Erectile dysfunction is an ailment that has affected over 30 million men in the United States. It is a condition where a man cannot achieve or maintain an erection during an intimate performance and it also leads to reduced sexual drive. It can happen to anybody at any time and fatigue, stress, performance anxiety and relationship problems also cause erectile dysfunction.
You shall have to visit an expert if you have been suffering from these ailments for over two weeks. The standard treatment include implants, surgery and vacuum pumps. But you can also try the natural options like being physically active, losing weight, curbing down alcohol consumption and smoking.
- Walk along: When you wish to boost your sexual performance, you will have to just walk 2 miles a day. This would definitely help those men who are obese to reduce their risk of erectile dysfunction as well as reverse it potentially. Maintaining a trimmed waistline is essential for a healthy sex life. Also, maintaining a proper weight is a great way of preventing erectile dysfunction.
- Involve your nether regions: Pelvic workouts, which are commonly referred to as kegel workouts are used for promoting urinary continence as well as good sexual health. They also help in strengthening the bulbocavernosus muscle that helps your body in three different ways. First of all, it helps the penis to swell with blood at the time of intercourse, pumps while you ejaculate and helps in emptying the urethra after you urinate.
- Take watermelon juice: A slice of chilled watermelon will not just quench your thirst, it will also help your sexual health. An amino acid called citrulline which is present in watermelon is known for improving blood flow to the penis. Plus, it is easier for the stomach to digest and can act to be your natural Viagra.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture has now become a way of treating all kinds of ailments ranging from back pain to depression and erectile dysfunction seems to be no exception. Through this alternate therapy, fine needles would be placed in various regions of the body for relieving stress. This, in turn, would alleviate your erectile dysfunction as well.
- Take L-Arginine substitutes: L-arginine is an amino acid which is naturally present in the body and helps in making nitric oxide that supports erection. Nitric oxide also helps in relaxing of blood vessels and keeps the erection sustained.
These five natural tips would definitely help you combat sexual dysfunction. However, if you see that the problems persist over a few weeks in spite of trying these natural methods, then you shall have to visit an expert. If you wish to discuss about any specific sexual problem, you can consult a sexologist and ask a free question.