Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Vadodara and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Himanshu Shah
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Himanshu ShahYour feedback matters!
Sports injuries can occur in children if proper precautions are not taken. A proper warm up before exercise followed by stretching helps in easing muscular stress and thus preventing injuries. It is important to supervise children when they are engaging in physical exercise or sports.
The tips to prevent sports injuries in children are:
- Talk to them: A child may experience pain but may not show it, so it is important to encourage them to speak up when they experience pain. Most sports-related injuries in kids can be prevented by early intervention.
- Preseason physical: It is important to get a preseason physical to determine your child's fitness. This can help determine if the child is fit to play and thus consequently, minimizing the risk of injuries.
- A proper warm-up: You should emphasize on the importance of a proper warm-up to your child. Make sure your child performs a mix of dynamic and static stretches to warm up before playing. It will raise the heart rate and increase blood flow thus making him ready to play.
- Cross training: Children should cross train with multiple sports, as playing one sport for a long time may stress the joints. This is done to prevent overuse of muscles and prevent boredom.
- Well hydrated: Make sure your child is well hydrated as an excessive fluid loss may result in fatigue and vomiting. Playing sports in summer can result in fluid loss through sweating and therefore needs to be replenished in order to prevent further complications.
- Follow proper techniques: It is important to observe that your child is following proper techniques while playing a sport. Disregarding the guidelines can result in injury.
- Proper diet: A proper nutritious diet is recommended to make sure that your child is getting all his necessary minerals and vitamins. It allows the child to become fitter and less prone to injuries. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
My ancul is suffering from knee pain whenever he climb stairs he suffer from knee pain. So what to do for this problem.
Arthritis is a very painful disease. It restricts you from doing a lot of the activities you would love to engage in. However, there are steps you could take to reduce the chances of it happening to you.
Here are some of them:
1. Take Omega-3 fatty acids
Research proves that the regular consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids, present in fish, result in decreased risks of rheumatoid arthritis. Omega-3 fatty acids are also found in foods such as olive oil and walnuts.
2. Take Vitamins and olive oil
Vitamins are crucial, especially A, C and D. Vitamin A can be found in carrots. Vitamin D can yet again be found in fish while Vitamin C can be found in strawberries, mangoes, pineapples and oranges. Olive oil is also useful because it contains polyphenols which reduce the chances of developing arthritis.
4. Avoid injury
Although this is very hard to do sometimes, avoiding injuries do reduce your chances of getting arthritis.
5. Control your weight
This is very important, especially for your knees. It has been proven by researchers at Johns Hopkins University that if you are 10 kg overweight, then 30 to 60 extra kilograms of weight fall on your knees.
Strengthening your muscles around your joint decrease the pressure on the joint. If there is less pressure on the joint, then the chances of arthritis are reduced. The best way to decrease pressure on the joint and strengthen your muscles is to exercise.
Dear sir/mam I am suffering from very much pain in my foot due to jogging. I think it is shin pain but it feel in my bone not in shin muscle. when I stop after running it becomes hard to take steps. This pain is not causing in my muscle but in my bone .so I request you to send me some effective cure or oil to be massage for this.
I have more pains of legs I. E. Only below the n Knee. I am going walking daily for 45 min to 1hr in morning.
I have had blood test all clear with everything. I am 50. I get swelling in my ankles only during the day and ok when I wake up please suggest home remedy or medicine. Will homeopathic help me. My weight is 53 kg.
Hi that's vishnu I gotta Shoulder pain once I got pain I stop doing workout for more then 5 weeks, still the pain is there but not like earlier stage, what's best pill for recover please help me out I wanna start my workout, thank you.
What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems?
From middle age many women are affected by a disorder called osteoporosis. This is essentially a mineral deficiency disorder.During and after menopause, there is a significant and continuing deficiency in calcium replacement which must in many cases be supplemented with calcium tablets on a regular basis. As a consequence of calcium deficiency, there is a weakening of bone structure resulting in a slow but progressive reduction in bone height. This in turn allows the postures of those affected to become extremely rounded, especially in the mid or thoracic part of the spine.In persons affected by this disorder there are risks of fractures occurring without any significant forces being applied to the bones of the vertebrae. Research conducted at the Mayo Clinic in the United States has demonstrated that extension exercises performed regularly had significantly reduced the number of compression fractures in the group exercising in this manner. A similar group exercising differently and a group not exercising at all had significantly more fractures when examined at least one year later. This study suggests that women from perhaps the age of forty onward should practice this exercise as described on a regular basis.My own recommendation would be that the exercise should be performed fifteen to twenty times, four or five times per week. If you are uncertain regarding this advice, discuss the matter with your doctor before commencing the programme. Should you have difficulties with the exercises for one reason or another, you should consult a manipulative therapist who will show you means of modifying the exercise without necessarily reducing its effectiveness.The muscles strengthened by performing the exercises recommended by the Mayo Clinic study are also the muscles responsible for holding you upright, and it is probable that maintaining good posture at all times will assist in the strengthening process. This may also reduce the likelihood of small fractures occurring.