Doctor in Mann Homeopathic Clinic Rajkot
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Increasing Height Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Submit a review for Mann Homeopathic Clinic RajkotYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Happy with Doctor friendliness, Explanation of the health issue, Treatment satisfaction, No Waiting time at clinic , Excellent ( patient) history taking. Dr.Bhavin is Very keenly interested in knowing the details of one's habits,nature ...etc in full details and depth. Treatment is best & Fast acting.
Doctor is very friendly and cooperative. After his treatment my problem decreased considerably. I recommend homeopathy for all complaine. Thanks.
Dr.Dhara and Dr.Bhavin are friendly and cooperative doing excellent work at Mann homoeopathic clinic..
Wow. What an excellent doctor he is! Anything related to homeopathy, Excellent care and doctor friendliness is guaranteed. The way he explains about the problem, the way he treats the patient is too good. After every session of treatment he takes utmost care. I would definitely recommend him to others...
Highly recommended !!! Doctor Bhavin is very experienced, nice and realistic doctor. He patiently listens to the problem/symptoms, explains clearly the possible root causes, and prescribes medication accordingly.
Dr. Bhavin Dhamsaniya provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable, well-reasoned, inspiring and helped me improve my health. Best
Doctor is friendly and made my father feel comfortable who is a senior citizen. We are satisfied with our experience
Excellent Doctor but before that awesome person.
I strongly recommend Dr .Bhavin for homeopathic treatment. I have been consulting him for disease of various ailments which he has heard very patiently and prescribed medicines. I have seen results from the very first day. His main skill is that he goes in minute detail to diagnose the problem before prescribing medicines. I have recommended him to my family members too.
A very patient doctor. Listens to everything patiently. They do a very thorough analysis of your history, including heriditary issues etc before deciding on your treatment. I am seeing a lot of improvement in my health overall after this treatment. I would recommend Dr.Bhavin to everyone with a chronic acidity problem and other ailments too.
The doctor's diagnose and medicines prescribed hits very rightly..from the first dose itself I felt changes in my sleep ..Thank you doctor.
Acidity or acid reflux is a very common condition affecting many Indians. This condition is characterized by heartburn felt around the lower chest area, which is caused by the stomach acid flowing back up into the food pipe. Very few people realize that unhealthy eating habits and poor lifestyle choices can cause this condition.
How does acidity occur?
The food we eat passes down the oesophagus into the stomach. The gastric glands in the stomach create acid which is necessary to digest the food and to kill any germs. Acidity occurs when the gastric glands produce a large amount of acid, more than what is needed for the digestion process. This condition is characterized by a burning sensation just above the stomach, or right below the breastbone (the hollow part).This condition is very common in India due to the heavy consumption of oily and spicy foods by Indians.
Who is prone to acidity?
People who are prone to acidity include those who overindulge in alcohol those who are obese those who often consume spicy food those who often consume non-vegetarian food, those who take Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs), women nearing menopause, women who are pregnant, people who suffer from medical conditions such as diabetes, asthma, hiatal hernia, peptic ulcers, connective tissue disorders, or Zollinger-Ellison syndrome
What are the causes of acidity?
Acidity can occur due to unhealthy eating habits due to certain foods consumed in excess as a side effect of medicines due to existing medical conditions due to other causes such as stress, lack of sleep etc.
What are the symptoms of acidity?
- Burning sensation in the stomach
- Burning sensation in the throat and heart
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Belching & nausea
- Prolonged sour taste in the mouth
- Bad breath
- Indigestion or constipation
How is acidity diagnosed?
If you suffer from the symptoms of acidity you can consult your family doctor or any general practitioner. Based on your case the doctor may ask you to undergo:
- X-ray of the esophagus and the stomach
- An upper gastrointestinal endoscopy which enables the doctor to see the lining of the esophagus and stomach
What are the possible complications of acidity?
The complications of acidity include
- Severe pain in the chest or abdomen
- Excessive vomiting
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Gastric ulcers
Healthy tips for a healthy stomach:
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid alcohol consumption
- Avoid oily, spices foods, fast foods, junk foods
- Add more natural fruits and vegetables to your daily diet
- Eat smart and moderately i.e. it is better to take a small frequently meal than to take a large meal.
