Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Agra and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abhay Goel
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Abhay GoelYour feedback matters!
Spine / backbone / vertebral column is made of 33 individual bones (vertebrae) stacked one on top of the other with intervertebral disc, tendons, ligaments, spinal nerves, muscles to provide main support to the body to allow it to stand upright.
Adult spine has natural "S" shape with 33 number of vertebrates.
1) Cervical spine (neck) = 7
2) Thoracic spine (mid back) =12
3) Lumbar spine (lower back) =5
4) Sacrum coccyx (tail) = 9
Today, cervical - lumbar spine problems have become part of life due to lifestyle.
The time tested complete treatment; cure for spinal problems is in AYURVEDIC THERAPY MEDICINES.
- medicated oil massage steam relieves muscle spasm,stiffness, pain
- medicated oil massage increases the blood flow / circulation to that area which helps in healing and maintaining proper tone of muscles
- medicated steam open the pores so that oil gets deeper to joint articulation to provide lubrication
- steam also helps to detoxify in results to make it feel light free to move
In KATI BASTI / MANYA BASTI oil helps to accumulate osteophytes (tiny bone particles like chalk dust) together .
According to Ayurvedic principles it reduces the VATA in the joint as well in body which is responsible for degeneration, pain, deterioration.
My mother is suffering from spondylitis. Daily she suffer any problem. Someday she suffers a severe headache, someday a severe dizziness and today an intense pain in her back. Her shoulder and neck is very paining. She is unable to move her hands, sneeze.(Unke nus chad gai hai.) Please help. How to cure all this.
I am 23 old I have back pain and my stomach always gets upset in a day 3-4 time I go toilet. And my health not improveing how much ever I eat please tell me what should I do. Really I do feel weakness in me. Thank you please suggest me. I am married.
I am 30 year old man I have left shoulder pain problem last two days what should I do please tell me doctor.
I am 27 yrs old male. When I am swallowing something a sharp pain occurs in rhomboid muscles area. Also when I stretch my neck or press my throat area pain occurs near shoulder blade area. This problem is happening with me for last 1 monthbut from last three days it has increased a lot. Not ableto eat food or sleep properly.
Back problems are no longer restricted to people above a certain age. With today’s fast paced and sedentary lifestyle, spine related disorders have become very common. In fact, a lot of youngsters nowadays are being diagnosed with slipped discs, which can be very painful if not attended to immediately.
Slipped disc or herniated disc is a condition of the lumbar region of our back. It occurs when the tissue cushioning our vertebrae in the lower region is ruptured. It causes intense pain as the fluid that comes out of the ruptures vertebrae that irritates the nerve endings in the area.
If not treated, it may aggravate and have to be resolved through surgery. However, if checked in time, exercise and oral medication can help you overcome this problem. There are certain medications available in the market that can be taken after consulting a doctor.
Here are a few tips that might come handy if you suffer from slipped disc:
- Hot/ cold compresses: To alleviate the pain caused by the herniated disc, you can use hot or cold compresses on the lower back, in consultation with your doctor. Cold pack will help you to bring down swelling in the area while warm compresses are useful for relaxing tense muscles. Remember, none of these packs should be used directly on the skin, but should be wrapped in a towel before use.
- Exercise: Even if it sounds preposterous to some, exercise is one of the most effective ways to combat the problem of slipped disc. It may be slightly painful, but if done slowly and steadily, it can give you great results. As per your doctor’s recommendations, you can indulge in swimming, yoga, biking or walking. Pelvic tilts and butt squeezes are effective as well. However, avoid lifting weights or any other exercise that puts pressure on the back.
- OTC medication: Your orthopaedic may prescribe some over the counter drugs to relieve inflammation and pain caused due to the herniated disk. However, refrain from long term use of analgesic medicines as they may cause side effects, such as stomach ulcers or problems in the kidney or liver.
- Alternative treatments: Holistic treatments, such as acupuncture, acupressure, nutritional and supplements too are some methods to get rid of the pain associated with slipped disks. However, the effectiveness of such methods is debatable.
- Time: Time is a great healer and especially conditions, such as slipped discs should not be rushed, as it can cause more harm than good. The right amount of rest, exercise and medication, along with a few lifestyle changes will ensure that you return to your normal self soon enough!