Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Agra. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Diksha GoswamiYour feedback matters!
Excess facial hair growth in a woman results from a condition known as the hirsutism. The growth in hair pattern is exactly similar to that of an adult male. Areas, where abnormal hair growth is visible, are chest, above the lips, etc. These hairs are dark, but fine in nature. They are more commonly known as peach fuzz.
There could be a number of reasons for excess facial hair in a woman:
- Genetic reasons: Women from the Indian sub-continent or Mediterranean region are more likely to have facial hair as compared to their American, European and East-Asian counterparts. One of the common reasons for facial hair growth is genetics. It is a trend that runs in the family, it is more likely that a woman will get it. There is not much that can be done in this case except managing the hair growth effectively.
- Imbalance of the hormone: Abnormal hormone production can lead to hirsutism. In many cases, there are conditions where female starts producing male hormones leading to abnormal hair growth in the face. One of the most common causes of facial hair growth is polycystic ovarian syndrome (POS). This again is a hormonal imbalance leading to facial hair growth. Even adrenal gland related disorders such as Cushing’s syndrome, Adrenal cancer and congenital adrenal hyperplasia can lead to excess hair.
- Medications: Certain medication can lead to excess hair growth in the face. For instance, the certain steroid such as anabolic can lead to excess hair growth. Minoxidil is also known to cause hirsutism if taken in excess of 1 ml per day. Other medication related to testosterone and cyclosporine can lead to excess facial hair in females. It is advised to follow the doctor’s advice before consuming any of these medicines.
- Androgens: Although androgen is a male hormone, it is present in minute quantities in women too. Facial hair increase is nothing, but the sudden increased production of androgen in a female. Even birth control pills can lead to an increased production of androgen in the body. In these cases, it is very important to seek medical advice.
Treatment and remedies:
One should get medical help at the earliest if one of these conditions matches their symptoms:
- The hair growth is sudden and abrupt.
- One witness male features such as increases muscle, acne and reduced breast size.
- Certain medication has led to the hair growth.
- Usage of shaving, plucking and depilatory cream
- Laser hair reduction procedure shows immediate results in stopping and countering any further hair growth.
- Electrolysis can be tried to permanently damage the follicles.
- Weight loss is another good solution to excess hair growth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi Doctor, My wife consecutively 2 times miscarriage Nov 2015 she got one miscarriage in 2nd month, due to bleeding. Last menses date is Feb 14 2016, 5th April 2016 again she confirmed pregnancy 2nd time, 16 April 2016 we went for checkup at time my wife explained to doctor she had light bleeding. We went for scanning after that doctor told us this time also she got miscarriage. We both are close relative 2011 we got married 2012 we got one boy kid without any problem now he is 4 year old. Kindly help us we need one more kid guide us what procedure we need to follow to avoid miscarriage. We are looking for your value.
My wife period was begin 3rd on this month from 7th to 14th we had unprotected sex so now she is suffering from hiccups so is it any sign of pregnancy or normal please suggest.
What are the chances of chemotherapy in breast cancer? How many cemo's are required in breast cancer max to max.
Hi. During my periods I only bleed for 2 days its been from 9 months after my marriage. Before I use to have 3-4 days but now it is 2 days. Flow is not good as well as I only ise 3 sanitary napkin nd thats all. Kindly help.
My wife's date is on 22 of the month. We had sex on 3 of the next month. Is there any possibility of getting pregnant. If yes then how to avoid. Kindly help.
I am 24 years old. I done with my hsg test last month Jan 7th Upto now bleeding was not stopped. It was 2 spots like that. Doctor suggested me to use ovral G tablets. Is that any serious? Past 10 days I am using that tablet still spotting not stopped. Can you please suggest me is that stopped or any serious will occur.
Hi, I feel my sex capacity is going down, earlier I can do two to three times in a day whereas now I am doing once in two to three days. I do not want to use drugs due to its side effects. Kindly suggest me.
if my time of ovulation is over then is it worth to have intercourse if you want a baby?please advice .
I am a seventeen year old girl. I have some kind of translucent secretion from my breasts. I have not found any kind of lump in both the breasts and it's not painful either. I was just wondering where the actual problem lies and how can I heal the condition?
I dint conceive once in2 years all my and my husband reports are normal v r try normally is it k or we need to take treatment.
1. Minimize outdoor activities when pollen counts are highest
“The most common spring-specific allergen is treepollen,” One of the best ways to avoid this is to minimize your activities outdoors when pollen counts are at their peak, typically in the early mornings. Warm, dry, and windy weather also contributes to higher pollen levels. With pollen counts varying day by day, it’s best to check online for local pollen levels before heading outside.
2. Protect your eyes when working outdoors
If you need to work outdoors, we recommend wearing goggles or sunglasses to protect your eyes. If you do get allergens in your eyes, flush them out with eye-drop antihistamines.
3. Wear a mask to avoid breathing in allergens
“Pollen is the most common cause of season allergies,” which makes spring and summer the most challenging time for allergy sufferers. Our noses act as filters and traps airborne substances like pollen. To avoid breathing in these allergens, I suggest wearing a mask while working in the garden or going for a hike.
4. Spring clean your home
Believe it or not, indoor air is more polluted than outdoor air, containing 10 times more pollutants. By spring cleaning your home for top to bottom, you can improve indoor air quality and reduce allergens. Decrease the number of surfaces where dust can collect (including getting rid of stuffed animals), swap out carpets for hard wood floor (if possible), and keep upholstered furniture to a minimum. I advice using a good vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter to remove allergens before they get kicked up in the air.
5. Invest in a HEPA filter for your air purifier
“Obtaining an air-conditioner or HEPA filter can keep pollen out of the home.HEPA filters, or High Efficiency Particulate Air filters, work by trapping small particles like pollen, pet dander, dust mites and tobacco smoke.
6. Create a dust-free bedroom
“Heavier allergens like dust tend to settle on surfaces or drop to the floor where a filter cannot trap it.Dust can contain triggers like mold, pet dander, and dust mites. If you have carpeting in your bedroom, vacuum at least two times a week—more if you have pets. And to avoid dust mites in the bedroom, “Encase your pillows, mattress, and box springs in dust mite proof covers. If you can’t wrap it up, wash it in hot water with some regularity. Keep the head of the bed uncluttered. Maintain a relative humidity of under 50%.”
7. Check the bathroom for mold
Household mold is one of the most common causes of allergies, including asthma. “Even if you don’t use that bathroom often, get rid of the mold. There are a number of cleaners that work. If they fail, there are professionals who will get rid of it.” Mold thrives in cold, damp areas. To keep mold at bay, ensure your bathroom has proper ventilation. Run the exhaust fan or leave the window open when taking a shower.