Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sujata Mehta AmbalalYour feedback matters!
The skin is the first organ, which shows the signs of ageing. Whether it is wrinkles or stretch marks the first signs will be shown on the skin. Stretch marks are not only the cause of ageing, but also form due to obesity, sudden increase in height, sudden weight loss or gain, etc. You might often think of how to get rid of these marks as they aren't attractive and make the skin look old.
Here are a few ayurvedic remedies to get rid of stretch marks:
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is a wonderful type of cleanser and moisturizer. Olive oil cures the damaged collagen of the skin. It also helps to increase the blood flow to the surface of the skin.
- Cocoa butter: Cocoa butter can be used as a moisturizer. It helps to improve the elasticity of the skin. By hydrating the skin, it also improves the appearance of the skin. Besides cocoa butter, you can also use almond oil, vitamin E oil and lavender oil.
- Aloe vera gel: Aloe Vera has a variety of uses for the body. In the case of stretch marks, aloe vera gel helps lighten the stretch marks. This will eventually result in complete disappearance of the stretch marks.
- Sesame oil: Mix Sesame oil with pure olive and almond oil and massage it gently over stretch marks area, this will help lighten the marks on skin.
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood helps the skin to cool down. It also improves the elasticity of the skin.
- Potato Juice: Potato juice contains a lot of antioxidants, which help to soothe the skin and remove stretch marks.
- Alfalfa: Alfalfa has a huge amount of vitamin K, vitamin E and amino acids. These help in curing damaged collagen in the skin which is the prime cause of stretch marks.
- Castor Oil: Castor oil helps to stimulate collagen and elastin production. It also helps the damaged tissues regain their original shape. It also helps the skin to return to its original position after suffering from stretching.
Apart from the above mentioned oils, regular yoga asanas, stretching exercises, nutritious diet, and a wholesome meal is a must for your skin nourishment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Laser hair removal refers to a process in which a special laser light is shone upon hair follicles. Pigments in the hair follicles soak up the light and this stops the hair from growing. There are several advantages as well and risks associated with laser hair removal treatment. Here is everything you need to know about laser hair removal.
- Precision: One of the biggest advantages of laser hair removal is the fact that you can pick and choose and remove only the hairs which you want to remove, which is not the case with waxing.
- Speed: Laser hair removal is relatively quick as an area, roughly equal to the size of one coin can be treated within a second. Therefore, small areas which need to be treated can be treated in under a minute while the whole back can have all the hair on it treated in about an hour.
- Reliability: Laser hair removal is very predictable and reliable due to the fact that hair will permanently be gone if this treatment is opted for.
What not to do?
Laser hair removal like any other treatment requires trained professionals as well as some precautions. Here are some precautions you should take before laser hair removal treatment.
- Limit plucking, electrolysis and waxing: All of these treatments remove the root of the hair. This is not good as the laser hair removal treatment is meant to be performed on the root of the hair. These should not be done for six weeks before treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure: Exposure to the sun creates complications and should be avoided for up to six weeks before treatment and also six weeks after treatment.
HOW LASER HAIR REMOVAL WORKS
Regardless of which area you're looking to de-fuzz, laser hair removal can help. In a matter of minutes, hair follicles are destroyed with minimal discomfort. Using highly concentrated energy, hair follicles are targeted and pulses of light are emitted. The laser's energy is attracted to the pigment of hair, the same way sunlight is attracted to darker clothing. For this reason, laser hair removal work best on those with dark, coarse hair and a fair complexion.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING A LASER HAIR REMOVAL PROVIDER:
- The experience level of the treatment provider
- The quality of the hair removal equipment (lasers)
- The ability to safely treat all skin colors
Aging is often considered to be the only ‘truth’ in the life of a human being, a ‘truth’ that is unalterable. However, being unalterable does not mean that it has to be reflected on your body. The skin loses collagen as you grow older. Collagen is the element in your skin that keeps your skin tight and firm when you are young. Loss of collagen leads to skin sagging as well as wrinkles.
Botox, a cosmetic treatment derived from Clostridium Botulinum, is utilized for smoothing wrinkled skin. Botox is utilized in the form of injections. The Botulinum toxin is injected into the body in traceable amounts; it inhibits the secretion of chemical (acetylcholine) associated with contraction of muscles and hence, helps in smoothening wrinkles and fine lines. Botox prevents the nerve cells from transmitting signals to the muscles.
