Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome is a reproductive disorder among women which is directly related to the ovaries. This usually occurs after using injectable hormone regulating medications that are used to treat infertility.
Occasionally this disease might also happen on its own and without the use of infertility related medications.
The most common symptoms of this disorder usually being after a considerable time period of 10 days on an average and not immediately after you have injected the above mentioned medications. The symptoms of this disease differ based on the intensity and chronicity of the disorder and based on this criteria they are categorized as follows.
Mild to moderate
The mild form of this disorder is less severe in nature and it usually goes away or surpasses within a week's time. If your condition is lasting for more than a week then it may be a case of severe form of the disease. Periodic abdominal pain, which is very mild in nature and might come and go at intervals
1. Increased waist size and abnormal abdominal bloating
4. Swelling and tenderness on the area surrounding your ovaries
The severe form of this condition can be identified if the disorder lasts for more than a week. The most common symptoms of this condition are enlisted below.
1. Abnormal weight gain which is serious and rapid in nature
2. Urine emissions become darker than usual
3. Abrupt shortness of breath
4. Being dizzy or unconscious
5. Tightness or enlargement of the abdominal area
6. Chronic and long lasting nausea and vomiting
7. Persistent abdominal pain