Your hand is an integral part of your persona, which is why you need to keep them clean and presentable. However, conditions such as cuticle skin peeling can take away the beauty of your hands. Cuticle skin peeling can also irritate your hand throughout the day when the cuts are exposed to external elements, such as food or dirt. You could also infect your fingers in the process, if the cuticles are not treated properly.
Causes of Cuticle skin peeling:
- Allergic reaction: Bacteria may cause allergies and stimulate cuticle peeling problem. Detergents and other chemical product can also cause irritation.
- Bad habit: If you have a habit of biting nails or picking nails, then also you can be infected. Moreover, if you rip off your hanging nails instead of chipping them properly then it can result to skin infection.
- Lack of minerals: Calcium and vitamin deficiency can also be a reason for cuticle skin peeling around your fingernails. The skin gets dry and flaky resulting in breaks and chips which may in turn lead to cuticles.
- Skin diseases: If you have any skin problems such as eczema, psoriasis etc then you are likely to develop skin cuticle peeling problem.
Some treatments for cuticle peeling problems
- Warm lemon water: Rinse your hand everyday with warm lemon water to clean the nooks and crannies of the fingers where dirt may be stored. After washing hour hands ensure your moisturise them to keep it supple which will prevent the development of cuticles.
- Cucumber: You can also rub cucumber slices gently on your skin to reduce the inflammation form cuticles and sooth any wounds on the fingers.
- Aloe vera: You can also use the aloe vera gel for its cooling and soothing factors. Using aloe vera multiple times a day will help to get rid of cuticle-peeling by naturally moisturising and disinfecting the skin areas a t the same time.
- Honey: Use honey on your hands and then wash it with lukewarm water to get soft and smooth skin.
- Balanced diet: Maintaining a proper diet containing which has healthy fats, dietary fibre, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals and protein will nourish all areas of your skin properly and prevent the problems of cuticle peeling occurring in the first place.
- Antibiotics: You may also need to take anti-infection drugs to reduce the problem if you have already had an infection in your fingers within the cuticles. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Updates From Lybrate: We hope this information was helpful to you. Moreover, you can also check out these best skin care products from Lybrate.