Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Agra. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Debashish SarkarYour feedback matters!
Iam 24 years old female I did not get periods inches month actually the date of my period is 22 bt still I did not get and also ididnt get any symtoum.
I have taken meprate tablets of about 5 days for delay in my periods. But still I don get my periods for about a week after that. What should I do?
Thyme herb belongs to the mint family. Apart from being a staple culinary ingredient, it is getting fast recognition for its medicinal benefits. Here are 13 topmost benefits of thyme -
1. Fights acne: When thyme is soaked in alcohol for several days, it turns tincture and attains antibacterial properties for fighting acne.
2. Lowers blood pressure: If thyme can be replaced with salt in foods, it will work effectively in lowering the heart rate.
3. Controls cough: Thyme oil mixed with ivy leaves is a wonderful natural remedy for cough, cold and even acute bronchitis.
4. Boosts immunity: Thyme comes loaded with nutrients like vitamin A, C, Manganese, Copper, Iron and fiber to help build body's immunity.
5. Helps in controlling pests: Thyme is added as a primary ingredient in many pesticides for controlling pests, virus and bacteria. Rub thyme leaves on your arms and legs and you will be safe from mosquito bites.
6. Improves mood: Thyme essential oil contains a substance called 'carvacrol'. This substance helps thyme in being used as an aromatic agent that renders many therapeutic uses.
7. Protects from cancer: Thyme extracts render protective effect on organs like colon and breast from cancer.
8. Treats yeast infection: Thyme essential oil can be applied over yeast infected areas (vagina and mouth) for quick relief.
9. Cures rheumatism: The diuretic properties of thyme oil can help in removal of toxins, which consequently improves the circulation and can cure rheumatism.
10. Strengthens cardiac muscles: Thyme has anti-spasmodic properties that make it eligible to be used for regulating the functioning of heart valves. It relieves heart from stress by smoothening veins and arteries.
11. Can help treat gas: Thyme is an effective carminative agent and can easily push gas downward for removal.
12. Uplifts low blood pressure: Thyme is a boon for those who often have plummeting blood pressure to save them from the sluggish lifestyle.
13. Kills virus: Thyme, in its various forms, holds immense antiviral potential and prevents the entry of the virus into the cell. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
My age is 14, female I have a problem with irregular periods, from six months my periods had stopped so help me
Hi, this is Dr Mangesh Chandewar, currently practising in Kharghar, Sector 20. I have done Post Graduation in Community Medicine. Today we are going to talk about the importance of family physician.
Why should one a family physician?
Because there are so many things we cannot discuss with the family members or friends or the relatives. So the person who has the right to tell you about your health, infections or any diseases, is your family physician. It will definitely help you to prevent serious illness as well as the extra money that is spent by the patients because of lack of knowledge. And, the family physician is important right from the birth till the death. Why? Because from the birth, what precautions to be taken, for example, vaccination of the baby at the appropriate age with the correct vaccination. The family physician is again important at the adolescent age because so many physiological changes occur at this age and the family cannot speak about it because of our alien culture; they are hesitant to talk with their son or their daughters. So, the physician plays a very important role.
And again when it is in a reproductive phase, there are so many changes, so many problems, often in females, regular periods and all. So, rather than discussing in family and hesitating to discuss in the family, one should discuss this with the family physician. He can guide you or she can guide at the regular intervals, and he can give you the advice and treatment required and consult to the appropriate specialist whenever required. So it will save your golden time as well as your money. Again, when it comes to the phase of marriages, means like, 18-21 up to 30, so, so many hormonal changes occur, so many decisions to take, whether it is conceiving, not conceiving, and so many financial issues and financial problems are there which can be shared with the family physician.
At the elderly age, so many changes again like simple joint pains and all where we visit so many doctors but we do not get the right person to tell us whom should we visit and what should we do. So the family physician has an important role; he can give you home visits as well as he can guide you the right specialist at the right time. And at the end, if you have your own family physician, right from the birth till the end of the life, he can suggest, help you with chronic illnesses in the post-elderly phase and suppose when you are a regular patient of your family physician, he knows everything about your family and if anything serious happens in the family, say for the death of a patient, he is the person, he will help you in giving the death certificate as well.
So our aim is to identify a good family physician, who is a good family physician, just follow what he says with the faith and complete the course of the medicines and follow the advices suggested by him.
For more details and any information regarding the topic discussed, you can contact me through Lybrate.com.
I have a period disorder from long time take they r not come on time what should I do to make them properly.
