Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Nadi Pariksha Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Kerala Massage Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Atharva Ayurveda & Panchakarma CentreYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
A large number of people in the world suffer or has suffered from speech disorders like stuttering or stammering at some point in their lives. Stuttering or stammering is the involuntary disruption or interruption in speech where certain sounds are prolonged or words are repeated. Speech disorder can cause a lot of problems in terms of personality build up and causes anxiety in people. Every activity of the body is dealt or controlled by the nervous system and the brain. Thus the proper functioning of the body is the sole responsibility of the brain and any glitch can affect the functions to a certain extent.
What are the symptoms of speech disorders?
- Words are repeated
- Prolongation of words or silent blocks
- Hesitation while speaking
- Difficulty while starting a word or a phrase
What causes speech disorders?
- Genetic problems
- Stress, Shame and Anxiety
- Embarrassment and nervousness
- Loss of control while speaking
Ayurvedic remedies to overcome speech disorders:
- Brahmi Oil: It is a stimulant that is known to calm your mind and boost the function of the brain. Take 10 ml of the oil and warm it. Cool it down to a suitable temperature and apply to your head when it is lukewarm, half an hour before going for a shower. You can also apply it before going to bed and shampoo the morning after. This is more effective.
- Black pepper, almond and sugar candy: Take black pepper, and make a paste out of it. To the paste, add 7 ground almonds and mix it with sugar candy. Consume this paste every day for at least a month.
- Amla: It is an effective remedy, especially in children to stop stammering. Also known as Indian Gooseberry, it should be chewed on to slowly every day.
- Cow's Butter: Also called as ghee, it is responsible for brain development and is known to increase memory. Add this ingredient to your food.
Clove is a commonly known spice, which is native to the Asian cuisine. They are dried flower buds of a tree from the family of Myrtaceae. These buds are known to be harvested originally in Maluku Islands in Indonesia. The cloves are aromatic and is known to lend a sweet and earthy flavor to food. Historically, cloves have been used both for culinary and medicinal uses. As a culinary spice, clove is used in meat dishes, curries, drinks and marinades. It is widely used in Indian, Chinese, African and South Asian cuisine.
Cloves have amazing medicinal properties. The bud has been widely recognized as a wonder bud packed with health benefits. In India, cloves are an important element of Ayurvedic medicine. It’s warm and soothing properties are beneficial for treating digestive tract problems. Clove oil is used in aromatherapy and can also be used as an ant repellent, due to its strong smell.
Clove oil is extracted from cloves and contains a chemical compound called Eugenol. This compound not only lends aroma to the spice, but also possesses analgesic, antibacterial, antiseptic and anesthetic properties. It is for this reason, clove oil is used extensively in dentistry as an anodyne (A pain reliever). Its antiseptic and antibacterial properties are beneficial in treating infections and its anesthetic qualities are extremely helpful in relieving pain.
In painful teeth conditions like an abscessed tooth, infections, gum disease or even cavities, toothache can range from mild to sharp shooting and almost unbearable pain. The patient suffering from such conditions is usually put on antibiotics, thus, it is wise to recommend using Ayurvedic clove oil or Eugenol oil as it is commonly known for its pain relief properties. Eugenol helps in providing relief from pain by arresting the nerve tissues, causing a local anesthetic effect. However, it is strongly advised to use clove oil only under the guidance of a dentist.
Since Clove oil can alter blood sugar levels and is warm in nature and is not recommended for patients suffering from diabetes or bleeding disorders. Caution must be exercised as overuse of clove oil can cause nerve damage. If using at home, it is better to mix 2 to 3 drops of the clove oil along with half a teaspoon of olive oil and then apply the mixture to the painful area. The oil can also be applied using a cotton ball on the painful tooth with the help of tweezers; however, it is important that one should not keep the oil for more than 10 seconds on the affected area. It is also important not to swallow any oil as it can be harmful for your health. Drinking clove tea or chewing a clove till it releases its oil is much safer and effective way to use it, than using a clove oil.
So, next time you have a toothache, do not suffer. Try this medicinal gift, but stay safe. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Ek insan ki personality sabse zyada uske chehre se nikal kar aati hai. Lekin isi chehre pe agar daag dhabbe pad jaayein toh iski khoobsoorti mein ek kami si aa jati hai. In today's world, an exposure to an excessive number of pollutants, changed dietary habits and lifestyle are the primary reasons why log apni facial khoobsoorti lose karte jaa rahe hain.
Fair and clear skin is loved by all. However, kisi ke face be agar kale dhabbe aur marks pad jaaye toh wohi unke liye ek sabse badi samasya ban jaate hain. Sometimes dark spots may appear because of hormonal changes and due to advancing age as well. Lekin aisa nahi hai ki inko theek rakhne ke liye you cannot take any steps.
While there are a number of cosmetics that claim to visibly reduce or even eliminate kale dhabe completely. However, not all products work that well and some of them are extremely expensive to purchase. On the other hand, there are several effective ways to get rid of dark spots and marks in a natural way.
Some of these do-at-home remedies are described below.
- Use lemon to eliminate dark spots: Nimbu ke rass ki madad se aap kaale dhabbo se nijaad paa sakte hain. To reap the benefits of lemon, squeeze a lemon and apply the fresh juice on the affected area or dark spots on your face. Nimbu ke juice ko kum se kum aadhe ghante tak laga rehne dein. Practice the same remedy for at least two months regularly to see great results.
