Chives are a kind of garlic that belongs to the herb and vegetable family, known as allium. Similar to other members of the family, such as onions, leeks, and scallions, chives include a pungent odor, essential nutrients, as well as powerful medicinal characteristics. They have been used in preparing traditional medicines for centuries to treat a variety of medical disorders, including cancer. The top eight health benefits of Chives include:
- Chives have the natural ability to treat esophageal and abdomen cancer. As they belong to the allium family, like other vegetables, the nutrients in the Chives have the skill to prevent the growth of cancer tumor.
- Taking chives regularly will allow the user to improve his or her frame of mind and sleep. This is for the reason that they include an active ingredient called choline, which plays an important role in assisting the users to get a sound sleep during the night. It also aids users greatly in keeping up their learning skill as well as their memory capacity.
- Chives are capable of keeping up the overall health of the bones of the users. As they include Vitamin K, its aids them considerably in maintaining the bone density as well as the integrity.
- Chives have the natural ability to alleviate depression in humans. This is because Chives have the wealthiest resource of folic acid, which prevents the surplus production of homocysteine in the human body in a natural way. Thus, it protects the body from high blood pressure while offering the necessary nutrients to the brain to make it function properly. Folic acid also has the skill to prevent some birth imperfections in an effective way.
- Another notable health benefit of chives is that they prevent the growth of cataract in eyes by reducing the eye stress. This is because they are rich in zeaxanthin and carotenes lutein, which play a vital role in maintaining the overall health of the eyes.
- Including chives in the regular meals will aid the users to improve their immune system, as they contain enough amount of Vitamin C.
- Those who are suffering from a variety of heart disorders will be greatly benefitted by including chives in their regular diet. This is for the reason for the availability of potassium as well as an organic chemical, known as allicin.
- Chives also have a wealthy resource of a natural compound, known as quercetin. This compound assists user greatly in having better control over their arterial plaque as well as their levels of cholesterol.
Thus, users will be capable of improving the overall health of their heart, which, in turn, will protect them from stroke as well as from other heart diseases. Taking chives regularly will help these people considerably in lowering the jeopardy of atherosclerosis, as well.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!