Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Agra and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ruchi Gupta
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ruchi GuptaYour feedback matters!
1. Always take calcium supplements in calcium citrate form because they don't cause kidney stones.
2. Check what kind of calcium you are taking. Calcium carbonate and calcium phosphate should always be taken with food.
Calcium citrate can be taken anytime with or without food.
3. If you are taking flavoured calcium supplements check it contains sugar or not.
4. Your daily calcium requirements highest during teenage years and after 40.
5 especially women requires around 1200 mg of calcium/day.
6. Vitamin d is essential for proper absorption of calcium.
Responsible for muscles to work and nerves to carry messages between brain and other parts of body.
- Milk, yogurt, cheese
- Kale, broccoli, chinese cabbage, leafy greens
- Fish with soft bones like sardines and salmon and most seafoods
- Cereals, fruit juice, soy, tofu.
I am 46 years old. I have BULKY uterus about 126*63*55 mm. Without operation I want any solution for this. Thank You.
I am 16 years old and suffering from irregular periods from last few months. I need some effective home remedies for my problem rather than any test or medicines. Pls.
I have eaten omellete unknowingly while I am trying to conceive a baby. Now I am pretty scared due to it. Please suggest me if I should take some precautions. My medicines are also in routine for my wisdom tooth ache. Please reply asap.
My age 19 am feeling that am pregnant from last 5 months I didn't get period And am feeling vomit sensation and vaginal smell also coming In case if I am confirmly pregnant after 4 months is there any way to stop pregnancy without abortion I need help and suggestion is there any natural way or medical way without abortion to stop pregnancy after 4 months.
1. Taking plenty of water daily improve your skin texture.
2. Taking water in an empty stomach will reduce risk of getting stomach related illness.
3. It will improve the functioning of each organ.
4. If you drink more water before meal, obesity problem is gone.
Postpartum hemorrhage is a condition where a woman may lose a lot of blood (approximately 500ml to 1000ml) from her vulva shortly after childbirth. This usually occurs within the first 24 hrs of childbirth and can even result in severe blood loss threatening the mother’s life in case the blood loss is over 2000 ml. Secondary postpartum hemorrhage can also occur until 12 weeks after childbirth and this extra care should be taken, if there is any such possibility.
Symptoms of postpartum hemorrhage:
- Rapid increase in heart rate.
- Feeling dizzy while standing up.
- Increase breathing rate.
- Feeling cold and chilly even if the room temperature is normal.
- Sudden fall in blood pressure levels.
- Fainting or becoming unconscious.
Causes of postpartum hemorrhage:
- Uterine atony: This is a condition in which the uterus contracts and may lead to excessive bleeding. Infection in the placental tissue can also lead to postpartum hemorrhage.
- Trauma: This is a very common cause for postpartum hemorrhage. Sometimes, the uterus (womb), vagina, cervix (passage forming the lower end of the womb) and the perineum (area between the vulva and the anus) can get injured. These areas become vascular during the course of pregnancy and may rupture in the process of childbirth causing excessive bleeding.
- Tissue: At times, the whole placenta or fetus tissue does not come out of the body after childbirth. This can lead to profound blood loss resulting in postpartum hemorrhage.
- Thrombin: This is a disorder which occurs when there is excessive bleeding when the blood fails to clot inside the body.
How can you prevent postpartum haemorrage?
- Oxytocin is a substance which is used after the delivery of the baby. This prevents postpartum hemorrhage. It can be administered in the following ways :
- As an injection which is directly injected into the blood stream.
- After delivery, breastfeeding your baby can also trigger natural oxytocin. This occurs as encouraging the baby to suckle also stimulates the nipples which release oxytocin, thus preventing postpartum hemorrhage.
- In the form of intravenous drips mixed in with important medications. IV drips can administer oxytocin along with other important fluids along with it.
- Uterine massage is also recommended to prevent postpartum hemorrhage. After delivery, massaging the uterus makes the muscles relax and contract. This reduces the risks of excessive bleeding.
A lot of women can also die due to excessive bleeding after childbirth, especially in developing countries including India. This is a cause for concern and proper care should be taken if you start experiencing these symptoms.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!