Lybrate Logo
Get the App
For Doctors
Login/Sign-up
Last Updated: Oct 23, 2019
BookMark

5 Foods for Healthy Living

Profile Image
Dr. Looks Forever Hair Skin Laser And Slimming Aesthetic ClinicDermatologist • 19 Years Exp.Dermatologist
Topic Image

We often tend to ignore our diet. Every day we carefully separate the greens on our plate and eat only what we like. We eat all kinds of fast food and then claim that we will burn it in the gym, but soon when the weighing scale shows no change or shows an increase, we tend to get agitated and claim, “Even after I go to the gym daily, I am unable to reduce my weight”.

Now this line is the most common thing, which comes out of your mouth, and others mouth too. It is indeed sad that people tend to ignore the fact that ‘health is 80% dietary control and 20% physical exertion’, this is the reason why it is said you are what you eat. So now, let me tell you about some of the foodstuff you ought to eat to maintain health.

Hence some healthy options for your platter, health and looks are:

Turmeric

Turmeric or ‘Haldi’ is a fine yellow powder, which is used to add color and taste to your dishes. Turmeric is also an antiseptic and is often applied on wounds and cuts. Some other benefits of Turmeric are that they help to combat stomach troubles, sore throat, skin problems, cough, ear and eye problems.

Onions

Onions are almost added to every dish to make it tasty and add a flavor and an aroma to it. Onions are very useful to cure to stomach related problems. Onions also are rich in Vitamin C and riboflavin.

Fenugreek

Many often dislike the vegetable fenugreek or ‘methi’, but people fail to realize that it is a rich source of vitamins and minerals. Fenugreek is a cure for stomach problems, respiratory disorders, body odor and is also very effective in controlling diabetes.

Watermelon

Now that summer is in the air and every ones sweating profusely, it is natural that your body is going to be devoid of water. Well watermelon provides more than hydration, it is also effective in curing erectile dysfunction, skin problems, preventing cancer, etc.

Eggplants

Eggplants are rich in nasunin, phosphorous, vitamin A, vitamin C, sulphur, fiber and potassium, which help in shielding your brains cells from harm due to old age. They also help to prevent stroke and dementia. Eggplants are very good for health and it to be made a part of your diet.

Hence, these are some of the ingredients, which you ought to add to your diet.

chat_icon

Ask a free question

Get FREE multiple opinions from Doctors

posted anonymously

TOP HEALTH TIPS

doctor

View fees, clinc timings and reviews
doctor

Treatment Enquiry

Get treatment cost, find best hospital/clinics and know other details