Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajesh Upadhyay
Dr. Rajesh Upadhyay Kshar Sutra Clinic - Fistula In Ano Piles Heamorrhoids & Fissure In Ano TreatmentL.G.F. 20, Hera Plaza, Near Shree & Heera Talkies ByPass Road Bhagwan Talkies Area, Agra Get Directions
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Anal Fissure
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Treatment of Facial Pain
Pit And Fissure Sealant Procedure
Treatment of Fistula in Ano
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh UpadhyayYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Rajesh Upadhyay provides answers that are knowledgeable. sir what can i do i loss some wait also very pain suggest medicine and treatment
Ashok Kumar Mishra
The Dr is very much cooperative.
Piles, fistulas and fissures are abnormalities of the rectum, that are easily diagnosable due to their obvious symptoms, and are easily treatable. Piles is the formation of stacks of tough tissue in the anal canal. Fissures are small tears in the anal canal that cause painful stool discharge accompanied by blood. Fistula on the other hand is an abnormal connection between an artery and a vein in the region of the anus. All of these have the symptom of pain when passing stool, blood in the stools and a foul smelling discharge sometimes accompanying stool.
Fortunately, all of them are treatable and Kshar Sutra and BIEM are the two best methods of treatment.
This method is used to treat all the three conditions of fissure, fistula and piles. It is done by inserting a thread covered by Kshar latex into the cavity caused by the condition. Then the thread is taken out, but the medication is left inside the cavity. A fresh dose of medication is administered every week. In the process, any pus or toxic waste accumulated due to the condition is drained away, dead or impaired tissue is removed, and microbial festering is healed.
Benefits of Kshar Sutra treatment:
There are several benefits to Kshar Sutra treatment, including:
- No side-effects: Alternative modes of medication include the use of potent and harmful chemicals like Botulinum toxin and Calcium Channel blocking drugs. Kshar Sutra doesn’t use any of these and is therefore side effect free.
- Durability of the cure: Another major benefit of Kshar Sutra treatment is that the cure is permanent, and the chances of a relapse of your anal condition are extremely less.
Biological Impedence Electrical Auto-Measurement (BIEM) is a mechanized surgical procedure for the healing of anal piles, fistula and fissure. It operated by fusing together the tissues that have come loose and allowed the condition to develop. The tissue fission is highly efficient, and removes scar tissue from within. There are several benefits to this form of treatment too.
Benefits of BIEM:
- Permanent cure: the relief provided by BIEM treatment is extremely durable, as the fusion of tissues it causes is strong enough to rip even under 3 times the normal blood pressure.
- Reduces financial and immune system stress related to relapses: After BIEM treatment, the cure is long lasting and there are very less chances of a relapse. Therefore, you do not need to think about the costs of further treatment that you would have to in case of relapses. In addition, less relapses mean less attacks on your immune system and therefore added strength to it.
Piles, fistula and fissures are anal diseases treatable with the help of Kshar Sutra (Ayurvedic) and BIEM (mechanized) procedures. Both these processes have high reliability and low side effects, and offer lasting cure – making them high return on investment (ROI) options for you to consider.
Anorectal conditions can affect people at any point of their life. Piles and anal fissure are two of the most common ano diseases. If you suffer from either of these disorders, the following are the known symptoms that you may be experiencing.
Symptoms of Piles
- Formation of a hard and painful lump near the anus. Some of these piles may have coagulated blood as well.
- Feeling full even after bowel movement
- Extreme pain during bowel movement
- Blood during stool
- Red and itchy anal region
- Faecal incontinence
How does Ayurveda treat Piles
Ayurveda does not follow a generalized treatment procedure. Instead, the treatment varies according to the dosha of the person affected. There are three doshas, namely, Pitta, Kapha and Vata. Ayurveda believes that the symptoms of a disease differ based on the different doshas that people belong to.
- Bhaishajya chikitsa- An Ayurvedic practitioner will prescribe specific natural remedies and medications based on your doshas to treat piles.
- Kshara- Herbal remedies may be directly applied at the lump. These herbs cauterize the lump and promote regeneration.
- Sastra chikitsa- A procedure known as kshar sutra may be recommended. In it a thread laced with herbal paste is tied to the piles. This thread is replaced after each week, till the condition subsides.
- Agnikarma- Piles that form on the external skin may be cauterized using heat.
Symptoms of Anal fissure
- A tear around the anus
- A small skin tissue next to the tear formation
- Sharp pain during bowel movement
- Blood in stools.
- Burning and itching
- Ayurvedic medication to ease constipation may be prescribed, so that stools are softened.
- Panchakarma treatment is also effective in most cases. Herbal oils and baths are used to cleanse the body of the toxins and reduce the fissure.
- Increasing the natural fibre derived from foods, will also help reduce constipation and manage anal fissure.
