Home remedies for itchy scalp
Itchy scalp, also known as scalp pruritus, is a disorder in which the scalp becomes itchy and painful. Itchy scalp is most common in the elder person. Itchy scalp is caused due to the frequent changes in the shampoos, hives, scabies, dandruff, severe headache, discoid lupus, anxiety disorder etc. The symptoms of the itchy scalp are redness, sores on the scalp, low-grade fever, patches on the scalp, sores filled with pus, bald patches, dry skin, redness, swelling on the scalp etc.
You can prevent the itchy scalp by avoiding using the products that contain the fragrances, dyes etc. You can also prevent the itchy scalp by avoiding sharing the combs, pillowcases, towels, brushes etc.
The home remedies for treatment of the itchy scalp are as follows:
- Coconut oil:- Coconut oil is considered as one of the most effective oils for curing the itchy scalp. Coconut oil is extracted from the coconut. Coconut oil contains lauric acid. This acid helps the scalp in absorbing the coconut oil and is considered as an effective remedy for treating the itchy scalp
- Shampoo of ketoconazole:- Ketoconazole is used in curing the itchy scalp. It is an antifungal agent which is regarded as effective in reducing the malassezia yeast. The shampoos of ketoconazole helps in reducing the scaly patches, dandruff and also the itchy scalp. You can use ketoconazole shampoo if you're having the itchy scalp
- Apple cider vinegar:- Apple cider vinegar also helps in curing the itchy scalp. Apple cider vinegar has the property of anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal. It helps in deducting the itchy scalp if it caused mainly due to the dandruff
- Shampoo of zinc pyrithione:- Zinc pyrithione shampoo is used in curing the itchy scalp. Itchy scalp is caused mainly due to the increase in the level of histamine on the skin of the head. So, zinc pyrithione is prescribed in a situation when you are having an itchy scalp due to a huge level of histamine on the scalp. These shampoos helps in reducing the itchy scalp and is considered as an effective remedy if you're having the pain due to the itchy scalp
- Selenium sulfide:- Selenium sulfide is used in curing the itchy scalp. These are available in the form of the lotion and shampoos. You can apply the lotion or shampoo on the itchy scalp two days in a week. After two weeks it should be applied once a week.
- Salicylic acid:- Salicylic acid is used in getting rid of the itchy scalp. It is the acid found in the white willow tree bark. These are effective in treating the itchy scalp caused by the seborrheic dermatitis and psoriasis. If you're having an aspirin allergy, don't use salicylic acid
- Peppermint oil:- Peppermint oil is used in getting rid of the itchy scalp. You can use the peppermint oil on the itchy scalp before washing the hair with the shampoo. The peppermint oil helps in deducting the itchy scalp
- Oil of tea tree:- Tea tree oil also helps in curing the itchy scalp. This oil is taken out from the tree of tea. Tea tree oil has the property of antifungal, antibacterial and antiseptic. These properties help in curing the itchy scalp. You can mix some drops of tea tree oil to any shampoo that you use and apply it to the itchy scalp before washing the hair. After applying the shampoo, wash it from the water. After doing the shampoo, itchy scalp will be reduced.
- Medication:- There are various medications which help in reducing the itchy scalp. Some of the most common medications in treating the itchy scalp are desonide, clobetasol, fluocinolone, and hydrocortisone. These medications are regarded as one of the most effective remedies for curing the itchy scalp
- Wash your hair regularly:- In order to get rid of the itchy scalp, you must wash your hair regularly. Washing the hair regularly helps in reducing the dandruff and also the infections which result in the itchy scalp.
Thank you for giving your precious time on reading this tip. I hope you got relevant and proper information after reading this. The other name of itchy scalp is pruritus. It is a disorder in which the scalp becomes itchy and painful. The itchy scalp is caused due to the dandruff, frequent changes in the shampoos, discoid lupus, dandruff etc. The symptoms of itchy scalp are redness, redness, sores on the scalp, bald patches, dry skin etc. You can prevent the itchy scalp by using some of the antifungal creams, topical steroids, cool tar, pyrithione zinc, keratolytics etc. Washing your hair regularly can also help in reducing the itchy scalp. You should avoid using hats, helmets, combs, brushes etc. in order to prevent the itchy scalp.