The various benefits of Botox include:
- Non-surgical: Since Botox is administered using injections, the fears and hassles of undergoing a surgery are avoided.
- Excessive sweating: Botox injections can be used to address hyperhidrosis. Hyperhidrosis is generally characterized by increased sweating.
- Overactive bladders: In addition to treating wrinkles, Botox can also be utilized to address the condition of overactive bladder and urinary incontinence (involuntary and uncontrolled urination). Botox increases the volume of the bladder thereby reducing incontinence. Once an injection is administered, the overactive bladder will be cured gradually.
- Migraines: Botox injections, administered at regular intervals for around 12 weeks, can be used to address chronic migraines. It helps reduce headaches and additionally, reduces the chances of relapse. It is extremely beneficial for those who suffer from chronic headaches during one such migraine attack.
- Eyebrow: Your eyebrow may sag due to various factors, age being the primary contributor. Botox helps lift your drooping eyebrows; giving you a fresher and youthful look.
- Enlarged Prostate: Botox injections can have long term beneficial effects on men with enlarged prostates. Problems related to frequent urination and infections in the urinary tract can be addressed, while side effects, that accompany other medications, are avoided.
Hello there, I am Ajay. How to open the pores of the scalp blocked by sebum? Please suggest me on this.
Stretch marks affect men and women equally and are quite normal. Stretch marks occur due to sudden gain or loss in weight, rapid growth, heredity factors, stress and changes in physical conditions in both men and women. Athletes or body builders doing heavy exercises are more likely to get stretch marks due to rapid changes in their body.
Stretch marks are visible stripes or lines that appears in various parts of the body; depending on where the skin tears. The commonly affected body parts are lower abdomen and thighs; however, they can also be seen on arms, buttocks, etc. Pregnancy is one main reason in women for these visible lines on their lower abdomen.
But do not worry! you can get rid of them very easily if you follow these simple yet effective home remedies regularly:
1. Massage with olive oil: olive oil is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients. Regularly massaging your body with warm olive oil will help in improving the blood circulation and reducing those visible stretch marks.
2. Apply egg whites: eggs are a rich source of protein. Whip the whites of two eggs and apply a thick layer of the egg whites over the affected areas. Allow it to dry and then rinse the area with cold water. Finally apply some olive oil on the skin to keep it moisturized.
3. Scrub with coffee powder: gentle scrubbing with coffee helps in lightening stretch marks gradually as it has anti-oxidant properties.
4. Apply a mixture of lemon juice, sugar and glycerine: lemon contains a good amount of citric acid nd sugar is an excellent exfoliating agent. Scrubbing your skin with a coarse mix of lemon juice and sugar can help in removing dead skin and reducing the unsightly appearance of stretch marks on the arms, thighs, etc. You can add a few drops of glycerine to the mixture to keep your skin moisturized.
5. Massage with almond and coconut oil: mix almond and coconut oil and apply this mixture to the affected area regularly. This will significantly help in getting rid of stretch marks.
6. Apply aloe vera gel regularly: regular application of aloe vera gel helps in stimulating cell growth that helps in the reduction of stretch marks. Additionally, its healing and soothing properties keep the skin hydrated, rejuvenated, and glowing.
Ways to prevent and get rid of stretch marks:
1. Maintain a healthy body weight. Consume protein, zinc and vitamin c rich foods in abundance. Green salad, milk, fish, nuts and citrus fruits help a lot in minimizing stretch marks.
2. Keep your body hydrated by increasing fluid intake.
3. Avoid rapid increase or decrease in weight.
4. Plan slow weight gain during pregnancy.
5. Avoid prolong exposure to sun.
But, if stretch marks are severe or interfering with your self-confidence, treatment options are available. You can consult a doctor who specializes in treating them to learn about possible solutions and ways to reduce their appearance.
- Laser Tattoo Removal is one of the latest inventions of Medical Sciences.Previously it was impossible to remove the permanent tattoos but now with the advancement of technology the permanent tattoos can be removed easily in a few sessions.
- Lasers remove tattoos by breaking up the pigment colors with a high-intensity light beam called Laser.Generally 2 to 6 sessions are required for complete removal of Tattoo.However depending upon the size,coloration,age and location of the tattoo determine the exact number of sessions.
- Only a certified and skilled dermatologist should perform Laser Tattoo Removal Treatment.
