Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Agra and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Puneet Agrawal
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Kidney Stones
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Hernia
Treatment of Hydrocele
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Anal Fissure
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Breast lumps
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Urine Stone
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Treatment of Stomach Doctor
Hernia Repair Surgery
Treatment of Hydrocele Hernia
Treatment of Breast Infection
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Puneet AgrawalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Puneet Agrawal to be very helpful. Thnks you sir ,i will contact you sir ,if i face this pblm further...
Dr. Puneet Agrawal provides answers that are very helpful. THANKS YOU SIR
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Puneet Agrawal to be very helpful, sensible, prompt, knowledgeable and practical. Thank u sir.. seems to me my habit of reading books and newspapers in the toilet has bitten me in the rear side.. will get it examined by a surgeon.. stapler procedure maybe
Dr. Puneet Agrawal provides answers that are very helpful, well-reasoned, professional, practical and caring. Yeah, I have met a surgeon. What precautions should I take in my eating habits? Thanks indeed.
Dr Puneet agrawal is a master piece.he operated my wife for gallbladder.He operyby laparoscope.I wish him good luck
Had stomach pain and discomfort. He was able to find the problem and give relief. Thank you
Pratik G Barot
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Puneet Agrawal to be very helpful. Thanks helpful
Dr. Puneet Agrawal provides answers that are caring and very helpful. Thank you sir
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Puneet Agrawal to be very helpful. Tq sir
Dr. Puneet Agrawal provides answers that are very helpful. thank you doctor sir
Dr. Puneet Agrawal provides answers that are knowledgeable. thank you
Dr. Puneet Agrawal provides answers that are knowledgeable. I
The production of gas in the body is a natural process as long as it is within normal limits. Whether it makes you burp or causes flatulence, excessive gas can be embarrassing. Gas can also make you uncomfortable and cause bloating. This is simply the buildup of excessive gas in the stomach before it is ready to be released. Here are a few simple tips that can help you prevent the buildup of excessive gas.
- Avoid eating gaseous foods: Beans, broccoli, milk, cheese and fruits like pears and apples; these are some of the foods to avoid if you suffer from frequent bouts of gaseousness. This is because they contain fiber and sugar that is difficult to digest and creates gas. If you cannot avoid them completely, try steaming them instead of frying or baking them. Some people may also react to certain food combinations such as fruits and proteins by producing gas. Keeping a food diary may help identify such combinations.
- Drink a glass of water before meals: Drinking water while you are eating can hinder digestion. When water mixes with solid food, it interferes with the way stomach acid breaks down food. Instead, drink a glass of water half an hour before your meals. In this way, the water flushes your system and prepares it for the digestion process.
- Eat slowly: Grabbing a bite on the go is one of the leading causes of indigestion. When you eat anything, ensure that you chew it properly and do not swallow large bites of food. This prevents air from collecting in your stomach and thus prevents gaseousness.
- Probiotics: Probiotics boost the production of ‘good gut bacteria’ that is essential for digestion. Probiotics can also help ease bloating. If you suffer from gas, try including probiotics like yogurt, pickles, kimchi and buttermilk in your diet or get yourself a probiotic supplement.
- A cup of chamomile tea: Chamomile not only calms the body but can also fight indigestion and gas. A cup of chamomile tea after a heavy meal helps speed up the digestion process. This helps relieve bloating, as the faster the stomach is emptied, the faster gas can move out of the stomach and into the intestines. Fennel, dill, peppermint and ginger can also be used as alternatives to chamomile.
- Digestive aids: Gas is a fairly common problem faced by a number of people and hence digestive aids are easily available over the counter. Look for medication that contains activated charcoal or digestive enzymes.
If gaseousness persists over a long period of time and is not eased by any of these remedies, consult a doctor at once.
Bloating isn't a medical condition. It doesn't necessarily mean that a person has eaten too much. It can be a case of eating wrong food which has not been digested by the body. Bloating occurs when air and water get trapped inside the stomach or intestine. As a result, the stomach gets swollen well past its normal level.
Culprits of bloating:Bloating can result from a number of cases. Fatty or junk foods are one of the biggest culprits of bloating. It hinders the digestion process and doesn't let the stomach empty on time. Carbohydrates too can cause bloating. Even carbonated drinks can play spoilsport. It creates bubbles in the stomach leading to indigestion and bloating. Some food items related to gas include cauliflower, lettuce, hard candy, beans, Brussels sprouts, broccoli etc. Apart from this, consumption of excessive junk food and soft drinks can lead to bloating.
Steps to avoid bloating: The best way to avoid bloating is to refrain from bloat causing foods as mentioned earlier. If you wear dentures, it should be ensured that it fits properly. There are instances when excess air gets inside the stomach due to an improper fixture of denture leading to bloating. Eating or drinking slowly is another good way of staying away from bloating. When you eat slowly, there are fewer chances of extra air getting inside the stomach. In the case of beverage consumption, avoiding the straw is a good idea. This way the unwanted air cannot make their way inside the tummy and play foul.
Taking a small walk after every meal is another good way of staying away from bloating. This way the gas inside the tummy cannot rise above the surface. The practice of calming technique such as yoga, deep breathing and meditation also goes a long way in giving relief from bloating.
- A cup of ginger, lemon and honey in a cup of hot water once everyday
- 1 cup of herbal peppermint tea freshly prepared in boiled water
- In the case of regular stomach bloating, intake of one caraway seed on a daily basis fetches immediate results
- Consumption of a cup of baked pumpkin twice a week
- Consumption of warm lemon water before you start your day is another good way of keeping bloating at bay.
Bloating can also be a symptom of other intestinal related problems as well. If the general method of control and measured diet doesn't suffice, it is time to visit a doctor to find the underlying cause of your problem. Doctors perform a series of tests to understand the problem and prescribe the required medicine to control or cure the problem.