Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Ranchi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Siddhartha SinhaYour feedback matters!
I hve cold along vth cough for last 2 year's. I smoke cigrate may b bez of tht? Wht should I do? Anf Is their anything serious abt it?
I am didn't concentrate in my studies now a days, my mind is always diverted to girls. I want to study but I can't concentrate.
Depression is more than just feeling low or down. It is a serious illness that is caused by various changes in the brain chemistry. There are a lot of factors that cause depression, which range from genetics to change in hormone level, stress, grief, medical conditions and other life circumstances. All these can lead to depression and that is something which does not go away on its own. However, there are a few efficient ways through which patients can deal with depression. These are as follows:
- Exercise: Taking a brisk walk for fifteen to twenty minutes every day can be very healthy, not only for your body, but also for your mental health as well. Dancing, jogging, cycling and yoga are alternatives as well. Although, people who are depressed might not feel like doing any of those things, but one should try to do them anyway. Once a person gets into the exercising routine, they will start noticing the change in their mood. Deep breathing, yoga exercises and meditation can also help people feel better and less depressed.
- Anti-depressants: Three brain chemicals that are responsible for handling your mood are norepinephrine, serotonin and dopamine. During depression, the brain circuits that make use of these chemicals stop working properly. In this case, antidepressants can be very useful. These tweak the chemicals that run through the brain and help improve your overall mood.
- Psychotherapy: It is a method through which therapists find out a person’s everyday stressors. This therapy is a powerful treatment for depression. Combining psychotherapy with medications can be even better and more effective. This also makes the symptoms easier to take. When a person talks about his feelings and problems with a stranger, it can help him or her release certain amount of stress.
- Social support: Talking to a friend or attending group therapies has proven to be beneficial. However, it is important that the person you talk to is someone who you will feel comfortable around. Therefore, it could be someone you know or someone who empathises with you. This is possible either with your close ones or group therapies where the people you talk with, have been going through the same problem you have.
- Meditation: Calmness and meditation can help you channelize your positive energy and thoughts over the negative ones. It can help a person see new perspective, develop forgiveness and compassion. Much like exercise, meditating briefly can help you gain immediate effects. It helps a person get over depression. This happens over time. One might not be successful in releasing their stress at once. It is a process that takes time.
The treatment that you get for your depression will depend on the kind of depression that you have. Some might get psychotherapy while others might get antidepressants or for some, exercise could be enough. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
I'm feeling as if I should run away from my place & stay at any jungle in middle where nobody can listen me & I'll be alone totally & I want to go to top of the mountain & scream as loud as I can & when I go angry I feel as if I would kill someone I start making planning to kill even of my mom & dad & I'm completely not knowing what is right & wrong at that time & sometimes I become absent as if my partner says something & I don't know what she is saying & I go angry very easily.& always I get fear of cancer & dangerous diseases. What do I've? what should I do?
Ma maxilofacial surgery is scheduled for next mnth. But am worried about the surgery coz of ma smoking habit. I smoke marijuana daily. I dnt wanna disclose this to my surgeon.. Do smoking marijuana got any problem with surgery. If yes, pls tell me when or how many days before surgery do I need to quit marijuana use? Pls answer.
I had a great academic career. But, after I completed my studies and entered into the professional world, I have been getting consecutive failures for the last four years now. Somehow, still I have summoned my strength. I have a dream and I am working hard to achieve it. But at times I loose my focus and the past experiences overcast my effort. How can I clear my mind and concentrate all through for my dream. I know I have the potential to achieve it. Just tell me, how can I be focused all through. I want to know the method by which I can clear my mind of the past experiences that I had and achieve my dream.
I am 32 yr. Have depression from 4 month taking alprazolam tab. One per day 0.25 mg. Its relief but my mood is very sad from 2 week. Very negative thoughts n some times vertigo problems.
I am feeling very low these days. I don't smoke cigarettes but I drink sometimes. What are the adverse affects of drinking more please tell if there are some good effects.
I am a b pharmacy student 20 years old how can I improve my memory and grasping power in my studies.
Hello I am suffering from a low feeling all the time. It is like a depression which gives me a low feeling all the time.
As the above covers the whole subject nothing more need be added for your good health.