Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition For Pregnant Women
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Child Nutrition Management
Submit a review for Health Plus CenterYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Suraksha Shetty Shah to be very helpful. Thanks
Dt. Suraksha Shetty Shah provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks alot mam
If you are concerned about your heart’s health, it is important for you to make some dietary modifications. Simple changes in your everyday diet may offer benefits, which help in preventing future heart problems. If you suffer from high blood pressure or high cholesterol or have atrial fibrillation.
Here are some tips regarding the best diet for protecting your heart:
- Believe in the food hype: Having healthy meals is certainly beneficial and makes a big difference to your heart health. Consuming meals which contain vegetables, grains, low fat dairy and lean meat will allow you to live a longer and healthier life.
- Avoid crash diets: A crash diet may be effective, if you want to fit in a dress within one month. However, for improving your heart health, undertaking different fad diets is not useful. Meals in which a certain type of nutrients such as carbohydrates or fats are ruled out are not beneficial as well. You should have a sensible approach towards your diet and focus on food products such as vegetables, whole grains and lean meat.
- Do not overeat: Overeating will lead to weight gain and commonly, many people get heart attack after taking a big meal.
- Eat less salt: You should consume less amount of salt in your diet and do not eat more than one teaspoon of salt a day. Avoid any food item which contains high amounts of sodium. Salt is responsible for increasing blood pressure.
- Limit your intake of alcohol and caffeine: In case you suffer from atrial fibrillation, you should avoid caffeine and any other stimulant as they tend to trigger the symptoms. You must drink moderately as consuming more than one drink a day increases your risks of having heart problems.
- Choose meat wisely: You should avoid red meat, which contains large amount of saturated fats as these are not good for the heart. You should choose the leanest cuts of meats and trim all fat from it. You should opt for cuts such as flank, rump roast, tenderloin and sirloin. Pork tenderloin, chicken and turkey breast are other alternatives.
- Add fish to your diet: Fish is essential for improving your heart health. Try to avoid having deep fried fish and choose grilled fish or roasted fish, which are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Consume fishes like tuna, salmon, trout and sardines.
You should also add whole grains to your diet. They are effective in controlling blood sugar and lower the chances of diabetes. Hence, the risks of heart diseases are less if you do not have diabetes. Whole grains also help with weight loss, which is beneficial for the heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I feel very uncomfortable because of my body I am thin .what can I do that my body became stronger and k looking good.
If you are a health conscious individual, you may want to avoid eating oily, fatty and spicy foods to satisfy your hunger. If you are looking for delicious, easy to make food items, which are good for your health, there are many items which will fit your requirement and are easily available or can be simply prepared.
Here is a list of food items which healthy people eat when they are hungry:
- Popcorn is a nutritious and quite a satisfactory snack, which can be prepared in a few minutes. You may prepare various blends of popcorn, which may include spicy oregano, curry paprika or garlic flavored ones.
You may have avocados in different preparations. Avocados are considered to be very healthy and contain mono-unsaturated fats. You can stuff avocados with your desired ingredients and sauces for filling.
You can make a fresh tray mix for snack.This can be prepared using different types of nuts and grapes, cherries or blueberries. Use low carbohydrate products in the fruit mix.
Chia seed pudding is a simple food item, which is good for both adults and children. It is high in calcium, fiber, proteins and contains healthy fats.
Granola bars are great light food items, which can be made at home without baking.
Chocolate coconut oat balls are good snack options for health conscious people. These do not require baking and usual kitchen ingredients are enough for making them.
You can have roasted chickpeas in different flavors. Chickpeas are full of protein and fiber and you can add any blend of spice to make crispy, roasted chickpeas. The BBQ flavor is ideal to be used in this preparation.
Having seasonal vegetables with dips is a great and healthy option for snacks and other meals as well. You can customize this according to your wishes and can use various sorts of dips. This makes this preparation quite different and much tastier than normal salads.
A simple vegetable pizza can be prepared at home. It is quite delicious and takes less than thirty minutes to prepare. Without adding a lot of cheese and spreads, you can simply enjoy this pizza.
You can prepare breakfast muffins, which are simple to bake they contain milk and are rich in fiber and quite filling for breakfast.
Oats are very healthy as they are full of dietary fiber and contain slow releasing carbohydrates. Oats can be mixed with milk and you may use any kind of topping like a fruit or nut butter and can be consumed as a healthy breakfast option.
There are many healthy food options to choose from, but for getting a complete food chart based on healthy food items, you should consult a dietitian.