Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Agra. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Healthy Heart Diet
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prashant SagarYour feedback matters!
I am having really chubby round cheeks due to which my face looks round. i am not overall fat but my face looks fat may be due to my eating habits. Please suggest me measures to cure this quickly. Thanks in advance doctor.
If you are looking to lose some flab, here are some simple tips to do that:
1. Eat slowly: Check your watch. Start eating. When you're done, check your watch again. How long did it take you? Our guess: not long enough. Your goal is at least 15 to 20 minutes per meal. You need that long in order to taste your food properly, and to let your body tell your brain that you're full. Put your utensils down between bites. Chew properly. Savour what you're eating. Enjoy it. Spend time with it. You'll enjoy food more, and get leaner.
2. Eat until you're '80% full': You eat until you're just satisfied. Until you're no longer physically hungry. Instead of 'stuffed' or 'full'. Don't get hung up on exactly what '80% full' is, or whether you're getting to '75%' or '88%'. Shoot for the general idea. Remember: eat s-l-o-w-l-y. Be patient with '80% full'. It takes practice. But once you get the hang of learning your physical (rather than your social or psychological) hunger cues, fat loss will be a cakewalk.
3. Get your 5 hours: Make them count. Sure, you could drill yourself into the ground with long, gut-busting workouts. But why? As we've proven, you can get great results with about 5 hours of exercise per week. The trick? Make those hours count. My suggestion:
1. 3 days a week, weight train for about 45 minutes.
2. 2 days a week any cardiovascular activity.
3. Do about 10 minutes of warm up and mobility work every day.
4. Fill in the rest of the time with 'active recovery': gentle, moderate movement such as walking, swimming, yoga, taking the stairs instead of the elevator, and just plain old 'stay moving'.
4. Sleep. Sleep changes your hormone balance and your recovery ability. This changes how your body responds to nutrients, exercise, and stress. The more sleep you get, the leaner you are. The less sleep you get, the fatter, weaker, and sicker you're eventually likely to be. At least 1-2 hours before bed, turn off the TV, computer, and cell phone. Darken the room. And get ready to sleep yourself lean.
5. Pay attention. If you're struggling to change bad habits, start by becoming aware of what you're doing, thinking, and feeling (both physically and emotionally). We call this noticing and naming. You can't change something if you're clueless. So tune in. Paying attention also makes your performance better. For example:
1. If you eat slowly and mindfully, conscious of every bite, you'll probably eat less but enjoy your food more.
2. If you train carefully, with a plan, you'll probably do your exercises correctly, with a clear focus, and stay uninjured.
3. If you notice what 'triggers' you into unwanted behaviours, you can 'break the chain' and choose a different path.
6. Forget 'willpower': Change your environment and your systems. And get social support. Willpower is a very limited and unreliable bank account. Never count on it. Instead, built an environment, a system, and a support network that helps you get to your goals.
1. If food is in your house, you'll eat it. So don't have that food in your house.
2. If your gym is horribly inconvenient, you won't go. So make it convenient, or buy some weights for home.
3. If you wait till you feel full of energy to work out, you'll never do it. So schedule it like an appointment.
7. Take action. But do ONE small thing at a time. Sure, we all love for the moment to 'change everything'. But it is not reality. Stop 'thinking' about change. Stop 'reading' about change. 'Do' change. Act Now. The only way to succeed at anything is to take action now - ONE small step at a time. Today, what is ONE, very, very small action you can do to move towards the change you want? What could you do in the next three minutes? Today? Do that one small thing. Check in each day and make sure you're doing it. Then, next week, do another very small thing. Only one. It's just that simple!
Related Tip: Know Eating Which Food Helps You Lose Weight?
My weight is 48. Kg. And. I m growing my weight but its grow. So what can I do for increase my body.
How to decrease the size of my hips? I am boy it is not easy for me to have big hips! So please suggest me.
I am diabetic and taking one pill of 500mg Metformin each, after lunch and dinner. To day after dinner I have consumed two pills of 500mg Metformin by mistake. I wish to know the effect of overdose and precautions to be taken.
I had bad fall 8 months ago in hospital for 2 months have TBI PTA 33 days. My blood pressure has recently got high 185/92 I was hypothyroid now hyper very depressed and gaining weight but my GP does nothing about it. What should I do.
Shoulder pain can be a persistent dull and nagging sensation in the upper arm or shoulder area. It can be easily differentiated from neck pain as it is related to the movement of shoulders i.e. it will increase and decrease with shoulder movements, especially overhead activities. The other signs to identify shoulder pain is if your shoulder movements are reduced.
