Maintaining a strong and healthy kidney becomes rather challenging over the years as most people engage in a variety of activities and habits that slowly but steadily damage these vital organs. Furthermore, the symptoms of kidney failure are quite broad, ranging from leg swelling to high blood potassium; the extensive but confusing nature of these symptoms make it one of the more difficult disorders to identify and then treat.
Thus, you must make certain that you are going for food items that will prevent the disruption of your kidney functions:
- Red Bell Peppers: Since red bell peppers contain a very low amount of potassium, they will enable the kidney to perform all of its functions in a safe manner. They also contain an important antioxidant by the name of lycopene that fends off cancer growth in the body.
- Garlic: This particular root vegetable also holds within numerous medicinal properties. Not only does it add a lot of flavour to cooking but it has also proven to reduce renal reperfusion, a condition linked to kidney failure.
- Bamboo Shoots: As strange as it may sound, bamboo shoots bolster your immunity levels to an impressive extent. They also help with cholesterol and blood sugar.
- Onions: Though you might already be familiar with numerous forms of onion in your daily assortment of dishes, you must also note down how onions aid in reducing blood viscosity and blood pressure, both of which can lead to kidney damage.
- Lemon Juice: Normally thought of as refreshment for the hot summers, lemon juice is actually a surprising safeguard against the onset of various kidney diseases. It maintains your pH level, promoting stronger immunity within your body.
- Berries: Through a combination of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and cherries in your diet, you will be able to avoid the build-up of toxic substances in your kidneys. They also provide a healthy amount of fibre, vitamin C and folic acid.
- Turmeric: This essential spice that you may already be acquainted with is, in fact, a surprising source of antioxidant. It also protects your body from the accumulation of certain cancer cells. It is also said to improve your digestive tract.
- Carrots: Carrots are a good source of vitamin A, which enables your kidney to clear out the harmful toxins from the urinary tract. They also reduce your creatinine levels, which makes you prone to numerous kidney diseases.
- Water: An essential item that controls your body in more ways than one, water is one of the most effective ways to clear out all sorts of suspect substances from your system.
- Watermelon: This wildly popular summer fruit is filled with lycopene, which, as mentioned before, is a strong antioxidant that sees to the avoidance of renal injuries. It also picks out certain oxygen radicals and clears them out.
Thus, by including most if not all of the foods mentioned above, you will be able to protect your kidney to the best of your ability and ensure the best renal health for yourself.