- Go to bed minimum 1 hour after taking dinner.
- Walk around after dinner is better for your health.
- Drink minimum 2 to 3 liters of water daily
- Avoid late night sleep / late night TV watching
- Practice exercise & yoga regularly
- Do meditation regularly to keep yourself stressfree
- Be always positive in attitude that will keep your mind in a healthy state
- Avoid taking pain medicines (NSAID) if not seriously necessary
- Never skip your breakfast
- Eat more fruits and raw vegetables in your breakfast
- Avoid taking more tea and coffee
The scope homeopathy treatment:
The digestive system is at the very core of our well-being. Every part of the body is affected by what we eat and how the digestive system absorbs the nutrients from our foods. Thousands and thousands of hyperacidity patients are taking regularly some sort of acid-blocking drugs or antacids that suppress symptoms but do nothing to treat the underlying causes of diseases. For most this is becoming a lifelong habit with high cost, not only in monetary terms but also through the long list of side effects and gradually declining overall health.
In this regards a proper homeopathy treatment targets to treat the cause of hyperacidity and as well as improves the acidity symptoms very effectively and rapidly than other therapy. The indicated homeopathy medicines can be of great help not only in improving the hyperacidity symptoms but also to cure the disease completely if avoids the trigger factors of hyperacidity with the homeopathy treatment. Homeopathy treats the person as a whole. It means that homeopathic treatment focuses on the patient as a person, as well as his pathological condition.
The homeopathic medicines are selected after a full individualizing examination and case-analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution etc. A miasmatic tendency (predisposition/ susceptibility) is also often taken into account for the treatment of any chronic conditions. So in severe acidity case homeopathy treatment not only improves the acidity symptoms but also help in proper digestion, absorption, normal bowel motion and overall health improvement. The patients who have the tendency of excessive gas formation and gurgling of bowel sound can be very well cured with a proper homeopathy treatment.
Patients suffering from irregular bowel movement and constipation due to irregular peristaltic movement can be cured completely with proper homeopathy treatment which helps to settle up the normal peristaltic motion. Symptoms of burning chest, belching, sour taste in mouth are the outward reflected symptoms of hyperacidity. With a proper homeopathic treatment those symptoms can be cured. The mental stress, worried, anxiety, depression are the psychological stressors of hyperacidity. Homeopathy treatment is based upon the total symptoms of the person not only from the disease-related part but from the other aspect like mental, physical and spiritual aspects thus helps to treat the cause of the disease whether origin from psychological source or physical source or deep-seated emotional source. The hyperacidity caused by any psychological stressor can thus be cured by proper homeopathy treatment as it treat the underlying cause of the health problem.
The duration of treatment
The minimum time period of getting any remarkable result can vary from 1 week to 3 weeks but the total duration of treatment depends from person to person as per their chronic nature of the disease and their constitution.
There are many kinds of infections that may afflict the body from time to time. While some of them may be dormant conditions that flare up due to environmental factors, there may be others that may occur due to a change in season as well as other causes, including interaction with a carrier of the same infection.
A fungal infection is usually caused by the growth and accumulation of the harmful fungi in a particular part of the body or organ of the body. These kinds of infections may be caused between the toes, thighs, vagina and other areas where we tend to sweat a lot. The hands, feet, nails and the groin region are also quite susceptible to such infection. Let us find out the various ways in which homeopathy can be used in order to treat fungal infections in the body. One must keep in mind that these medicines must only be prescribed by a medical practitioner.
Fungal infection on the feet- The best homeopathic medication for fungal infection on the feet includes petroleum and silicea. These medicines may be used especially if there is a strong odour and excessive sweating. These medicines are good for clearing the infection entirely. Also, they are especially effective for conditions like Athlete’s Foot.
Fungal infection in the groin area- If the patient is suffering from a fungal infection in the groin area or around the thighs, like a Jock Itch or any related condition, then medicines like Graphites and Sepia may be prescribed by the doctor. These medicines are especially helpful when there is a great deal of itching along with an outbreak of rashes plus other signs of the infection.
