Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Agra. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Abhishek GuptaYour feedback matters!
I fallen down from top having chest pain continuously. Now that's pain gone to back. What I have to do?
I am 32 year old I had injury at paella bone 2 days back. Xray was normal. Still I have knee pain. What to do?
I have knee aches for many months I have tried many remedies involving allopathy and ayurveda but in vain Please suggest some tips so that my knee aches recover soon.
AM havng pain in my buttocks upper side. M not able to sit because of this pain is somethng getting wrong with me. AM afraid of it. please suggest me why am having dis pain m 18 years girl.
Heel pain in the morning during first wake up for female aged 42 years any medicine including Ayurveda is expected please advice.
I have pain in my back bone till last months. Some time it will get slowly some time get very fast pain. Almost in mornings time.
Sir my right hand solder fracture 4 month before but now my shoulder in pain. So, Please tell me what should i do?
I have a bulging of disc problem in my lower back. I am doing hot fomentation from last couple of days Is it good to do hot fomentation? Or I should do cold fomentation? Or I Should not do fomentation at all.
I am 64 years old. A diabetic for more than 10 yrs, but under control with medicines. Latest HBA1C is 6.3During the last two months, I feel pain in myright hand -between shoulder and knee- and also in the shoulder whenever I lift the hand or turn it. With muscle relaxant tablets and/or with ointment massage (moov or Himami) I get relief considerably. But the discomfort returns from time to time. Can you kindly advice on further course?
I have spin problem at middle region and left side hip pain while walking I feel senseless in left leg and left hand. No proper digestion .please advice thanks and regards
Sir, I am around 28 yrs old and I have problem that I was able to seat for some few minutes I always got lots of pain in my leg and even unable to walk for some hours around 5-6 hours sometimes. I feel save only while sitting on high chair it feels good to me. Due to the sickness sir I was becoming thinner and thinner these days. Please help me sir. I'll be really grateful with you sir.
I am 32 years old I have right shoulder pain I can't lift more then 3kgs object then what should I do?
I am 28 years old, my weight is 75 kgs and height is 5'5. Every morning when I wake up, I sense allot of pain in my lower back. The pain is only there for few min, but it happens every morning. I sleep on a thick mattress made of foam, and I generally sleep straight. Can you help me out.
Shoulder pain can be a persistent dull and nagging sensation in the upper arm or shoulder area. It can be easily differentiated from neck pain as it is related to the movement of shoulders i.e. it will increase and decrease with shoulder movements, especially overhead activities. The other signs to identify shoulder pain is if your shoulder movements are reduced.
If you find it difficult to scratch / wash your back, comb your hair or reach your back pocket, it clearly shows you are suffering from shoulder pain. Shoulder pain can happen due to various reasons, it varies from person to person depending on the activities he/she is involved in, for e.g. sports, manual job etc. It can be a single major injury or multiple small injuries due to repetitive usage patterns. Also, degenerative changes in various parts of the shoulder can lead to shoulder pain.
In case of middle to old age, injuries that can cause shoulder pain are:
- Biceps Tendonitis
- Acromio-clavicular Joint arthritis
- Scapular Dyskinesia
- Suprascapular nerve entrapment In young age, injury due to sports or gym activity can cause shoulder pain
- Superior labral anterior/posterior (SLAP tear)lesion
Also, traumatic or repeated dislocations of shoulder can cause shoulder pain due to:
- Bankart lesion
Diagnose Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain can be diagnosed only after thorough history taking and clinical examination. However, some imaging studies can be very helpful like:
- X-rays: Through an x-ray one can view the shoulder in many different views.
- Ultrasound: With an ultrasound, you can also check the damaged caused to the tendons and muscles of the shoulder but the quality of reporting depends upon the expertise of the doctor.
- MRI: MRI gives a clear picture of the shoulder as it shows everything related to a shoulder joint that is joints, vessels, tendons and muscles that too from different angles.
- Diagnostic Arthroscopy: A surgical procedure often used by orthopaedic surgeons to diagnose and treat issues inside a joint. Arthroscopy has the big advantage that one can use it to diagnose as well as treat at the same time.
Treatment for Various Types of Shoulder Pain
- For Shoulder Impingement or Rotator Cuff tear: Give rest to the shoulder for a few days only Dedicated Physiotherapy Protocol Bursal injections If these fail then, (Surgery)Arthroscopic sub-acromial decompression If Cuff tear is found, then one can go for Arthroscopic/Mini-open repair
- Labral Lesions: For anterior Labral lesions (Bankart's) following anterior shoulder dislocation then surgery in the form of Arthroscopic Bankart's repair is the only option to reduce risk of recurrence and degeneration.
- Pain relief and physiotherapy as first step If this fails then following surgical options are available
- Arthroscopic debridement or repair of labrum
- Biceps tenotomy or tenodesis
In this case, the joint is already destroyed and has to be resurfaced for pain relief and to maintain ROM. If Rotator cuff muscles are working, then Shoulder resurfacing hemiarthroplasty (preferred in young people), that has a life of 10 to 15 years, Total shoulder replacement (preferred in middle aged to old people) has a life of 10 to 15 years. But, if rotator cuff muscle are not working then Reverse Geometry Shoulder replacement is recommended, that has a life of 10 years.
It is always advisable to get yourself diagnosed properly in case of shoulder pain as management changes depending on clinical situations. Neglecting shoulder conditions can lead to bigger problems later on.
Always remember 'a stitch in time saves nine'