If you find it difficult to scratch / wash your back, comb your hair or reach your back pocket, it clearly shows you are suffering from shoulder pain. Shoulder pain can happen due to various reasons, it varies from person to person depending on the activities he/she is involved in, for e.g. sports, manual job etc. It can be a single major injury or multiple small injuries due to repetitive usage patterns. Also, degenerative changes in various parts of the shoulder can lead to shoulder pain.
In case of middle to old age, injuries that can cause shoulder pain are:
- Biceps Tendonitis
- Acromio-clavicular Joint arthritis
- Scapular Dyskinesia
- Suprascapular nerve entrapment In young age, injury due to sports or gym activity can cause shoulder pain
- Superior labral anterior/posterior (SLAP tear)lesion
Also, traumatic or repeated dislocations of shoulder can cause shoulder pain due to:
- Bankart lesion
Diagnose Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain can be diagnosed only after thorough history taking and clinical examination. However, some imaging studies can be very helpful like:
- X-rays: Through an x-ray one can view the shoulder in many different views.
- Ultrasound: With an ultrasound, you can also check the damaged caused to the tendons and muscles of the shoulder but the quality of reporting depends upon the expertise of the doctor.
- MRI: MRI gives a clear picture of the shoulder as it shows everything related to a shoulder joint that is joints, vessels, tendons and muscles that too from different angles.
- Diagnostic Arthroscopy: A surgical procedure often used by orthopaedic surgeons to diagnose and treat issues inside a joint. Arthroscopy has the big advantage that one can use it to diagnose as well as treat at the same time.
Treatment for Various Types of Shoulder Pain
- For Shoulder Impingement or Rotator Cuff tear: Give rest to the shoulder for a few days only Dedicated Physiotherapy Protocol Bursal injections If these fail then, (Surgery)Arthroscopic sub-acromial decompression If Cuff tear is found, then one can go for Arthroscopic/Mini-open repair
- Labral Lesions: For anterior Labral lesions (Bankart's) following anterior shoulder dislocation then surgery in the form of Arthroscopic Bankart's repair is the only option to reduce risk of recurrence and degeneration.
- Pain relief and physiotherapy as first step If this fails then following surgical options are available
- Arthroscopic debridement or repair of labrum
- Biceps tenotomy or tenodesis
In this case, the joint is already destroyed and has to be resurfaced for pain relief and to maintain ROM. If Rotator cuff muscles are working, then Shoulder resurfacing hemiarthroplasty (preferred in young people), that has a life of 10 to 15 years, Total shoulder replacement (preferred in middle aged to old people) has a life of 10 to 15 years. But, if rotator cuff muscle are not working then Reverse Geometry Shoulder replacement is recommended, that has a life of 10 years.
It is always advisable to get yourself diagnosed properly in case of shoulder pain as management changes depending on clinical situations. Neglecting shoulder conditions can lead to bigger problems later on.
Always remember 'a stitch in time saves nine'
Is your partner pestering you to lose weight? Is constant fatigue and weakness a common complaint of yours? If yes, then it is time to knock those extra pounds off. Besides raising your self-esteem up by a few notches, it will also keep you fitter and healthier. Ayurveda is an age-old system of medicine that is holistic, natural and free from side-effects, unlike conventional treatment methods. Here are some tips that you may employ to keep your waist slick:
- Eat Healthy: Eating healthy does not only mean avoiding junk food; it also includes picking the right kind of healthy foods. So eat a well-balanced diet comprising of a mix of carbohydrates, fats and protein. Include plenty of vegetables in your diet as they contain little calories and are filled with antioxidants, which prevent free radical damage. Stay away from junk food as they contain hidden sugar and fats that could wreak havoc on your waistline.
- Get Moving: If you think exercise could be the last thing, prepare a new list wherein exercise enjoys the utmost priority. You can start your day with a 20 minute jog which will not only keep the kilos off but also improve your mood. Aim for 30-40 minutes of light exercise every day to burn the extra calories. If you have a sedentary job, then take frequent breaks to move about.
- Limit Liquor Consumption: Excessive consumption of alcoholic drinks, such as beer takes a toll on your waistline. It contains empty calories that are easily converted into fats by the body. So if you are going drinking with your friends, remember not to drink like a fish.
- Combat Stress: Stress can add to your weight as it can induce binge eating in some people. Practice relaxation techniques, such as meditation to bring down stress levels. You can also practice simple breathing techniques (pranayama and other breathing asanas) to help you relax.
Types of Ayurvedic Massages For Losing Weight
Ayurveda is a vast field and there are several techniques that are followed for Ayurvedic massage. It helps to burn excess fat and removes cellulite from under the layers of the skin.