Fungal Infection on the Scalp- There are many kinds of infections that may occur in the scalp of the patient due to excessive sweating as well as other kinds of pollution and exposure to chemicals. Thuja and Kali Sulphuricum may be prescribed for this purpose. It also fights related symptoms like excessive itching of the scalp and sensitivity to touch.
Fungal Infection on the Skin- When the skin suffers from fungal infection which leads to boils, crusting, pus and bleeding, Tellurium, Sepia and Thuja may be recommended by the doctor. These medicines work well if the patient is experiencing severe itching, especially after taking a cold shower or bath.
Fungal Infection in the Mouth- The fungal infection in the mouth may happen due to lack of hydration as well as poor eating habits. In such cases, the doctor may prescribe medicines like Helonias and Borax. These medicines also deal with symptoms like the formation of ulcers or white lesions in the mouth.
The medicines mentioned in the article are only indicative in nature and should not be consumed without consulting a trained homeopathic doctor, as most of the times based on your symptoms and other underlying factors the doctor decides the right mix of 2 or 3 medicines along with the frequency of the medicine. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sunscreens lotion are the chemical agents that are widely used to alter the dubious effects of UV rays on our skin. Apart from chemical sunscreens there are various other measures such as proper clothing which provides excellent photoprotection to our skin, hats; a broad-brimmed hat or an umbrella protects the skin especially the face from uv radiations and a simple makeup such as a foundations that have a photoprotection effect which lasts for 2-3 hours, but such measures are less commonly applicable because of changing lifestyle and petite dressing trends.
At the present time, the role of chemical sunscreens are of utmost importance to protect our skin and a call of attention should be initiated very early from school days. Ideally, the efficacy of sunscreens is measured by what is commonly known as spf. It is a numerical rating system that indicated the degree of protection provided in a particular sun care product. Ideally, spf 15 gives 94% protection from uvb radiations and spf 30% provides more than 97% protection. For day to day activities sunscreen with spf 30 is sufficient to protect our skin from uv radiations. Apart from the protective efficacy of sunscreens, the other determinant of its efficacy is its stickiness or adhesive quality, which means the capacity of sunscreen to withstand adverse conditions like exposure to water and sweat. So distant from normal sunscreens there is sunscreen which is water resistant used for swimming or other sports activities.
An ideal sunscreen should have the following qualities:
- Broad-spectrum coverage protection against uvb (290 – 320 nm) and uva (320- 400 nm) radiation wavelengths to provide protection from both sunburn and skin tanning.
- Combination of both physical and chemical blockers to reflect back and scatter the uv radiations and equally absorb the radiations and prevent them to enter the skin cells.·
- Cosmetically elegant which suits a need for a particular skin type such as light or dark skin, oily skin or dry skin.
- Non-irritant to suit the needs of sensitive skin.
- Non-comedogenic to cater the requirement for acne-prone skin.
Irrespective of sex, age or type of skin sunscreens are required to protect our skin from the deleterious effect of uv radiations. Sunscreen is advised, recommended and safe to use from children’s above 6 months of age to geriatric. Statics across the globe has shown that the incidence of some malignant conditions of skin like basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and malignant melanoma are at rising due to cumulative sun radiations, reduced ozone layer and fair skin. It is very high in countries near equator like australia and new zealand. Other non-malignant and common conditions associated with lack of sun protection measures are skin tanning, premature aging, sunburns, wrinkles and lines over the face especially around the eyes and forehead more commonly in people living at higher altitudes, solar lentigines, actinic keratosis, phototoxic reactions, uv radiations accentuates pigmentation like melasma and freckles, it can turn simple mole into malignant cancers. Studies have shown that children who are not adequately protected from the sun have an increased risk of developing skin cancers later in life.
- Sunscreens are recommended for all age group male /female and children above 6 months of age.
- Use sunscreen daily twice or at least once in morning 10 minutes before stepping out from home.
- Use sunscreen in all weather conditions either sunny or cloudy to prevent from both uva which gives photo ageing and tanning to skin and uvb radiations to prevent sun damage to superficial layers of skin epidermis.
- Sunscreens are in form of creams suitable for normal skin and dry skin, gel form for oily and acne prone skin and lotions for widebody application.
