the surgeon. Avoid putting ointment on the stitches until then. It will take few weeks for the scars to fade.
Under proper care and supervision, the patient will soon recover post an abdominal surgery and will be able to get their life back on track.
The spine plays a very crucial role, both from a person’s movement and sensation point of view. It carries the nervous supply for a lot of internal organs and the lower body. By virtue of its structure, it also helps in movement through the disks. Due to various reasons, spinal injury is common, causing pain along the back, lower extremities, neck etc.
Medicines and exercise are the first line of treatment for most spinal injuries. The issue, however, is that these only provide relief from the pain and the medicines, but do not actually ‘rectify’ the underlying problem. Whether it is a herniated disk or a pinched nerve, the medicines and exercise can relieve the symptoms, but the disk continues to be herniated and the nerve continues to be pinched. Definite treatment is in the form of surgery, and with recent advancements in the field of spinal surgery, there are minimally invasive surgical options, which provide complete cure with minimal recovery time.
Some of the benefits of this are listed below-
Smaller incision compared to traditional surgical procedures, where only the injured area is accessed
The surrounding tissues are untouched, unless they are injured and require repair
Lesser bleeding compared to earlier techniques
Lesser painful procedure
Reduced hospitalization period
Quicker recovery and return to normal activities
The question, however, is whether this is indicated in everybody. A detailed discussion with your surgeon keeping the below points in mind will help identify the answer for this. The main driver should be the answer to the question – will the surgery be able to effectively relieve you of the pain and symptoms? Additionally, the following factors help in getting better results out of a minimally invasive spinal surgery.
Presence of symptoms relating to nerve compression, including pain from the spine down the leg.
Recent onset of symptoms, with pain starting days to months before seeing the doctor. This indicates the condition is relatively new and so damage is minimal, indicating favorable outcome. Chronic pain conditions take slightly longer time compared to recent injuries.
People with active lifestyle who engage in regular physical exercise are likely to have better benefits from the minimally invasive procedure.
Smoking reduces blood flow to the spine, leading to disk degeneration and weakening of bones. Healing is highly slowed down and recovery is overall delayed.
Excessive weight puts strain on the back, and so healing can be delayed or badly affected with more complications. It is not a contraindication, but be prepared for a longer recovery period.
Talk to your doctor keeping these points in mind, and you can bid farewell to your back pain forever.
Is your skin pigmentation becoming uneven because of certain changes going on in your body? This condition is quite common in pregnant women. There are several forms of treatments that are available for the management of this issue and for restoring pigmentation and skin complexion. You can choose from various procedures according to your requirements, and desired results. It is possible to completely diminish the appearance of skin pigmentation. These advanced skin care techniques for pigmentation are suitable for all skin types.
The top skin care treatment procedures for pigmentation are as follows:
Carbon laser peel
- This advanced laser peel is much more effective than chemical peels.
- This is a safe and fast facial treatment, which does not involve a long recovery time. It is ideal for any skin tone or type.
- The damaged outer layers of your skin are removed and the production of collagen in the underlying layers is promoted.
- Skin pores are also minimized as a result.
- The procedure is like a purifying process for deep cleansing of the skin.
- It is also important for controlling acne, inflammation, and sebaceous secretion.
- This is a non invasive procedure used for resurfacing your skin, and does not involve much downtime.
- During the process, the superficial upper layers of dead skin get exfoliated using a flow of crystals.
- Your cell and collagen production gets stimulated which reduces the appearance of large pores.
- Dead skin cells, dirt, oil, and bacteria are also removed, giving you healthy skin devoid of acne and bacteria.
- This treatment procedure is effective in providing healthy and good looking skin.
- This treatment is enhanced with the addition of a certain facial peel.
- It is a three-stage peel that involves an activator that stimulates your skin, a detoxifier for cleansing your skin, and an oxygenator for leaving your skin clear and clean.
Tri Fractional Resurfacing treatment
- This is another effective treatment procedure that is meant for improving your skin pigmentation and overall skin health.
- This noninvasive procedure rapidly improves the appearance of your skin that is scarred by acne.
- By using three-pulse fractional technology for resurfacing your skin effectively and safely, this procedure improves your skin’s appearance dramatically.
- The procedure involves minimal discomfort and the recovery time is quite less.