I had acne on my face, I have pcod since 1 year, I consulted skin doctor, he told to do chemical peeling, Is that good for skin to remove acne? Please suggest me.
What is Micro Hair Patch / Hair Skin / Toupee?
Micro Skin gives you a complete security of hair condition and a new life, with better lifestyle and hairstyle.
Any vaccination for fungal infection? I have recently diagnosed with a fungal infection on left and right hand and taken Itraconazole capsules and Fungno GB cream as medication.
I am 29 years old my beard started turning grey and my hair on backside neck, particularly my beard has turned 30% grey, can you please suggest any treatment r medicine to stop early greying.
Blessed are the people who enjoy a flawless, radiant and healthy skin throughout their lives. Pollution, stress and unhealthy lifestyle have been affecting mankind like never before. Flawless skin is becoming a thing of the past. Skin problems like acne, pimples, freckles, fine lines and wrinkles, to name a few; are on a mercurial rise. The skin is losing its radiance at an alarming rate. Unhealthy and dull skin can affect a person's confidence greatly. Do not turn panicky and insomniac over it. A few healthy habits, if practiced daily, can work wonders and help in restoring the skin pH acidic 5.5 balance and skin radiance.
- The power drink to flawless skin: Skin problems are an amalgamation of many internal as well as external factors. The toxins that accumulate within our system act as a catalyst. If not flushed out, the toxins can deteriorate the skin tone and texture, resulting in acne and other skin problems. Thus, detoxification becomes very important. Drink a glass of warm lemon water every morning. It helps to greatly detoxify the body.
- The sweet route to skin problems: Cakes, pastries, ice creams, pizzas, beverages, can satisfy your taste buds, but they will do your skin no good. Excess intake of sweets and sugar greatly accelerates the ageing process. When it comes to acne problems, the Glycation (attachment of the digested sugar to the collagen protein) process is the main wrecker in chief.
- Go the healthy way: Unhealthy eating habits can damage your skin immensely. To look healthy, you need to eat healthy. Include lots of fruits and vegetables in your diet. Avocados, broccoli, berries are a rich source of antioxidants and should be taken regularly. Make a habit of eating at least one fruit daily. Citrus fruits are highly recommended. Salads are equally beneficial.
- One of the golden rules to enjoy a flawless skin is to keep your skin hydrated. The skin pH acidic 5.5 is very important for a healthy skin. Drink 6 - 8 glasses of water daily and feel the difference.
- If glowing skin is what you desire, sound sleep is what you need. A good 6-8 hours of sleep can do your skin a world of good.
- Stress and mental fatigue can have serious skin implications. Meditation and exercise are the best medicines to keep stress at bay. Exercise regularly and flawless skin will be sure be a reality.
- It is very important to keep your skin clean. Cleanse your face twice daily. It is a crime to sleep with your make up on.
Enjoying a healthy flawless skin is no Herculean task. We are always at your service.
Some diseases like chicken pox, measles etc. have definitive symptoms that make it easy to diagnose. However, others like lupus affect each person in a different way making them complex diseases that may take longer to diagnose. Lupus attacks the immune system and causes the antibodies that would normally fight infection to react against the body’s own cells and tissues. There are two main forms of lupus; systemic lupus that affects any part of the body and cutaneous lupus that affects the skin. These can occur simultaneously or on their own.
Some of the rashes that can be caused by cutaneous lupus are:
- Malar rash or butterfly rash: This affects the face and appears as a butterfly shaped rash over the nose and cheeks. It is triggered by the sun’s uv rays and can appear as a faint blush or a severe, scaly rash.
- Discoid lupus: Lupus can also cause small. Coin shaped sores or rashes. These are reddish and scaly in appearance and usually affect parts of the body exposed to sunlight and uv radiation. If left untreated, these sores can worsen with time. Though they do not cause pain or itchiness, they can result in scarring. In cases where these sores develop on the scalp, they can cause permanent bald patches.
- Subacute cutaneous lesions: These can be described as small, red sores that are shaped like coins. These can be found on the arms, shoulders, neck and chest in patches that resemble psoriasis. These lesions are also triggered by uv exposure. Though they do not cause scarring, these lesions can lighten or darken skin.
- Mucous membrane lesions: Sores in the mouth or nose that have been triggered by lupus are known as mucous membrane lesions.