- Recent and new sunscreens are designed for women with tinted texture to camouflage uneven skin conditions and others have compact base suitable for women and no makeup base is required.
- Always use sunscreen first and then makeup on top of it.
- Ask your dermatologist for water-resistant for beach holiday vacations or outdoor swimming activities.
Homeopathy is relatively modern and has gotten popular due to it being extremely effective with limited side effects. The usage of natural substances and the concept of eliminating the root cause is one reason why many are considering homeopathy.
Natural substances like plant, mineral or animal based. Examples of a few natural substances used are vinegar, garlic, caffeine, mountain herbs, crushed bees and white arsenic.
How does homeopathy work?
The most important thing about homeopathy is how the medicines are individualized and catered to a person’s specific symptoms and history. If two people are suffering from the same illness, they can be treated with relatively different medicines. The doctors treat their patients based on how unique the situation is and how their body will respond to that treatment. In homeopathy, not only do the physical conditions matter but their emotions and personality are taken into consideration. Homeopathic doctors address things like the stress levels, history of the patient and personal traits before suggesting a medicine and the dosage.
What are the benefits of homeopathy?
- Safe and free from side-effects: Homeopathic treatment is considered to be a safe system and are free from any adverse side effects. Homeopathic medicines are free of toxic substances making it harmless yet effective. It is safe for toddlers, pregnant women, elderly and the ones with delicate health conditions.
- Low doses: Homeopathic medicines are in form a white ball and consumed in limited doses. They are predominantly made from minerals and herbs. Compared to many prescription drugs, they do not carry elements which lead to addiction.
- Lasting effects: Compared to conventional medicine, homeopathy can offer relief from issues for many months or even years. This lasting relief is provided due to homeopathic medicines focusing on the root cause of the disease rather than the disease itself. Homeopathy is also effective in treating recurring diseases like allergies, acne, migraine, asthma etc.
- Preventive treatment: Homeopathic remedies can be used by everyone i. E. Children, teenagers and adults due to the lack of adverse effects. This can be used for preventive treatment too by boosting the body’s immunity and building resistance against infection and illness.
Who benefits from homeopathy the most?
Homeopathy has been used most widely in patients suffering from
- Anxiety disorders and depression
- Breathing problems like asthma and wheezing
- Migraines and headaches
- Skin disorders
- Autoimmune disorders
- Digestive problems.
Do homeopathic medicines have side-effects?
Most homeopathic medicines are highly diluted and are consumed in minimal doses. However like any other medicine, consumption of high doses can be problematic. Always follow the directions and consult with a certified doctor before consuming the medicine.
With advancements in the field of homeopathy, more people are starting to opt for this treatment. If you find yourself being a victim of any chronic diseases or allergies, maybe it’s time you considered trying homeopathy for better results.
Hair Fall or loss of hair also termed as Alopecia, medically, is quite a common condition. Almost every person suffers from hair loss, some or other time in their life. It can be a source of immense psychological distress and emotional turbulence. Some of the most common types of hair loss are as follows:
- Male pattern baldness: A pattern of hair loss which is very common in males and may be hereditary. Excess of the male hormone can lead to this pattern of baldness. Male pattern hair loss starts as early as in twenties or thirties. Where in the hairline recedes and the volume may decrease. Usually, in male pattern baldness, hair loss starts first at the crown of head and at temples. It forms a horse-shoe shaped baldness. It is also called as Androgenic Alopecia.
- Female pattern baldness: Hair loss in females is more at the top of the head.
- Alopecia areata: A condition commonly seen in young people where large coin-shaped patches of baldness develop. Hair may regenerate in these areas. It is also seen in conditions like autoimmune diseases, diabetes, thyroid disorders.
- Alopecia totalis: Complete loss of hair on the scalp
- Alopecia universalis: Complete hair loss on full body.
- Scaring Alopecia: Due to damage to the hair follicle, there is hair loss which does not grow back.
- Anagen effluvium: Mostly due to cancer treatment, there is hair loss on scalp, body & face.
- Telogen effluvium: Widespread hair thinning may be due to many causes like hormonal imbalance, dieting, cancer, liver disease, stress, certain medications.
