Panchakarma is a therapeutic treatment to clean your mind and body. It includes five treatments to remove toxins from your body. Panchakarma reduces stress, cleanses, rejuvenates and helps to restore the balance of your body and mind.
The five steps of treatment in the panchakarma therapy are Vamana, Virechana, Nasya, Basti and Raktamokshana.
- Vamana: Vamana helps to remove the 'kapha' toxins from your body. It cleanses the respiratory tract. Vamana helps in treating asthma, cough, anemia, nasal congestion and obesity.
- Virechana: Virechana eliminates the 'Pitta' toxins from the body. It helps to clean the liver and gallbladder of your body. It helps to treat diseases like piles, acidity, constipation and digestive disorder.
- Nasya: Nasya removes 'kapha' toxins from the head and neck region through the nose. It treats throat diseases, headaches, migraines and improves memory and eyesight.
- Basti: Basti is the most important treatment. It cleans almost all the toxins from the body and heals most of the diseases. The cleaning is conducted through the urinary or anal channel.
- Raktamokshana: Raktamokshana is a treatment advised only for few people according to their conditions and needs. It is a process through which the impure blood is taken out of the body.
Other than healing specific diseases, Panchakarma also has other benefits, such as -
- Balancing your complete body system
- Increasing your physical and mental capabilities
- Increasing your energy level
- Also improves your skin complexion and helps to lose excess weight.
- Improves the condition of your joints and increases flexibility.
While undergoing the Panchakarma treatment, it is expected that the person will maintain a specific diet also. Your diet must include plenty of water, fruits, vegetables, light food and herbal tea. You should strictly avoid caffeine. Panchakarma is a very effective treatment and at the same time, is harmless.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert
& get answers to your questions!