Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh Patel ClinicYour feedback matters!
Hi, Tomorrow is my final exam. And I had a breakup. I can't get him out of my head. I want to forget him. He makes me mad. I can't concentrate on my exam. Please help me. I think I will go in depression.
In free time we alone what I have to do some thing wrong will happen, thing will come to my mind. Please advise
My 12 year old daughter struggling with ocd. Here doc gave her setra 25 mg for a week and from this Monday it's increased to 50 mg. Still no improvement. What to do? How long will it take for the medicine to work?
How to overcome with major depression? Help me out? I am suffering from very heavy depression. How to get rid of this.
Obsessive compulsive disorder is a condition, which is characterized by a constant occurrence of compulsive behavior and obsessive thoughts. People across all ages are affected by this condition; in some cases, it might start early whereas, in others, it develops around the early years of childhood. This is a very distressing condition as it can cause significant interference in your daily life. It is recommended to get it treated at the earliest to manage its symptoms effectively.
Obsessive compulsive disorder causes an obsession about an unwanted (forbidden or unfounded) thought, urge or an image. This obsession may result in disgust, unease and feelings of anxiety. A compulsion is defined as a certain behavior that is usually repetitive, something that you tend to do over and over again to get rid of the constant anxiety. An example would be to constantly check the windows of the house resulting from an uncorroborated fear that the house may be burgled.
The causes of obsessive compulsive disorder are:
- Chemical imbalances in the brain marked by low serotonin levels
- Family history of OCD
- People who are meticulous, neat and methodical might develop OCD
- Certain traumatic events such as having been bullied or abused can also cause OCD
There are multiple treatment options. The aim of the treatments is to manage the symptoms and improve the quality of life. The treatments are:
- Medications: Certain antidepressants that alter the chemical imbalance in the brain can treat OCD.
- Psychological therapy: Counselling or cognitive behavioral therapy is very effective in treating OCD. Cognitive behavioral therapy aims to modify one’s thinking pattern and get rid of unnecessary fears and thoughts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am having stress without doing any work, it affects on my health, how to relieve that? Please advise
Sir, I am 31 aged and I have temporary memory loss which I have detected by myself. For e.g. If I think I want to do one thing. When some one comes and talks to me in between I forget about what I thought earlier and due to which some urgent works are hindering. And if my manager asks me some thing to give and I walk to my table from his chamber then once I reached my chair I will forget what he asked and completely I do new thing. Like this so many incidents. What is the solution for this problem. Please guide.
The Doctor has prescribed me a tablet HOMIN which is not available in market near me. Can anyone please give me the salt details of HOMIN which is useful in OCD problems. Thanks.
Hi. I am 28 years old. I have epilepsy. I take medicine of tht bt I want to losses my weight. please suggest me wht diet should I take for my daily routine.
I have seen your article in quit smoking and its very good. Is their any way that you can help me to quit smoking. I am 29 year old and smoking from long time.
My question is for Psychiatrist and psychologist. What helps the most in order to cure from clinical or severe depression, gym or yoga?
I am male, 30 age, I got divorced in may 2016. Since den anxiety n depression all symptoms I had. My doc gave me fluvoxin cr50 mg n petril beta 10 mg. As tym went I got lowest dose. Now I taking homeopathy n sulpitac 100 mg. My symptoms rite now, I am feeling like I not alive, everything is fake like feeling, mind is slow, dim,depressed, slight fear, lost the reality touch. Isolated, inactive, sad, y is this all happening? I need help? Is it due to sulpitac or I have some prob?
I am not getting enthusiasm and encourage for any work and always little fear in my heart, mood become very dull in the morning, no happiness in mind, please advise. Thank you. I take Venizxr75 mg xr 75 mg, lithosun300.
I have a doubt please. Sir/mam .can you solve it? As I am suffering from mental illness psychosis, anxiety, depression etc. I want to ask why can not we take combination of medicines? I mean why can not we take allopathic and homeopathic medicine together. Because I think combination will be more effective. Or we have to go just one way.
Request a good psychiatry for online consultation. I am suffering from depression I am feeling very bad mood with little fear in my heart.
My age is 25 I'm suffering from depression since one year. And I feel like I'll die, I have consulted many doctors they said my health condition is normal and every lab tests are negative so please help to get out from this.
Sir, I have to ask you that when my board exam started last year I feel very headache and anxiety. My hair also going to be white. So what's the problem I don't know.
OCD or obsessive compulsive disorder is a mental condition, which traps people in a cycle of repetitive thoughts that push them to do repetitive behaviors. As the name states, the obsession over certain things compels them to do it over and over again. These actions will only help you feel relieved for a short time and soon the cycle starts back again.
Symptoms of OCD
The symptoms of OCD are classified into two groups, one for the obsessive behavior and the other for compulsive behavior. Some of the common symptoms for these are mentioned below:
As the name states this means obsessing over certain things, which varies from person to person. Some of the things could be:
- Being scared about making mistakes.
- The fear of being embarrassed in public situations.
- Constantly being scared about contamination by germs, microbes or dirt.
- Doubts about sure and simple situations and the need to be constantly reassured about them.
The obsessions usually results in compulsive behaviors, which you may need to perform to reassure and relieve yourself of the anxiety temporarily. Some of these may include:
- Trying to constantly arrange things in a certain way and still not being satisfied.
- Thoughts, words and images being stuck in your head throughout the day that may keep you disturbed and cause to lose sleep.
- You may even repeat specific words or actions multiple times as a measure of self reassurance.
- Hoarding of items, which have no value.
Causes of OCD
Biological factors: Certain chemical imbalances in the brain may lead to OCD, which may happen due to hormonal or biological changes. In fact certain infections are also known to trigger OCD in people.
Environmental factors: Certain types of mental trauma have been known to trigger OCD as well, such as
- Office, school, college or other work related stresses over a long period of time.
- The passing away of a near and dear one.
- Relationship problems.
- Repressed abuses from earlier in life.
Most treatments of OCD are categorized into two types:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: This is a counseling based therapy where you may be slowly asked to face your fears and overcome them over a period of time.
- Medications: Antidepressants, inhibitors, or antipsychotic drugs or relaxants in various combinations may be used to treat OCD.
- Electroconvulsive therapy: Only in the rarest of cases would doctors consider electroconvulsive therapy, if the patient is a danger to themselves or others around them.