Doctor in Apollo Hospital
Treatment of Cancer
Breast Cancer Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Tumors
Treatment of Testicular Cancer
Treatment of Blood Cancer
Treatment of Brain Tumor
Treatment of Lung Cancer
Treatment of Colon Cancer
Treatment of Cancer Pain
Treatment of Oral Cancer
Treatment of Prostate Cancer
Treatment of Liver Cancer
Treatment of Throat Cancer
Treatment of Gastric Cancer
Treatment of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
Treatment of Lymphoma
Treatment of Cervical Cancer
Submit a review for Apollo HospitalYour feedback matters!
Apollo Hospital Feeds
Science has advanced a lot through the ages. Doctors have also succeeded in curing many diseases at this time. But even with one of the most advanced technologies, they still haven’t found a foolproof way to cure cancer. Even out of the many types of cancer, blood cancer is the worst among them. You surely wouldn’t want to get into such a situation. Would you? The best way out of blood cancer is never to get one. To prevent it you can take care of a few things:
- Maintaining proper body weight: Although you can’t do much to prevent cancer, you must ensure that you maintain healthy body weight. This implied that your BMI should be normal (healthy weight) so that you have a good chance of fighting it. It has been said by many leading institutions worldwide as the best way to prevent cancer. One can maintain proper body weight by making sure they exercise every day for at least 30 minutes and also maintain a well-balanced diet. This would help you maintain healthy body weight.
- Reduction in the consumption of calorie-dense food: Not only because calorie dense foods like cold drinks increase your weight, but the sugar also mixes with your blood and thus is difficult to transport through the body. Thus they add a lot of impurities to the body and must be avoided for the best interests in your effort to fight cancer. The worst fact about calorie dense foods is that you can easily consume 1000 – 2000 calories long before you can satisfy your hunger. Thus, it also defeats your first preventive measure to avoid cancer.
- Staying away from harmful chemicals like pesticides: You might not know it and be happily spraying pest control sprays everywhere without a proper mask thinking you will make the pests go away. What you don’t know is that those pesticides are harmful to your blood and one should avoid them. To increase the probability of winning against blood cancer, it’s vital to keep this in mind.
- Consulting a doctor from time to time: One should always go and visit a medical practitioner from time to time so that they can maintain proper health. Furthermore, if you see symptoms like fever, frequent infections, night sweating, swollen liver with abdomen pain, enlarged lymph nodes (they are usually painless), then be sure to go to a medical practitioner. Always remember that prevention is better than cure. Thus one should try to prevent blood cancer not cure it.
Cancer is a widespread disease which results in cell growth and cell multiplication. Millions of the people are facing this deadly disease, and the source is still unknown. It is a natural phenomenon to age cells, and cell death is inevitable. When a cell dies in the body, it gets replaced with a new one. But the cancerous cells cannot divide and lack replacement. Cancer forms a tumor in the body that leads to impairment of cells and other changes which make the body weak and dysfunctional.
Some types of cancers have visible growth like that of the tumor, and some are not as visible as that of leukemia. Some cancers have rapid growth of cells, while other types of cancers have a slower rate of cell growth and division. Cancer cells may develop in one part of the body and spread through various lymph nodes and bloodstream.
Causes of Cancer:
One common source of cancer is not determinable. Some argue that cancer is genetic, while others blame the lifestyle. There are many causes which result in cancer like smoking cigarettes, physical inactivity, and many more. But, one primary reason for determining cancer is not available. Risk Factors
Some of the preventable cause of cancer are:
● Excess body weight
● Lack of proteins
● Heavy alcohol
The causes as mentioned above are preventable. But, there are other causes of Cancer which cannot be prevented and age is one among them. Recent studies shown that maximum Cancer patients have Cancer due to age.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Cancer:
Ayurveda is not only a medical approach to treat diseases, but also encourages you to live a healthy life. According to Ayurveda, the body is made of five essential elements water, ether, fire, air, and earth. These elements combine to form a human body and Ayurveda is used to balance them.
The factors that balance the essential elements of the body are known as Doshas. These are:
● Vata Dosha which allows air and ether.
● Pitta Dosha for fire and water which handles digestion.
● Kapha Dosha for water and earth which gives structure.
When Ayurveda is considered for the treatment of Cancer, it aims nothing but the Doshas or combination of Doshas. Some Ayurvedic studies show that accumulation of cell growth is because of Dosha imbalance in the body, which can be prevented and treated. The disease is caused in the body when there is an imbalance of Doshas in the body. Ayurveda tries to treat the Doshas imbalance by various means.
