Life can be all fun and frolic as long as we are hale and healthy, but it can come to a standstill due to an injury or illness. The road to recovery can be cumbersome, but with dance-based physiotherapy, it need not be so!
Physiotherapists often encourage their patients and aid their recovery while enabling them to become independent as soon as possible after an injury or surgery. They seek the patient’s participation along with their own support, by creating awareness and empower them by educating them about their problems. They work with all age groups to help them in overcoming pain and disease.
Physiotherapy - What is it for?
With their expertise and knowledge, they can help in improving the various body systems including and not restricted to,
Dancing - A Form of Physio Exercise
- Dancing is recognized as a form of exercise under physiotherapy. It comes under low-impact exertion, and patients do not feel strained when performing the art. It helps people in recuperating from injuries as it involves movement of the complete body. In fact, it has an impact on the entire body including the brain.
- Dancing is also known to be advantageous for the patients because it boosts the flow of blood to the body and helps in their timely recovery. It also strengthens your bones and makes them healthy. Additionally, you can improve your fitness levels.
- The health benefits of dancing also extend to combating anxiety and depression. It stimulates the release of the ‘feel-good’ hormones, also known as ‘endorphins’ and helps to uplift the mood. Further, you can also rely on dancing for gaining body balance. The benefits of social interaction can also be enjoyed through the practice. Moreover, you can dance to improve your body posture. And dancing is highly enjoyable and can be performed anywhere, at home or outdoors.
Words of Caution
- When relying on dancing as a form of your physiotherapy treatment, you must take care to follow the instructions of your medical practitioner. They will consider your present physical condition and guide you on the correct dance techniques that are suited for your recovery. Moreover, if you experience pain as a result of dancing when recovering from disorders, do not delay in contacting the doctor at the earliest.
- Physiotherapy can prove to be beneficial at any stage of our lives, and you can rely on it for not just for dealing with chronic pain, but as a preventive mechanism for dance or sport-related injuries as well. And it can be much more exciting and enjoyable when it is dance-based, especially, if you are a dance-loving soul.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!