- Aloe Vera gel can help: Aloe Vera gel regular basis pe face par lagane se daag aur kaale dhabbe kum ho jaate hain. To reap the benefits of the plant, pluck out a fresh leaf and open it apart to take out the gel. Next, is gel ko aap face par 30 to 45 minutes tak lagaye rakhe. Wash your face with clean water in the end. To see best results, is nuske ko ek mahine tak follow karein.
- Honey and Dalchini facepack: Din mein ek baar apne face par honey aur daalchini ka facepack bana kar lagane se daag dhabbe kum hone ke chances bhad jaate hain. To prepare the mixture, mix equal amounts of cinnamon powder and honey in a bowl. Apply this pack on your face and keep it for half an hour. Aadha ghante baad gungune paani se apna face dho lein.
- Potato juice: Face se kaale dhabbe hatane ka one of the best methods hai aloo ka prayog karna. To practice this method, ek fresh aloo ko pees lein. Next, apply the potato to your face for at least 20 minutes, before washing your face with lukewarm water. Potato ke tukde dhabbo par lagane se bhi same results paaye jaa sakte hain.
- Dahi and Lemon: Mixing equal quantities of curd and lemon juice and applying the mixture on your face also helps lighten dark spots on face. Aap is mixture ko ek mask ki tarah laga sakte hain before washing your face with plain water after 30 minutes. If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
The commonest problem men face relating to sex is premature ejaculation. It dents the sexual life between parners and often results in irritation and feeling of guilt in men. What excatly premature ejaculation is? So, when a man ejaculates or climaxes too early, he ends up releasing semen too quickly which ends the sexual stimulation process early on and this is what premature ejaculation is. This mostly results in an unsatisfactory sexual experience for both partners and it may even be bad for conceiving.
Ayurveda describes the problem as occurring due to an aggravation of the Pitta (fire) dosha and imbalance in Apana Vata in our body. When this happens, the semen loses its stability. Additionally, this aggravated Pitta then moves up the channels that carry semen and with imbalanced Apana Vata, causing the semen to get ejaculated with minimal sexual stimulation.
Following are some of the ayurvedic ingredients for treating premature ejaculation:
- Gokshur (tribulus terrestris): It is a herb that acts as a urinary bladder cleanser.
- Shatavari (asparagus racemosus): It is a herb that helps overcome physical weakness.
- Ashwagandha (withania somniferum): It is a dense and hairy shrub that boosts stamina.
- Safed musli (chlorphytum borivillianum): It is a small herb rich in saponnins. It acts as natural source of antioxidants.
- Kali musli (curculigo orchiodes): It is a small herb rich in natural tannins. It's a small shrub having thick leaves.
- Semal museli (salmalia malabarica): It is a herb the extracts of which contains tannic acid and gallic acid as active chemicals. It results in rejuvenation and helps in secretion of semen.
- Akarkara (anacyclus pyrethrum): It is a hairy shrub that improves the level of stamina.
- Jaiphal (myristica fragrans): The barks and leaves of jaiphal boosts energy and fights microbial infections.
The above mentioned ingredients can be combined together in the form of a 'churan' and can be taken to overcome problems of premature ejaculation. Ayurveda is the oldest form of medicine providing natural solution with no side effects. Hence it should be given preference over modern techniques.
Hii, every day I take 2 glasses of warm water on empty stomach after bath. Is it good habit ? And it is helpful to health ?
Hernia or what in Ayurveda is known as Antra Vriddhi, is a condition that takes place when an internal organ in your abdomen gets displaced and protrudes outward, giving rise to swelling in the abdominal region.
Even though you can develop a hernia anywhere in your body, it mostly occurs in the abdominal region and can affect both men and women at any age.
The causes of hernia are:
Even though hernia can be a hereditary condition, certain factors can contribute in causing it. These are:
- Persistent coughing
- Putting excess pressure while passing faeces
- Straining your abdominal muscles by exercising or lifting objects that are heavy
- Buildup of fluid in your abdominal cavity
Some of the symptoms that indicate you have hernia include a visible, hard protrusion, development of soft lumps and pain. However, some people may not experience any symptoms at all. Hernia can be of many types, depending on the part of the body affected and even varying on the basis of your gender. In worst cases, you may require surgery but Ayurveda can cure your hernia completely without the need of you going through a surgical process.
How does Ayurveda help?
Ayurveda helps in curing your hernia by focussing on your diet. If you follow these rules, you can cure yourself of hernia completely.
- Reduce the amount of food you eat in a day and take small meals frequently instead of the standard three meals.
- While eating, make sure you eat your food slowly.
- Drink lots of water and other fluids, but do not consume aerated drinks
- It is advised not to take water with your meals, but only to drink a glass of water an hour after and half an hour before each meal. By doing this, you reduce your chances of getting heartburn and aid in the proper functioning of the digestive system.
- Eating any form of raw food, such as uncooked meat and vegetables is strictly forbidden along with processed foods such as bread, cakes, cookies etc. However, when eating cooked food, make sure it's lightly cooked and not overcooked.
- Having a glass of juice freshly squeezed from vegetables or fruits is recommended, especially carrot juice as it is enriched with calcium and vitamin A that help in the healing process.
- Make sure that whole grains, nuts, seeds, vegetables and fruits are a part of your diet.
- Lastly, go for a walk after each meal and do not sleep after eating, especially if you've had a heavy meal.
Related Tip: "Hernia - What You Should Know About It"