- Micro wounds created in the target area of your skin triggers your body to heal naturally.
It is important for you to consult a doctor after thinking of undertaking any of these advanced treatment procedures for improving your skin health and pigmentation. A doctor will analyze your skin and suggest you the procedure that is most suitable for you.
Hypertension, which is also known as high blood pressure is a prominent factor that is responsible for the development of many serious health issues like cardiac disorder, chronic kidney diseases, vision loss and stroke. The dominant causes of hypertension include troubled lifestyle style, genetics, environmental factors and internal imbalances. You cannot possibly control the chances of suffering from hypertension but you can always prevent and minimize the risk of the problems that are associated with hypertension.
The following are some lifestyle tips that can help you to manage and minimize the risk of developing hypertension:
Maintain a healthy body weight: weight plays a crucial role in the prevention of hypertension. People who are obese run the risk of developing hypertension. It is advisable to lose excessive body fat to maintain an ideal body weight. A well-maintained body weight minimizes the risk of hypertension.
Eat a healthy and balanced diet: unhealthy food intake is a primary factor that causes hypertension. Eating a healthy and balanced diet enables you to manage your blood pressure effectively. Incorporate plenty of fresh fruits and leafy vegetables, especially the ones rich in potassium. Limit excess intake of calories, sugar, and fat as they tend to increase the risk of hypertension.
Reduce consumption of salt: higher sodium intake increases your blood pressure level. Avoid high-sodium processed and packaged foods as they are high in sodium content. A low-sodium diet enables you to keep your blood pressure normal.
Exercise regularly: an active lifestyle is known to lower the risk of hypertension. Make sure to indulge yourself into some physical activities on a daily basis.
Limit the alcohol intake: excessive intake of alcohol can raise your blood pressure level. Limit your alcohol consumption to minimize the chances of hypertension.
Monitor your blood pressure: monitor your blood sugar level on a regular basis. Hypertension usually does not show any symptoms. If your blood pressure ranges between 120-139/80-89 millimeters of mercury it is an indication that you run a higher risk of developing hypertension. A raise in blood pressure demands moderation of lifestyle practices and controlled food intake.
Manage stress level: excessive stress and anxiety are not good for your blood pressure. Severe stress is known to shoot up your blood pressure level which leads to the development of many other health related complications including the improper functioning of crucial organs like heart and kidney.
The human body is designed to process foods with the help of fibers. The benefits of fibers are being recognized widely, and people are being advised to increase their fiber content. As per ICMR guidelines an adult’s diet should contain close to 40gms of fiber. On an average, your body needs at least 25 to 30 g of fiber daily.
Our body requires two types of fibers - soluble and insoluble. The soluble fiber absorbs water during digestion, contributes to stool bulk, and are believed to reduce cholesterol levels. Fruits, vegetables, legumes, oats, and barley are good sources of soluble fibers.
The insoluble fiber is required for good movement of food through the intestines. These are found in fruits, vegetables, beans and whole grains like wheat, rice, barley, and oats.
It takes a little planning to ensure your food is fibrous, but the benefits will be lot and long-lasting.
1. Vegetables: You have toensure that each meal of yours is as colorful as possible. Include good amounts of carrots, radish, greens, legumes, tomatoes, cabbage, and any vegetable that you like in each meal. This helps you get all the fiber and nutrients that you want in a meal. Baked, boiled, raw - choose any form that you like.
2. Fruits - It is advisable to eat a raw fruit as compared to having its juice. The fiber content reduces when you convert a fruit into juice. Try not to discard the peel, unless it is not edible at all (for example pineapple or jackfruit). Fruits, along with vegetables, form the most natural and best source of fiber. About 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day will get you all the fiber you need for a day - 25 to 30 g per day. Berries, pears, prunes, figs, apples, oranges, mangoes, pineapples - take your pick.
3. Whole grains: Whether you are picking up bread, noodles, cookies, or a packet of pasta, make sure they are made of whole grains and not refined flour. Include one cereal in your breakfast. Oats, barley, wheat germ powder, flaxseeds can all be good sources of fiber. Replace white rice with brown rice to get more fiber.
4. Water: Though not a direct contributor to fiber, increasing the water intake makes the fiber from the above mentioned foods more effective. It promotes better food passage through the intestines and contributes to better stool. It also reduces the bloated feeling that you get with increased fiber.