Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Agra and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh GargYour feedback matters!
Food to eat during Malaria/Dengue for fast recovery and avoid to lose muscle as I'm body building and don't want to loose weight?
Sir, Thanks for fulfilling my query on thyroglobulin levels. Now I have a lobe near my neck. It is not that big but visible. Now my Homeopathy doctor says that the lobe will go after continuing the medicines. Is surgery necessary.
Sir/madam, I'm suffering throat pain after the consumption of hot food which I had ordered in a fast food centre. I'm feeling uncomfortable and couldn't swallow anything as it irritates. Thank you I wish you answer me soon.
Hi I have dust allergy since past 3 years. I would like to have permanent cure for this. I have continues cold n sneezing also.
I am diabetic patient, what kind of diet I will take and what kind of exercise I will do for better result.
I am having tremendous headache with high fever from four day. Now its impossible for me to stay. What should I do now?
Should I leave gym workout if I m feeling pain in my surgery area of inguinal hernia. I went to the Dr. He said there is no recurrence. Please help me what shud I do? how many chances of recurrence of hernia after surgery. Nd shud I not do workout in whole life? please prescribe me right advice. What shud I do?
Doctor actually day by day I am loosing my body fat because of that I started loosing my health , I am a lean person but I want to increase my fat my muscles and anything which I eat , most of the times my stomach not able to consume that because of that stomach pain starts, so that is basically my issue.
She is 76 diabetic for 32 years. 3 days back her usual checkup indicated her creatinine 2.2.otherwise so far it was between 1.4 tob 1.8.can you pl suggest her diet.
Dear sir, mujhe humesha jukam laga rahta hai, jiski wazah se gale mai aur chest mai bahut cough jama hone ki wazah se gale aur chest mai dard bana rahta hai aur saans lene mai bhi dikkat hoti hai. Please koi ilaz bataye. Bahut medicine kha chuki hu.
Nails are an important part of your physiology, although they are mostly used for either utilitarian purposes such as gripping or for beauty purposes such as nail decorations. Nails themselves can go through infections which need not have underlying causes and thus can cause damage to that part of the tissue. One such disorder of the nail is onycholysis.
What is onycholysis?
This is a disorder where the nail on the finger or the toes starts to separate from the skin below. This happens little by little and usually starts at the tip and then progresses backward. The further back it progresses, the more nail tissue it destroys. While the entire nail may not be detached from the nail bed, parts of it may chip off, showing the tissue underneath.
Symptoms of Onycholysis:
- Jagged border between the pink flesh of the nail bed and the yellow edge of the nail
- Detached nails become opaque, yellow or may turn green in color
- Nail may become irregular in shape and size
- Bits and chunks of nails can break off easily
Primary Causes for Onycholysis:
Let's look at some of the primary causes of onycholysis:
- Frequent Trauma - If you have a profession or work at home where you constantly require tapping away, it might cause minute injuries to build up within the nails and the fingers. Tapping on keyboards is one area where you could get repetitive trauma like this.
- Manicure Problems - Many salons may aggressively try to clean the underside of the nails and in the process, slowly dislodge the nail form the nail bed and cause onycholysis. This has known to be the case with many people.
- Water Immersion - If you have work where your nails are immersed in water for long periods of time, this could also affect the development of onycholysis.
- Skin Diseases - Certain skin conditions can also end up giving onycholysis. Psoriasis and contact dermatitis are other conditions that may lead to onycholysis as a consequence.
- Allergy to Nail Glue - Many makeup artists and customers have complained that certain brands of nail glue can also cause allergies resulting in onycholysis.
- Medications - Medications meant for the treatment of other ailments within the body can have the unintended consequences of causing onycholysis.
The underlying problems need to be corrected which may cause onycholysis. Once the underlying problem is corrected, onycholysis usually corrects itself. The nail may take some time to re-grow but will grow back on its own eventually and may take 4 to 6 months to cover the entire affected area again.