Hot Lemon Water - How Beneficial Is It?
85% (10 ratings)
Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
8 years experience
Ask any health conscious person for health hacks and one of the things they would mention is to begin the day with a glass of warm lime water. Those who have tried this have realized the benefits and therefore, the number of people who believe in this has gone up significantly in the last few years. If you are wondering what this magical liquid does, read on to know more.
- Digestive benefits - The food that we eat passes through the food pipe. When waking up after sleep, it is a good break of about 8 hours from the last meal. There could be remnants of food along the food pipe, and drinking warm water flushes out this and renders the food pipe clean for today’s meal. Warm water just helps in removing oiliness, which is quite likely with most people’s food habits.
- Improves immunity - The vitamin C and potassium in the lemon work wonders for the immunity. Also, because it is consumed on an empty stomach, the absorption is better, and the body derives almost complete benefit from these.
- Weight loss aid - Promoted as one of the best weight loss aids, hot lime water boosts metabolism and allows the body to burn fat, thereby helping in weight control. Combined with other weight loss measures, it definitely can help you lose weight.
- Glowing skin - The vitamin C in the lime is essential for collagen formation, and so helps keep the skin radiant. Also, hydration is one of the key skin care essentials, and drinking warm water in the morning flushes out toxins and keeps the skin glowing and clear.
- Lively liver - The liver is the center of metabolism and drinking warm water in the morning helps keep the liver clean. The liver is active through the night and so drinking warm water in the morning helps restore the energy. This, in turn, boosts the proper flow of lymph and bile in the body.
- Promotes healing - For those who have had injuries, vitamin C in the lemon helps the production of collagen and heals wounds. It improves connective tissue formation including cartilage and bones.
- Mood enhancer - The smell of lemon juice is believed to uplift the mood, so this is one of the best ways to start your day. It reduces anxiety and depression and clears the mind of confusion.
- pH balance - The ascorbic and citric acid in the lime are easily digested and the result is an alkaline environment. Body diseases occur when the body pH is acidic. By keeping the environment alkaline, lime reduces the overall chances of body illness.
All these factors show the health benefits of warm lime water. Therefore, you must begin your day with a glass of it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert
& get answers to your questions!
found this helpful