For any Ayurvedic remedy to work as advertised, you need to follow the practitioners advise and recommendations.
Anal fistula is a condition where a hole or tunnel is formed between the anal cavity and the skin around it. It usually follows an infection that did not heal properly. Here is a look at the causes of anal fistula.
Causes of Anal Fistula
- Inside the anal cavity, a number of glands release liquids. If for some reason, these glands are blocked, an infection ensues. Such an infection causes small pocket like spaces to be formed inside the anal cavity, also known as an abscess. With the increase in the size of abscess, the skin surrounding it may rupture, leading to the formation of tunnel connecting the anus and the surrounding skin.
- Tuberculosis may lead to anal fistula
- In rare cases, the condition can be sexually transmitted
- Ongoing conditions that affect the bowel may also cause anal fistula.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Anal Fistula-
In conventional forms of treatment, patients may be asked to undergo surgery to remove the tunnel-like formation. However, this should be last option, as simple lifestyle changes and Ayurvedic medications are often effective at reducing the abnormal condition. Additionally,
- Consuming food rich in fibre greatly helps. Since the disease is aggravated by constipation, dietary changes ensure that you will have soft and effortless bowel movement.
- Topical creams and lotions may be applied on site to reduce the discomfort from such a disease.
- If none of the previous methods shows positive results, a lateral sphincterotomy is used to treat the disease.
Ayurveda decides the treatment based on the affected person’s dosha. The three doshas, namely Pitta, Vata and Kapha have huge say on the remedy of anal fissure. Apart from the medications and treatment, patients must also make changes to their overall diet and lifestyle.
Your colon and rectum plays a vital role in the digestion process. Therefore, any disorder or disease affecting these regions is considered to be quite serious. Conventional medications are effective in treating such conditions, but they are fraught with side effects. Ayurveda is a much safer and convenient for of treatment for colorectal diseases. Here is a look at two of the most common complications affecting the colon and rectum.
- Ulcerative colitis: An inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) causes long-term swelling and ulcers inside the colon and rectum. It is a debilitating condition that can cause severe complication and may pose a threat to life as well. Even though there is no permanent cure, treatment is required to keep symptoms under control.
- Crohn’s Disease: Another form of IBD, the condition causes inflammation inside the digestive tract. It can lead to severe diarrhoea, stomach cramps, malnutrition or even weight loss. Conventional medications are unable to cure the condition completely, even though the symptoms can be managed.
Role of Ayurveda in treatment of colorectal conditions
Ayurvedic treatment relies on a system that classifies people into different doshas. There are three doshas, namely, Pitta, Vata and Kapha. If all of the three doshas are in perfect balance, a human being remains healthy. However, when a person’s Kapha properties are lost, it may aggravate the Pitta. This change causes the inflammation and the bleeding ulcers in the colon and rectum region.
Treatment mainly consists of powders, salts, alkalis and varieties of buttermilk may be prescribed under the Ayurvedic remedy. Apart from medications, therapies are also used in conjunction. Ayurveda targets the ulcers and balances the dosha. This not only treats the colorectal disease, but bolsters the entire immune system.
Lifestyle changes, such as diet and activities will also need to be adopted to maximize the results of Ayurveda.
Anal fissure is a condition that is caused when the skin surrounding the anus tears due to excessive strain. Generally, constipation causes the condition, as people have to put a lot of strain during bowel movements. Here is a look at some simple ways to prevent anal fissure.
Natural Ways to Prevent Anal Fissure-
Since the primary cause for anal fissure is constipation, the preventative methods involve reducing constipation.
- Increasing fibre content in the diet, with the help of fruits and vegetables can help against constipation.
- Staying hydrated and drinking plenty of fluids throughout the day, can also ease stool passage and make it softer.
- Avoid straining excessively during bowel movement.
- Avoiding spicy foods and chillies in the diet is vital, as such foods can aggravate the difficulty during defecation.
- Avoid eating excessive meat and non-vegetarian products.
- Drinking buttermilk can also provide relief from the constipation.
Ayurvedic Remedy for Anal Fissure-
Medications for the condition include both oral remedies, which deal with the underlying constipation, as well as topical medicines that can be applied at the site of the problem. Two main Ayurvedic treatment for anal fissure include-
- Kshar sutra ligation: In this specialized procedure, a string is attached around the affected region. However, before the string is tied, it is coated in a mixture of healing herbs and natural products. After the string is tied tightly, the benign tissue falls off after 5-10 days. The underlying tissue also gets repaired in a couple of weeks.
- Sitz bath: Another easy and effective Ayurvedic remedy for anal fissure is to fill warm water inside a tub. Add a splash of antiseptic liquid in the water and sit inside the tub in such a manner that the anus and buttocks remain submerged in the water. This treatment reduces the pain and discomfort associated with the diseases and keeps the anus hygienic.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!