My wife period stopped last two years. But she has the problem that always sweeping. Is there any problem for the body. We need to take the medicine. Please advise me to further treatment if we need.
शतावरी के फायदे
- आयुर्वेद में लंबे समय से किया जा रहा है शतावरी का इस्तेमाल।
- एक या दो इंच तक का हो सकता है शतावरी का पौधा।
- नींद न आने की कारगर औषधि है शतावरी।
- खांसी के लिए भी किया जाता है शतावरी का प्रयोग।
शतावरी बहुत पहले से महत्वपूर्ण औषधि के रूप में प्रयोग की जा रही है। इसका प्रयोग कई प्रकार के रोगों में किया जाता है। शतावरी झाड़ीनुमा पौधा होता है जिसमें फूल व मंजरियां एक व दो इंच लंबे या गुच्छे में लगे होते हैं। शतावरी को शुक्रजनन, शीतल, मधुर एवं दिव्य रसायन माना जाता है।
Benefits of shatavari
कैंसर के मरीजों के लिए यह बहुत ही कारगर औषधि है। नींद न आने की समस्या, खांसी, सिरदर्द, आदि के लिए यह बहुत फायदेमंद है। आइए हम आपको बताते हैं कि शतावरी के अन्य गुणों के बारे में।
शतावरी के गुण कैंसर के लिए
शतावरी में एंटी-ऑक्सीडेंट होता है, जो कि कैंसररोधी है। इसके अलावा शतावरी में विटामिन ए, बी, सी, पोटैशियम और जिंक पाया जाता है। इसमें हिस्टोन नामक प्रोटीन पाया जाता है जो कि कैंसर के उपचार में योगदान देते हैं।
खांसी के लिए
अडूसे का रस, शतावरी का रस और मिश्री मिलाकर चाटने या तीनों को मिलाकर चूर्ण बनाकर खाने से खांसी समाप्त हो जाती है। सूखी खांसी के लिए यह बहुत फायदेमंद है। कफ में खून आने की बीमारी में भी शतावरी खाने से लाभ होता है।
शक्तिवर्द्धन के लिए
शतावरी के चूर्ण को दूध में डाल कर बनाई खीर या पाक बना कर खाने से पुरूषों में यौन शक्ति बढ़ती है।
अनिद्रा के लिए
अनिद्रा के शिकार लोगों के लिए शतावरी बहुत ही फायदेमंद है। शतावरी का पांच से दस ग्राम चूर्ण, 10-15 ग्राम घी तथा दूध में डालकर नींद न आने की समस्या समाप्त हो जाएगी।
बुखार के लिए
ज्वर होने पर शतावरी और गिलोय का रस गुड़ में मिलाकर लेने से फायदा होता है। शतावरी से सामान्य और तेज दोनों प्रकार के बुखार में फायदा होता है।
सिरदर्द के लिए
माइग्रेन जैसे सिरदर्द के लिए शतावरी बहुत कारगर औषधि है। शतावरी को कूट कर रस निकाल लीजिए। बराबर हिस्सों में शतावरी का रस और तिल का तेल मिलाकर सिर पर मालिश करने से सिरदर्द होना बंद हो जाता है। इससे आधाशीशी रोग में आराम मिलता है।
खूनी दस्त आने पर
गीली शतावरी पीसकर दूध में मिला लीजिए, फिर कपड़े से छान कर या रस में घी मिलाकर पका लीजिए। खूनी दस्त आने पर इसका इस्तेमाल कीजिए, आराम मिलेगा।
शतावरी बहुत ही फायदेमंद पौधा है। इसे सामान्य दिनों में भी प्रयोग करने से कई प्रकार के सामान्य रोग भी नही होते हैं। सामान्य दिनों में प्रयोग करने के लिए, 4-5 मिनट पानी में उबालकर मिक्सर से फेंट दीजिए। इसे फ्रिज में रखिए और दो-दो चम्मच सुबह शाम प्रयोग कीजिए।
Irregular periods madam not coming of seventh month breastfeeding coming in those days too much stomach pain also madam.
I want to know my girlfriend was pregnant because she missed here periods last 1 week and we checked home pregnancy test with pregnancy test card but result was negative what was the problem with her.
The body has multiple chemicals called hormones, which regulate many of its functions. Increased or decreased levels of these hormones affect various functions including metabolism, growth and sexual functions. Thyroxin produced by the thyroid (situated in the front of the neck) is one such hormone, which has a significant role to play in metabolism.
