Gall bladder stones can be painful. Until and unless it is surgically removed and cured from within, the pain continues to hinder daily life. The good news is that there are ways by which pain from gall bladder stones could be managed.
Here is a list of quick, easy-to-follow remedies to counter the pain.
- Heat Pack: Applying a heat pack or hot water bottle on to the stomach making sure that the heat is directly passed on to the gall bladder can give instant relief from the pain. The heat should be applied at an interval of half an hour and a layer of cloth should be placed in between the skin and the heat pack.
- Over the counter medicine: In most cases, over the counter pain relief meds can make the pain go away. NSAIDs should be avoided until and unless suggested by the doctor. A pain relief medicine with anti-inflammatory properties will perfectly suit the gall bladder condition.
- Try vegetable juice: While gulping vegetable juice might sound a little indifferent, it has instant benefits with no side effect. All it needs is to mix beetroot, cucumber, and carrot in equal proportions and extract the juice from it. The juice extracted from this mixture should be consumed twice in a week to flush out the toxins from the system and ease the gall bladder pain.
- Citrus fruits: Citrus fruits such as lemon, orange etc. contains pectin that is believed to be a remover of stones and blockages. This is also believed to be a great agent for countering pain originating from the gall bladder. Consumption of 10-12 tablespoon of lemon juice extracted from fresh lemons followed by a glass of water will wither the pain away in few weeks.
- A mixture of honey and turmeric: Honey’s antiseptic nature prevents infection and the curcumin found in turmeric makes the bile more soluble in the gall bladder. These two herbs in tandem can ease the gall bladder pain and get relief from the stones too. A tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of turmeric should be consumed daily to get the benefits.
- Take the herbal route: There are several herbals that are believed to be extremely effective in treating pain origination from the gall bladder. Some of them include goldenseal, quebrapedra, catnip, fennel seed, yellow dock, rosemary, nettle, peppermint herbal tea etc.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is acidic in nature and consumption of a quarter of a glass followed by a quarter of a glass of apple juice can show instant results. It should be consumed daily after breakfast. There are instances where the pain eases out within a matter of 15 minutes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.