Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Ayurvedas online in Agra. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajesh Upadhyay
Dr. Rajesh Upadhyay Kshar Sutra Clinic - Fistula In Ano Piles Heamorrhoids & Fissure In Ano TreatmentL.G.F. 20, Hera Plaza, Near Shree & Heera Talkies ByPass Road Bhagwan Talkies Area, Agra Get Directions
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Anal Fissure
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Treatment of Facial Pain
Pit And Fissure Sealant Procedure
Treatment of Fistula in Ano
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh UpadhyayYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Rajesh Upadhyay provides answers that are knowledgeable. sir what can i do i loss some wait also very pain suggest medicine and treatment
Your colon and rectum plays a vital role in the digestion process. Therefore, any disorder or disease affecting these regions is considered to be quite serious. Conventional medications are effective in treating such conditions, but they are fraught with side effects. Ayurveda is a much safer and convenient for of treatment for colorectal diseases. Here is a look at two of the most common complications affecting the colon and rectum.
- Ulcerative colitis: An inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) causes long-term swelling and ulcers inside the colon and rectum. It is a debilitating condition that can cause severe complication and may pose a threat to life as well. Even though there is no permanent cure, treatment is required to keep symptoms under control.
- Crohn’s Disease: Another form of IBD, the condition causes inflammation inside the digestive tract. It can lead to severe diarrhoea, stomach cramps, malnutrition or even weight loss. Conventional medications are unable to cure the condition completely, even though the symptoms can be managed.
Role of Ayurveda in treatment of colorectal conditions
Ayurvedic treatment relies on a system that classifies people into different doshas. There are three doshas, namely, Pitta, Vata and Kapha. If all of the three doshas are in perfect balance, a human being remains healthy. However, when a person’s Kapha properties are lost, it may aggravate the Pitta. This change causes the inflammation and the bleeding ulcers in the colon and rectum region.
Treatment mainly consists of powders, salts, alkalis and varieties of buttermilk may be prescribed under the Ayurvedic remedy. Apart from medications, therapies are also used in conjunction. Ayurveda targets the ulcers and balances the dosha. This not only treats the colorectal disease, but bolsters the entire immune system.
Lifestyle changes, such as diet and activities will also need to be adopted to maximize the results of Ayurveda.
Anal fissure is a condition that is caused when the skin surrounding the anus tears due to excessive strain. Generally, constipation causes the condition, as people have to put a lot of strain during bowel movements. Here is a look at some simple ways to prevent anal fissure.
Natural Ways to Prevent Anal Fissure-
Since the primary cause for anal fissure is constipation, the preventative methods involve reducing constipation.
- Increasing fibre content in the diet, with the help of fruits and vegetables can help against constipation.
- Staying hydrated and drinking plenty of fluids throughout the day, can also ease stool passage and make it softer.
- Avoid straining excessively during bowel movement.
- Avoiding spicy foods and chillies in the diet is vital, as such foods can aggravate the difficulty during defecation.
- Avoid eating excessive meat and non-vegetarian products.
- Drinking buttermilk can also provide relief from the constipation.
Ayurvedic Remedy for Anal Fissure-
Medications for the condition include both oral remedies, which deal with the underlying constipation, as well as topical medicines that can be applied at the site of the problem. Two main Ayurvedic treatment for anal fissure include-
- Kshar sutra ligation: In this specialized procedure, a string is attached around the affected region. However, before the string is tied, it is coated in a mixture of healing herbs and natural products. After the string is tied tightly, the benign tissue falls off after 5-10 days. The underlying tissue also gets repaired in a couple of weeks.
- Sitz bath: Another easy and effective Ayurvedic remedy for anal fissure is to fill warm water inside a tub. Add a splash of antiseptic liquid in the water and sit inside the tub in such a manner that the anus and buttocks remain submerged in the water. This treatment reduces the pain and discomfort associated with the diseases and keeps the anus hygienic.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!