Udvartana - It is the most widely used technique for toning and weight loss. This technique involves the combination of certain prescribed herbal powders along with oil and it is applied to the body. This technique helps build body strength along with accelerating fat loss. The trademark of this massage technique involves some specific movements and each session is recommended to continue for a span of about 45 minutes every day for visible results.
Advantages of Udvartana:
- Improves complexion and makes the skin look fairer
- Helps to burn unwanted excess fat and breaks down cellulite
- You will see reduction in body odour
- If you get a general feeling of heaviness, then this massage technique is recommended for you
- Circulation in the skin is improved
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
I am 29 years old married with 2 kids, working out 4-5 times a week. Whether milk is healthy diet for grown ups. Natural or packed milk.
Most often than not, cancer comes unannounced and rocks our world. While of late routine tests are being encouraged, it is advisable to keep a look out for symptoms which are commonly overlooked. Some of them are:
1. Peculiar back pain - it has been noticed that the first symptom for liver cancer in many cases is pain the back of the lower back side of the body. Back pain could also be a symptom for breast cancer, in cases where the tumour is pressing backwards, into the chest.
2. Unexplained nail marks - nails often reflect the condition of our health. If there is a sudden and unexplained change in the fingernails, like maybe a dot/a black mark or a brown mark under the nail, this could be a sign of lung cancer.
3. Sensitive skin patches - if there is a lump on the skin or a patch feels sore, is crusty or bleeds very easily then this could be a symptom of skin cancer. It is important to be aware of all changes in your skin, throughout the body.
4. Unexplained facial puffiness - if your face seems puffy, read or swelled, without any logical explanation, this could be a symptom.
5. Unusual menstruation - if you are having unusually heavy and painful periods, it is advisable to request for a transvaginal ultrasound as this could be a symptom of uterine cancer.
6. Changes in breast (s) - this is the most common change which women who have been diagnosed of breast cancer have reported. If the nipple is flattened, inverted or turned sideways, it could be a symptom for breast cancer. Also, if the breast feels read, sore or swollen, it could be a symptom.
7. Frequent stomach problems - frequent upset stomachs and cramps could be the symptom of colorectal cancer.
8. Unreasonable weight loss - if you are losing a lot of weight without even trying to, this could be an early sign of colon or any other digestive cancer. It could also mean that the cancer is spreading to the liver, if your appetite is getting affected.
9. Blood in stool - if there is blood in your stool, this could be a symptom of colorectal cancer and you need to go for a colonoscopy.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
As far as possible eat the whole fruit. Avoid converting it to juice. Fruits provide us antioxidants. When we eat a whole fruit the oxidation process takes place inside our body using oxygen. But if we cut the fruit into small pieces or make a juice out of it, oxidation takes place outside as it is exposed to oxygen in the air and we lose the valuable antioxidant property of fruits.
Is it good to have salty eatable with milk? If no, please provide reason and what should be significant gap between both items?
I am 40 years old and my morning fasting blood sugar reading ranges between 129 to 139 for the last 4 months. I didn't take any medicine yet. My blood uric acid levels are also high (almost 9), even when I am a pure vegetarian (not even eggs) for the last 15 years. I tried a bit of homeopathy medicine for a couple of months about 3 months before. Not much of a change. It brought down the fasting sugar reading from 139 to 129 and I discontinued that medicine. I don't take any sugar for tea or coffee. I have cut down on my sweets intake and also have changed to organic rice with brown husks and sometime to millet like horsetail millet. I dont drink alcohol. I drink only green tea. I also have ran a half marathon of 21 kms in less than three hours about 20 days ago. I feel tired after lunch and feel like my head is spinning and want to lied down and sleep and when I wake up after an hour, my head feels very heavy. My urine is always yellow (from slight to dark yellow. I married at the age of 38 and have a son of 1 year old. My Mom, my Sister, and my paternal Grandmother all have had diabetes. Is there any way that this sugar reading could be brought down to 100 by mere lifestyle changes and not by medicine. Has it occurred to anyone before. If you need any more information pertaining to my question please provide me with rightful answer Thank you.
I have watched many ads about people diet just because of their weight I want my self to be fit enough to face the future challenges please help me.
Have a good breakfast. Skipping breakfast particularly irritates sadhaka pitta, a subdosha of pitta. An imbalanced sadhaka pitta can result in irritability and unsettled emotions. According to ayurveda, it is recommended that fruits be eaten first thing in the morning, 30 minutes before other breakfast items such as hot cereal.