A happy gut starts with a healthy diet. A balanced diet can help to prevent or manage gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), fatigue, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), chronic constipation, cardiac disease, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, migraines, leaky gut syndrome and more.
Here are some basic ways to take care of your gut:
- Drink plenty of water and stay well hydrated.
- Eat high-fibre foods, like fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Include probiotics in diet, eat fermented foods such as yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut, etc.
- Focus your diet on vegetables, fruits, lean proteins and low fat dairy products.
- Exercise daily. Incorporating physical activity into your daily life improves fitness, as well as contributes to microbiota balance.
- Manage your stress. Try Yoga.
- Avoid processed, fried, junk and refined food.
- Skip the bad habits: smoking, excessive caffeine, and alcohol.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult a specialist
& get answers to your questions!