Introduction:- it is an intestinal infection marked by watery diarrhea, abdominal cramps, nausea or vomiting, and sometimes fever. It can be either caused by viral or bacterial infections.
There are many ways gastroenteritis can be spread:
- contact with someone who has the virus.
- contaminated food or water.
- unwashed hands after going to the bathroom or changing a diaper.
The most common virus which causes gastroenteritis is rotavirus and norovirus. Coli and salmonella are most common bacteria causing gastroenteritis.
Other causes can be:
- heavy metals (arsenic, cadmium, lead, or mercury) in drinking water.
- eating a lot of acidic foods, like citrus fruit and tomatoes.
- toxins that might be found in certain seafood.
- medications such as antibiotics, antacids, laxatives, and chemotherapy drugs.
- Aconite - this must be used for diarrhea caused in the season when the days are hot, and the nights are comparatively cold. The symptoms appear in the middle of the night. Heavy diarrhea along with high-intensity fever occurs and anxiety.
- Aloes - this remedy should be used in case of a continuing urge for stool because of weakness of the anal sphincter. Mucus is accompanied along with pain in the rectum area.
- Arsenic album - this medicine is used in case of food poisoning. The affected person feels cold, tired and panicky. Vomiting and diarrhea take place after midnight. Burning pain in the abdomen is also observed.
- Cinchona- used in case of diarrhea with the presence of excessive exhaustion and abdomen gas. The abdomen gets bloated up.
- Ipecac - when there is nausea and non stop vomiting or your mouth gets filled with saliva, ipecac can be used. Thirst is lost, and the color of the stool may be green or bloody.
- Podophyllum - abdominal vibration and frequent stools are indicated. The stool is characterized by an unpleasant smell.
- Pulsatilla - diarrhea after taking rich-fatty food, pain in whole abdomen with heaviness in stomach.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult a specialist
& get answers to your questions!