One crucial key factor in the treatment of Cancer is prevention. Cancer can be cured with the help of Ayurveda by changing lifestyle and eating habits. Add more leafy vegetables in the diet, follow a strict exercise regime, and shun the bad habits. Slight changes in the lifestyle and use of Ayurvedic massages, meditation, and medicine, can cure Cancer. There are certain studies which suggest that Ayurveda not only help in the prevention and treatment of Cancer but also helps in the overall change in the quality of living life. Some of the world famous Ayurvedic modalities for fighting Cancer include Shirodhara, Abhyanga, Basti, and Panchakarma.
Why should you go for ayurveda to treat cancer?
Ayurveda has a solution for all the deadliest diseases in the world, and cancer is one of them. Ayurvedic medicines produce best results when the body needs to flush out the toxins. Every cancer patient can get a new life if he/she visits a good Ayurveda practitioner and religiously follow the suggested treatment.
Cancer can be treated by ayurvedic medicines or remedies in its initial stage. However, it is advisable to consult an ayurvedic specialist before opting for this treatment. Although, severe condition of cancer will need to be treated with other treatment methods.
Feeling a lump on your breasts can be a terrifying moment. 'Cancer' is the first thing that comes to mind but in reality, most lumps in the breast are not caused by cancer. Apart from cancer, breast lumps can be caused by non-cancerous growths, injuries and infections. The only way to correctly diagnose the cause of a lump in the beasts is through a biopsy. Hence, this is the first step towards treating a breast lump. From here on, treatment will depend on the cause identified.
Mastitis or Breast Infection:
Mastitis is a painful infection of the breast tissue often faced by women who are breastfeeding. It can be treated with heat treatment and antibiotics. Massaging the breast while taking a warm shower or applying a warm compress. This will open up the milk ducts and should be followed by nursing the baby or using a breast pump to relieve the swelling and pain.
Antibiotics are the first line of treatment against an abscess but this is effective only if given in the initial stage of the infection. In later stages, an abscess will need to be surgically drained.
This is a non-cancerous tumour often found in young women. It is often difficult to distinguish between a Fibroadenoma and a cancerous tumour and hence these are usually surgically removed.
In some cases, the breast itself is composed of knotted, rope like tissue. This is known as having fibrocystic breasts. If a new lump presents itself on fibrocystic breasts, a mammogram and an ultrasound are performed to evaluate the lump. In most cases fibrocystic changes do not require any medication or surgery.
Cysts can be defined as fluid filled lumps. In some cases, these cysts become apparent at the time of ovulation and disappear after the period. In other cases, it may need to be drained with a thin needle. Cysts often recur and need to be re-drained.
Fat Necrosis and Lipoma:
Fat necrosis is a lump caused by an injury to the fatty tissue in the breast. Lipoma is a fatty growth within the fatty tissue. In both these cases, no treatment is required but if it causes any problems, it can be removed.
If the biopsy reveals the presence of a cancerous tumour, you must immediately consult an oncologist. Treatment options for breast cancer include chemotherapy, radiation, surgery and hormone treatment.
Sir mere mother in law ke 1 kidney hai. Or unhe cervical cancer hai. Or kidney mai infection or cancer sari body mai ho gaya hai. Dr. ne treatment karne se mana kar diya hai. Kya koi treatment hai jis se wo bach jaye.
Cancer that originates in the uterus is termed as Endometrial Cancers. The cancer is known to originate in the endometrium i.e. lining as well as the cells of the uterus. Abnormal vaginal bleeding causes cancer to be detected early and a consultation with the doctor should be done immediately. When other cancers originating from the uterus are considered, endometrial cancer is found to be the most common.
Causes: The exact cause of endometrial cancer is not known clearly. The cells in the endometrium tend to become abnormal due to the occurrence of a genetic mutation, which causes rapid multiplication of cells that ultimately lead to the formation of a tumour like mass. They begin to spread to other parts and proceed to affect the tissues in the surrounding areas.
The typical symptoms of endometrial cancer include:
1. Irregular bleeding in between periods
2. A watery discharge from the vagina
3. Bleeding from the vagina postmenopausal
4. Pain in the pelvic floor muscles
Risk factors that might increase the chances of being affected by endometrial cancer include:
1. Aging increases the chances of this disease, especially post-menopause.
3. Certain drugs used in hormone therapy
4. Early onset of menstruation, especially before 12 years of age
Treatment for Endometrial Cancer Includes:
- Radiation therapy: This treatment procedure involves using radiations, such as X-rays to target and destroy the cancer cells. The two forms of radiation therapy are external radiation therapy (external machine is used to direct radiation on the cancer cells) and internal radiation therapy (radioactive substance enclosed within small and consumable items is placed near to or directly at the spot of cancer).
- Hormone therapy: Medications are administered to eliminate imbalances in hormone levels and prohibit the growth of cancer cells in the body. This remedy is preferred if cancer progresses to an advanced stage.
