Doctor in Aatmiy Neuro-Psychiatry Clinic
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Aatmiy Neuro-Psychiatry ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I have a anxiety problem in past 6 months and doctors prescribed me mdma medicine which causes side effects on me please help.
Past ten years I smoke, now I left, can I use vitamin tablet, neurobion forte. General wellness. It is harmful.
My dad, aged 52, is in great stress due to their medical illnesses like piles, spinal stenosis, urine problem, burning,numbness in body etc. This is happening from 1 year ago and he is taking medicine from psychiatrist from 1 year ago. Psychiatrist is head of punjab government medical mental hospital. But still in 1 year, my dad is not improving. Improvement is only 10-20% in 1 year. Why is it so? Is this problem cannot b treated or I should change the psychiatrist?
Sleep is the most essential part of our lives because it is the time when our body gets rejuvenated and recharged. However, due to numerous reasons, quite a few individuals fail to achieve proper sleep or any sleep at all. This condition in which a person is unable to sleep at night can be termed as insomnia.
Causes of insomnia:
There can be varied reasons for different people that can cause insomnia.
- Unhealthy lifestyle i. E. Improper sleep cycle, improper food habits, untimely naps, substance abuse etc.
- Medical conditions like sinus allergies, gastrointestinal problems, endocrine problems, arthritis, asthma, neurological condition like parkinsonâs disease, chronic back pain etc.
- Psychological conditions like depression and anxiety
- Certain medications aimed to cure other health problems
In case of the treatable medical reasons, insomnia is gone once the problem is treated. However, for people who have no idea as to why they suffer from insomnia, here are certain tips that can help in fighting it.
Lifestyle changes to cure insomnia:
Starting with a significant lifestyle change can be a great way to change oneâs sleep cycles and get a good nightâs sleep.
- Maintain a proper and healthy diet, with more fruits and vegetables and less carbs and fat.
- Try to sleep and wake up at the same time everyday (despite the fact that you may not feel sleepy). This will train the body and regulate the body clock.
- Avoid afternoon naps or any short naps during the day.
- Exercise daily for at least 30 minutes.
- Avoid caffeine as it has contains properties that keeps a person up for long hours.
- Avoid intake of alcohol and nicotine. Although alcohol is associated with fun and partying, it is actually a depressant and causes improper sleep.
- Avoid any meal right before bed time.
Tips that can help:
- Take a good, warm shower right before sleep.
- Ask your partner to give you a nice massage before bedtime.
- Restrict bed activities to sleep and sex only, nothing more.
- Make a really comfortable and inviting sleep environment.
- Try and get rid of all your worries before going to bed.
- Reduce stress using a number of stress reduction therapies like meditation, deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation techniques, etc.
Apart from the lifestyle changes and the tips that will help you gain a better sleep, there is another therapy, which may be useful. It is called the cognitive behavioural therapy. This therapy can give essential knowledge about sleep and help achieve normal sleep routines.â if you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you canâ consult a psychiatrist.