Tea is an addiction for many, and luckily not the worst one to have. A cup of hot tea in the morning and another one in the afternoon is more than enough to get you through the rest of the day. It is not only beneficial but also recommended. If taken in moderate amounts, this comforting beverage has some remarkable benefits.
Benefits of drinking tea-
- Tea can hydrate your body and can be beneficial especially when one suffers from diarrhea and needs fluids in the body.
- Some teas contain ingredients such as herbs like cascara and senna, which have natural laxative properties and may help in relieving constipation.
- Black and green tea contains essential oils and polyphenols that may aid digestion by stimulating the gastric acids thus reducing flatulence and negative digestive symptoms such as diarrhea and vomiting.
- A cup of rose tea in the morning stimulates your body’s production of bile, which aids in the digestion of food. It works as a mild laxative and is often used as an effective natural remedy for constipation.
- The antioxidants in tea can help the body to fight cancer of the colon, stomach, small intestine, pancreas and liver.
But, having bed-tea, first thing in the morning - is it a healthy practice that most Indian households possess? Yes, most of you are habituated to have bed-tea as soon as you wake up. You love to start your day with a piping hot cup. Though it is a great way to soothe your soul, relax your mind, makes a wonderful beverage to enjoy with friends, perfect welcome drink to guests, however, is it really a good idea to kick-start your morning with tea? Think again!
Well, this is just NOT an ideal way to begin your day - both for your body and your teeth. Your oral cavity and hygiene contribute a lot towards your health and overall well-being. Here are reasons to avoid morning bed-tea.
Reasons why you should not drink tea in the morning-
- Drinking tea, in the morning can cause stomach inflammation and it may lead to infection and feeling of nausea.
- Drinking tea can affect the bile juice secretion in your stomach and can also cause nausea and nervousness because of the empty stomach.
- Tea increases the level of acid in the stomach. Gulping down a cup of hot tea would mean washing down bacteria from your mouth and sending them down to your gut can upset your stomach.
- When tea washes down bacteria from mouth to the gut, it interferes with the functioning of the good bacteria and might cause problems in metabolism, disrupting the acid-alkaline balance in the stomach. This may result in constipation.
- A chemical in tea known as theophylline has a dehydrating effect on stools passing through the intestines, resulting in constipation.
So, drink your way to good health... avoid morning your tea in bed and stay healthy! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!