Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Agra and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ruchir KapoorYour feedback matters!
I am having severe mouth ulcers around tongue and mouth. I am not able to eat anything. I'm using Zytee gel and VSL3 tablets. Still not recovered. please tell me what to do?
My teeth is alway bleeding and smell very bad when I am brushing my teeth it start bleeding. How can I get rid of it?
A chipped or knocked out tooth can be a very painful condition. Tooth injuries are most often caused during a sports activity or when you take a nasty fall. And such accidents can hamper your general well-being, your ability to enjoy food, your appearance and your precious smile.
Different types of tooth injuries:
- A minor chip: A minor tooth fracture usually involves chipping of the enamel only
- A major chip: A deeper fracture can involve chipping of both the enamel and the dentin of a tooth
- A serious fracture that exposes the nerve and blood vessels in the centre of the teeth
- A fully displaced teeth: Here the tooth is forced upward, downward or to the side
- A knocked off teeth: One that lands in your hand or shatters in the ground after impact
- Trauma injuries: A more serious accident that involves head, neck and facial trauma
- Wear and tear: Cavities or chewing and biting on hard objects like pencils, ice cubes, or hard chocolates can also lead to tooth injury
- Fighting the fight: When 'I'll break your teeth' ceases to be an empty threat
How are tooth fractures treated?
Treatment depends on the extent of your fractures. A knocked out teeth can be re-implanted in many cases. A permanent tooth that is re-implanted within 30 minutes has the highest chance of success. Here's what you can do to save your tooth:
- Collect your broken tooth: Carefully collect the tooth fragments to not cause any additional damage which may prevent re-implantation. Avoid touching the root part of the tooth. Wash it gently in lukewarm water and keep it in a small bowl of milk. Avoid scrubbing or scraping to remove dirt.
- Reinsert your teeth if possible: Once you rinse your teeth, try to reinsert your teeth in the cavity. This may be a painful exercise, so proceed only if you think you can bear through it. You can store it between your cheek and gum to prevent drying or in a bowl of whole milk.
- Take care of yourself: If there is bleeding, give your mouth a good rinse to clear off the blood that is blocking the view. Identify the source of bleeding and press in with a sterile gauze or cloth.
- Give yourself a treat: This is a great way to get your mind off the pain and works wonders for children. Treat yourself with an ice lolly/ frozen pop to ease out the pain. If there is any cut on your gums or lips, another equally tasty home remedy is to cover it with sugar which will temporarily stop the bleeding and the sweetness will help you to forget the pain for the time being.
- Go to a dentist: Even if it is a minor chip, it is always advisable to see a dentist, as the cut may be sharp and can eventually end up hurting your tongue.
Your teeth need to last your lifetime, so take good care of them, especially when faced with an injury.
My name is Arshad. My question is to a Dentist. I have done my root canal treatment for 2 of my teeth. I haven't put the cap for it. It's been more than 3 years . Is it possible to get it done now? Or is there a problem with that?
My gums bones are leaving the teeth (lower front 6 teeth) .as my gums are receding .dentist suggested me flap. I started using sensodine and listerine too for proper oral hygiene. I am done with OPG ,it is showing that bones are less. So kindly suggest me.
People have a lot of misconceptions regarding orthodontic / braces treatment.
1. Most commonly I have heard people say if you extract healthy teeth for orthodontic treatment eyesight is affected. Now that is not true. If that was the case then when your teeth decays your eyes should also have the effect. Your teeth are in no ways connected to your eye.
2. Braces weaken your teeth: no braces do not weaken your teeth in fact well aligned teeth are much stronger than crooked teeth because you can clean them better.
3. Braces are meant only for children: that was the early adage. With new technology now braces have become invisible and even adults can get their teeth aligned without the braces being visible outside.
4. Braces can be put only after all permanent teeth have erupted. Not only teeth can be mal aligned but in few cases the jaw bones are also mal aligned. When such is the case visit a orthodontist at a very early age so that we can alter your jaw growth. Once growth ceases you will have to undergo surgery to correct the jaw problem. Ideal age to have your kids shown to an orthodontist is 7 years.
5. Braces do all the job we don't have anything to do. Braces will do their job only if you allow them to. Follow your orthodontist instructions properly and meticulously. Do not break your braces by eating hard food substances. Keep your mouth clean.
Hope these instructions help some of you.