- Chemotherapy: This form of treatment uses oral administration or injection of chemicals into the veins so that the growth of cancerous cells is curbed, either by the elimination of the cells or by prohibiting cell division.
- Surgery: In this surgery, the areas affected by cancer are surgically removed; i.e. the uterus in this case. The surgical procedures that might be used include total hysterectomy (total removal of uterus), radical hysterectomy (removal of the cervix, uterus and part of the vagina) and Bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy (removal of both the ovaries and the fallopian tubes)
Hi doctor, my father having lung tumour as per then diagnosed tests and please review attached test report and suggested for next treatment.Please suggest for that.
The diagnosis of leukemia in a child is followed by a discussion regarding the treatment and tenure required for complete recovery. The way in which the doctors go through the treatment after diagnosis of leukemia is based on various factors. Such factors that influence the outlook of the child are termed as prognosis.
These prognostic factors help in taking the decision regarding what sort of treatment should be offered to the child. Treatments may either be standard or intensive based on the prognostic factors. These factors, however, are vital in treating acute lymphocytic Leukemia than the other type called the acute myelogenous Leukemia. Above all these, survival rates are discussed and these rates play an important role. Parents of the child affected may at times insist that they get to know the survival rates.
The 5-year survival rates: The 5-year survival statistics are a common method used for discussing survival rates. This is the rate that denotes the percentage of children who live for a minimum of 5 years after the diagnosis of cancer. In the case of acute leukemia, it is rare for the cancer cells to come back after five years and so, you can come to a conclusion that the child has recovered.
Prognostic factors: The survival rates are based on a number of children who are diagnosed, but this is not conclusive. The type of Leukemia also plays a vital role. There are also various other prognostic factors that affect the child's outlook such as age, gender, weight, initial blood counts, and the way the child is responding to treatments. However, the survival rates are roughly the best estimates even after taking these factors into account.
Acute lymphocytic leukemia - 5-year survival rates
The survival rate for acute lymphocytic leukemia is greater than 85? and there is a vast improvement in this percentage over a period of time.
Acute Myelogenous Leukemia -5-year survival rates
The cumulative survival rate for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia is about 60? - 70?. There was a substantial increase is this percentage over time. There are a few subtypes which have a different percentage of survival rates.
Juvenile Myelomonocytic Leukemia - 5-year survival rates
50? is the survival rate for this type of Leukemia.
The stage where there is no sign of Leukemia after 6 weeks of treatment even after the performance of lab tests which are very sensitive, it is called as remission. The remission stage does not necessarily mean that
Leukemia has been cured completely.
In conclusion, there is a significant increase in the percentage of survival rates when it comes to cancer. It has increased from 10? to 90? in the past few years. Factually speaking, there are approximately 375000 adult survivors in the United States who were diagnosed with cancer in their childhood.
Gastric cancer is more commonly known as stomach cancer. It is usually diagnosed in later stages as symptoms are few in early disease and are often neglected by people. Feeling of fullness in upper abdomen, decrease in hunger, weight loss, weakness, vomiting, are some of the common symptoms. Like all cancers, stomach cancer is shrouded in a culture of myths and baseless facts. Here are some of these myths and actual facts to dispel any doubts:
- It’s not cancer if there is no pain: In the early stages of stomach cancer, symptoms are either absent or very mild so that they are usually neglected. This leads to delay in diagnosis. It needs to be stressed again that absence of pain does not mean that cancer can not be there. Slight fullness in the upper abdomen, decrease in appetite, etc. can be signs of stomach cancer.
- Sustained indigestion equals stomach cancer: While it is true that one of the symptoms of stomach cancer is indigestion, burping and/or acidity. But, indigestion doesn't always mean that it is stomach cancer. Most of the times, indigestion is not due to cancer. However, if there is recent onset of indigestion (from 2 weeks to a few months) with loss of appetite, weight loss and vomiting, possibility of cancer should be thought of and testing carried out.
- Stomach cancer is rare: Stomach cancer occurrence varies and it is more common in some areas and much less common in other areas. However, in totality, it is one of the very common cancer types. In India, stomach cancer is more common in southern and north-eastern parts of the country but it can occur in persons in any part of the country.
- Stomach cancer is not genetic: Even though it is not commonly seen as a hereditary disease, stomach cancer can be passed down through the genes, thereby increasing the chances of stomach cancer in people who possess it by 70 to 80 percent. Mutation in the CDH1 gene is usually the reason behind this. Sometimes also known to contribute to breast cancer in women.
- Stomach cancer has no cure: This is a misconception. Except for most advancer stage of cancer (stage IV), stomach cancer can be cured by proper treatment. Surgery is the mainstay of curative treatment for stomach cancer. Chemotherapy and radiation therapy are also required in addition to surgery in many cases."