Last Updated: Jan 10, 2023
Research related to change of diet has shown that certain kinds of foods can help lower blood pressure, both right away as well as in the long run. Let us take a look at fifteen good foods that help reduce high blood pressure:
15 Amazing Food Items For High Blood Pressure Patients
Here we create a list of the best natural and healthy food items for high blood pressure, which can be easily consumed and easily add in your diet plan. This Food Items diet includes fruits, juices, healthy breakfast items which helps you to control high blood pressure ( BP).
- Bananas: There is a high content of potassium in bananas, which helps to manage hypertension. Intake of potassium in our diet leads to the reduction of the effects of sodium and makes tension less severe.
- Beet Juice: Beet contains a high amount of inorganic nitrate, which helps in the reduction of blood pressure or hypertension
- Berries: Strawberries and blueberries contain compounds that are antioxidant in nature, known as anthocyanins lead to an 8 percent reduction in their level of blood pressure.
- Dark Chocolate: Dark Chocolates which is rich in cocoa helps people to get their blood pressure level reduced and hence also assists them in getting rid of hypertension.
- Watermelon: Watermelon has amino acid known as citrulline, which helps to manage high blood pressure.
- Oats: Oats have a kind of fiber known as beta-glucan, which helps to reduce the level of cholesterol as well as high blood pressure.
- Leafy Green Vegetables: Vegetables like cabbage, fennel, kale have a rich content of nitrates, which help in managing blood pressure.
- Garlic: Garlic contains allicin, which helps to increase the production of nitric oxide in bodies and in turn dilute the blood vessels.
- Kiwi: Daily intake of kiwi can assist in reducing blood pressure among people, who suffer from moderate levels of high blood pressure problem
- Fermented Foods: Fermented foods have a rich content of probiotics, hence play an important role in maintaining gut health.
- Lentils and Other Kinds of Pulses: Lentils are a great source of vegetarian protein and fiber, which also result in reducing blood pressure.
- Natural Yogurt: Yogurt has a high chance of reducing the level of blood pressure among women, as per the American Heart Association.
- Pomegranates: If people, suffering from the problem of high blood pressure, drink 1 cup of pomegranate juice on a daily basis for 28 days, blood pressure gets reduced for the short-term.
- Cinnamon: Consuming Cinnamon in your diet can reduce systolic blood pressure by 5.39 mm Hg and Diastolic Blood Pressure by 2.6 mm Hg.
- Pistachios: Pistachios helps to decrease hypertension and the existence of a particular compound in it can reduce the tightness of blood vessels.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Update From Lybrate: Keep a check on your overall well-being by consuming healthy and delicious products. These Healthy Food Products helps in controlling High Blood Pressure not only soothe your taste buds but also keep you hydrated.
In case you have a concern or query, you can always consult the best general physicians online & get answers to your question via online doctor consultation.