Crown And Bridge Fixing Procedure
Treatment for Gummy Smile Correction
Restorative Dentistry Procedures
Removable Partial Denture Procedure
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Preventive Dentistry Procedure
Dental Cleaning Control
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Dental Check-Ups And Cleaning Procedure
Dental Bridges Procedure
Pit And Fissure Sealant Procedure
Dental Bleaching Procedure
Porcelain Veneers Procedure
Submit a review for Dr Asrani's Rudraksh Dental CareYour feedback matters!
Doctor is very good. He listens and discusses the problem and gives sufficient time. Their staff is also very good. My experience was very good.
Experience was pretty good. Clinic is very neat and clean. Doctor is very soft spoken.
Very skillfull doc. Very helpful team..the doc made the whole treatment comfortable
Do you often complain your Dentist or Physician regarding your mouth ulcers? If yes, then read on -
Mouth ulcers are very irritating. They cause difficulty in drinking tea, coffee, eating your meals and at times speaking. Today, let us discuss the most common mouth ulcers called Aphthous ulcers or canker sores.
Causes of Aphthous ulcers
Although the actual cause of these ulcers is still unknown, the following are associated with them.
- Stress - We have seen that many students suffer from mouth ulcers during exam time. Also, many adults suffer from ulcers when they are tensed for many days.
- Insufficient Sleep - People who do not take a good sound sleep do suffer from mouth ulcers.
- Stomach and Intestine diseases - People suffering from constipation or some gastrointestinal diseases also suffer from mouth ulcers.
- Vitamin B and Folic acid deficiency - An Improper diet which is mainly due to over eating of fast foods and not having a good diet rich in green leafy vegetables often lead to a deficiency of essential vitamins and minerals indirectly causing mouth ulcers.
- Trauma and food allergy - Injury due to tooth brushing or any hot foods and beverages can cause these ulcers. Also, some people have allergies to certain foods which often cause mouth ulcers.
How to manage these ulcers ?
These ulcers remain in the mouth for about 7 to 10 days irrespective of any treatment. They heal by themselves. However, the following remedies will help you to heal them a bit faster.
- Apply honey, catechu or glycerin over the ulcers 5 to 6 times a day.
- If the burning sensation over the ulcers is more, then apply any ulcer gels available in the medical stores. These are over the counter available gels and will get you relief for some hours.
- Reduce Stress - A 30-minute walk, exercise, meditation or yoga help to reduce stress and will boost up your immune system.
- Take a good night sleep.
- Take healthy nutritious diet.
Is there anything serious ?
- If these ulcers heal by themselves but recur every month or more often, then a definitive treatment is necessary.
- If your ulcers do not heal in 15 days, then it might be a manifestation of an underlying disease which has to be taken care of.
In any of the above condition, visit your dentist or an Oral Medicine specialist at the earliest and take a definitive treatment.