- Baldness: Lupus can make the hair follicles near the scalp fragile and brittle. This can destroy the hair follicles and lead to hair fall. In some cases, hair may grow back while in others it could result in permanent baldness.
- Cutaneous vasculitis lesions: These refer to purplish spots or lines on the calves and feet. This is caused by the inflammation of skin tissues and can cause severe damage and gangrene.
- Raynaud's phenomenon: When exposed to cold, the skin on your fingers and toes may also change colour to red, white or blue due to lupus. This is triggered by the tightening of blood vessels and may be accompanied by a tingling sensation or numbness.
Scabies is a disorder of the skin that is caused by tiny mites known as Sarcoptes scabies. The condition takes the form of an itchy pimple-like rash on the surface of skin that is formed when the microscopic mites burrow into the skin where they lay eggs and reproduce over a span of several weeks. It is a highly contagious disease as the mites can easily pass from one person to another through shared clothing or bedding.
How to treat scabies with homeopathy?
Homeopathy is a wonderful science that treats diseases with natural and safe medicines. In scabies, Homeopathy is the best alternative treatment option as Homeopathic medicines are very competent in treating this kind of infection. They stimulate the disease fighting mechanism of the body to fight scabies. As the healing system of the body is strengthened, the disease is completely eradicated. Its holistic approach attacks the infection at the root and prevents recurrence of the disease. Some of the homeopathic medicines used to treat scabies are as follows:
- Sulphur: This is the most commonly prescribed medication for outbreaks of scabies. It treats skin that is itchy and irritated, especially if it worsens with the application of water or heat. Sulphur is a great remedy for symptoms that get aggravated during the night due to high sensitivity and if the skin is prone to pimples and eruptions.
- Sepia: Sepia is a popular and effective remedy for scabies in cases where the skin feels itchy but scratching provides no relief. Often, the symptoms worsen when the patient is exposed to open air, wherein this homeopathic medicine is a useful cure.
- Arsenic Album: This homeopathic medicine is prescribed when scabies leads to the skin becoming hypersensitive and violently itchy. Soreness, burning sensations and dryness are often accompanying symptoms and the skin may even begin to peel off in large scales. All these symptoms are treated by arsenic album.
- Causticum: The symptoms of scabies respond well to causticum, especially when the condition occurs in the folds of the skin, between the thighs and the fingers. The intense itching, burning and redness are treated by causticum in a very efficient manner.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines for scabies. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.
Hyperpigmentation is a relatively harmless condition, but can affect a person’s self-image and psyche. This skin condition is characterized by dark patches on the skin due to exposure to UV radiation or as a sign of aging. It is caused by an excessive production of melanin in the body. Hyperpigmentation affects people of all ages and with all skin types. However, fair-skinned people are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition than dark skinned people.
This condition can be treated in a number of ways including:
- Laser: Laser treatment for hyperpigmentation improves skin tone and boosts collagen production. With advancement in laser technology, scarring is no longer a very big risk with this form of treatment. Depending on the degree of hyperpigmentation argon or carbon dioxide lasers may be used in with short pulses or long pulses. Treatment can take anywhere between 30 to 45 minutes and is relatively pain free.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels rid the skin of its top most layer and bring new cells to the surface. This gives the skin an even tone and eliminates dark spots and patchiness. A light salicylic acid or glycolic acid peel is ideal for hyperpigmentation treatment. This is often used in cases where the patient’s skin is resistant to over the counter topical treatment. The concentration of active ingredients in the peel depends on the skin tone. Mild skin discolouration and blotchiness can be treated with a superficial peel while age spots and freckles require a medium peel.
- Topical ointments: Topical ointments are usually the first form of treatment for hyperpigmentation. Hydroquinone or retinol are the most commonly prescribed ointments. Broad spectrum sunscreen that offers protection against UVA and UVB rays can also help prevent further sun damage and dark spots. Skin lightening creams with soy or niacinamide as active ingredients also help brighten skin tones.
Apart from these forms of treatment, there are also a number of home remedies for this condition. Some of these home remedies are:
- Rubbing a freshly sliced or the juice of a grated potato on the skin
- Applying a combination of cucumber and lemon juice on the skin
- A grated papaya face mask
- Soak almonds in milk overnight and then skin them and puree with the milk. Apply this mixture on the affected areas.
- A mask of guava and banana pulp