Graves’ disease is one of the main causes of hyperthyroidism, where there is excessive production of thyroid hormones. Graves’ disease is an autoimmune disorder, wherein the body reacts against its own tissues. It is very common in women than men, especially after 20 years of age. Family history also has a strong correlation in developing Graves’ disease. The high levels of thyroid hormone increase the rate of metabolism, thereby altering weight, mental energy levels, physical stamina, and also mood.
Thyroid hormone is related to metabolism and more amount of it lead to higher metabolism. This causes the following symptoms.
- Intolerance to heat
- Excessive sweating
- Nervousness and anxiety
- Inability sleep, as the mind is always excited
- Increased appetite (sometimes despite weight loss) due to higher metabolism
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Palpitations (rapid, loud heartbeat)
- Irregular heartbeats (tachyarrhythmia)
- Fine tremors of the extended arms
- Breast enlargement in men, known as gynecomastia
- Extreme moodiness, causing irritability and anger
- Inability to focus and concentrate
- General fatigue and shortness of breath with any exertion
- Increased frequency of bowel movements
In addition, the eye symptoms are quite diagnostic including:
- Protrusion of the eyes (exophthalmos), giving an impression that they are going to fall out
- Double vision
- Excessive tearing
- Increased irritation in the eyes
Diagnosis: The first symptom would be the presence of an enlarged thyroid gland (front of the neck above the collarbone), and the some of the above symptoms would be present.
In addition, tests to check for thyroid gland functioning including T3 and T4 levels would reveal increased amounts of hormone in the blood stream.
As a confirmatory test, the radioactive iodine uptake test also is done, which will indicate increased uptake by the thyroid gland. This indicates that the gland is functioning at an increased pace and requires additional iodine for the production of thyroid hormones.
Treatment: There are two approaches to it, one to control the symptoms and the other to control the thyroid gland per se.
- Beta blockers are very useful in controlling rapid heart rate and anxiety.
- Prednisone may be used to control eye irritation and swelling
- Antithyroid drugs are used to control the production of thyroid
- Radioactive iodine is given orally to control excessive thyroid production
- In severe cases, thyroid gland may be surgically removed partially or completely
Graves’ disease is not life-threatening and once symptoms are controlled, the patient’s quality of life improves drastically. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a endocrinologist.
Hormonal imbalance is very common in women who are about to reach their menopause. The setting of menopause can lead to a variety of symptoms like moodiness and depression to hot flashes, insomnia and vaginal dryness. Homeopathy has remedies which are very helpful in relieving the symptoms of menopause, when chosen for an individual as per their history. Homeopathy stimulates the person's healing response to a certain stimulus, allowing the person to heal on their own.
Here are a few homeopathic remedies:
- Pulsatilla: this is for women who are mild, sensitive and weep very easily during the perimenopause stage. These women might whine when unhappy and are very depressed and sad. The women who need this medication prefer company, companionship and support. She is often uncomfortable and warm in hot rooms especially while experiencing hot flashes. The remedy is helpful in cases of insomnia and empty nest syndrome, a syndrome when children leave home. This often coincides with change in a woman's life. Pulsatilla is very helpful for hormonal imbalance including during the menstrual cycle and peri-menopause phase.
- Cimicifuga: this is recommended for those women who suffer from severe headaches during perimenopause. The headaches are characterized by a pain in the right side of the neck, which often extends to the right shoulder. This remedy is also helpful in women who feel disappointed and trapped in their lives. Some women who have a feeling of being caged and surrounded by dark clouds also benefit from this. It is considered to be a perfect remedy for many women who experience hormonal changes at the menopausal stage of their lives.
- Sepia: this remedy is especially helpful for perimenopause and hormonal imbalances. This is helpful in women who feel exhausted and chilly. Sometimes a woman might develop an aversion to her family members especially the children and does not want to care for them. Sepia is known to help women overcome these feelings, enables them to reestablish stability and balances hormones. Some women also get a feeling that their inside are bearing out and get a sensation that their uterus and vagina might fall. This feeling and sensation is eliminated by sepia. Sepia is also helpful for the host flashes, dryness, vaginal irritation and moodiness during this phase of their life.
- Lachesis: this is indicated in the perimenopausal and menopausal symptoms like the night sweats and hot flashes. This remedy is capable to provide a relief from the occipital headaches associated with the changing hormones. Women who need lachesis might be witty, loquacious, nasty, crib and complain about the body pains which are more significant on the left side, like the left ovary discomfort. This remedy also relieves insomnia and depression related with the hormonal swings. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathic doctor and ask a free question.