You might have heard of the eucalyptus oil and the first thing that comes to your mind would be is the treatment of cold. Well, eucalyptus is not just an effective remedy for cold and it is much more than a passing herb that you can miss. Eucalyptus oil can be used as an analgesic, antibacterial, anticatarrhal and anti-inflammatory agent. Let us get on directly with the benefits of using the ever affluent oil.
Benefits of Eucalyptus oil:
- Dental problems: Eucalyptus is naturally minty and it can treat cavities, gingivitis, and in some cases even dental plaque. It has germicidal characteristics and they are very beneficial in fighting dental problems. Nowadays, even many modern toothpastes have a dash of eucalyptus oil as its ingredient. Such is the power of this product.
- Asthma: Asthma attacks can occur at any time. Under those circumstances, massage a few drops of eucalyptus oil on the chest or you can inhale the aroma directly to breathe better.
- Congestion: Nasal congestion and eucalyptus oil go hand in hand. Add a few drops of oil to the boiled water and inhale the steam to get rid of all your nasal congestions.
- Cooling temperature: Eucalyptus oil cools the body down! It is especially beneficial in the summer months when the instances of heat strokes rises. Apply it directly to your body to maintain your body temperature and to maintain it.
- Cough: You can say goodbye to coughing, sneezing, blocked nose, etc. with the usage of eucalyptus oil. They are also beneficial in curing a variety of ailments from wounds, fevers, and respiratory ailments. You can use them as an overnight ingredient to get a soothing sleep and the aroma can act as a mind relaxant too.
- Diabetes: Eucalyptus oil usage can increase the circulation in diabetic patients. You can also massage eucalyptus oil onto the body and take a bath later to increase the blood circulation.
- Dysentery: Eucalyptus oil is also known to fight against diarrhoea, inflammation, and other infections. Apply raw eucalyptus oil on your abdomen area and massage in a circular motion for the best results.
- Ear inflammation: You should never put essential oil directly into the ear cavity. However, you can easily massage the oil around the ear and outer ear for pain relief. In case if it gets in your ear cavities, seek medical help immediately.
- Kidney stones: Kidney stones can be painful and debilitating. Eucalyptus oil is known to reduce the pain when applied in the kidney areas and massaged.
- Muscle pain: Eucalyptus can act as a natural analgesic and also has anti-inflammatory properties. Massage a few drops of eucalyptus oil evenly over the affected area to ease the pain. You can even warm the eucalyptus oil and massage it to soothe the muscle pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.