Hair fall is loss of hair due to a number of reasons. Hair fall can be limited to scalp or it can affect the entire body. Since most people associate hair fall with old age, poor self- image , it gets frustrating for both men and women. It can be a source of emotional, psychological and personal distress. Scalp full of dark thick hair is associated with beauty, youth, vigour. It gives you confidence and boosts your self esteem. Hair grows from hair follicle which is a part of skin. Hair follicle has other associated structure like small muscle called ‘arrector pili’, sebaceous glands (which secrete sebum) and apocrine sweat glands.
Phases of hair growth are:
- Anagen: It is the growing phase, where hair grows at an approximate speed of 1 cm a month.
- Catagen: It is the regressing phase. There is an arrest of active growth of hair follicle.
- Telogen: It is the resting phase. At this stage hair falls. Normally, up to hundred hairs may fall per day. 90% hair follicles are in anagen phase. It may take 3-4 months for a hair cycle to complete in case of scalp hair.
Loss of more than 100 - 150 hair a day can be clinically called hair loss and termed as 'telogen effluvium'. Disruption of this cycle causes loss of more hair than the number of hair growths. This causes thinning of hair. In males, most common Hair Fall is male pattern hair loss. The good news is that Homeopathy has an excellent success rate in the treatment of hair fall.
What happens during hair fall?
Following are symptoms of Hairfall:
- Thinning usually starts at top of the head and progress slowly
- Patches of hair fall can be circular but are usually coin shaped in different areas of scalp, beard, eyebrows
- Hair comes out easily on brushing, combing, washing
- Too many hairs on the pillow, bed sheet, comb
Symptoms associated with hair fall vary from case to case. That is why Homeopathy perfectly fits here because it treats the patient and not merely the disease. It follows constitutional approach.
What are the causes of hair fall?
- Genetics: Hairfall may run in families due to its genetic link.
- Fungal Infections: Infections such as tinea capitis can lead to it.
- Certain treatments: Cancer treatment like chemotherapy or radiotherapy can also lead to it, chemical treatment on hair (hair color, straightening & curling) Dandruff (Chemical treatment for the dandruff)
- Deficiencies: Iron deficiency can be another cause.
- Trauma sensations: Trauma caused by excess hair pull as in ponytails, violent hair brushing, heat styling, etc.
- Hormonal Imbalance: As seen in cases of hypothyroidism, PCOS, menopause, after pregnancy they can also lead to hair fall.
- Poor nutrition: Excessive dieting, less consumption of proteins and foods rich in vitamin E can be a cause.
- Stress: Stressful life events like loss of loved one.
Piles also known as haemorrhoids. It is a condition in which there is swelling and inflammation around the anus and in the lower rectum. It is a condition in which the person experiences extreme pain while pooping and there may also be blood in few cases. It is very common, both in men and women. There are as many as four types of piles, such as internal, external, protruding and blind piles. There are several factors, which cause piles such as:
- No physical activity
- Prolonged sitting with no movement
- Diet containing more fats and carbohydrates and less fibre content
- Excessive alcohol intake
- Chronic constipation
The signs and symptoms of piles may vary according to your type. The most common being severe pain with blood appearing along the passage of stool or on the tissue paper. If you are suffering from internal haemorrhoid it might protrude through the anus outside your body, which is extremely painful and irritating. In case of external haemorrhoids you might feel a hard and painful lump around the anus. Excessive rubbing and cleaning the area may also cause itchiness, pain and bleeding.
- Homeopathic medicine for piles with extreme pain: Aloe is one of the homeopathic medicines you should take if you suffer from piles with severe pain. It appears like a bunch of blue grapes around the anus. The condition is accompanied by tenderness and soreness around the region. If you feel extreme pain and soreness at the slightest touch then Muriatic Acid is extremely helpful. If you experience a burning sensation and the pain lasts for more than an hour after excretion, Ratanhia works pretty well.
- Homeopathic medicine for bleeding piles: Bleeding when passing stool is one of the very common sign of piles. Hamamelis and Phosphorus are both equally helpful in curing piles that bleeds and the blood is bright red in colour. Backache and extreme weakness are also accompanied with bleeding.
- Homeopathic medicine for the Blind Type piles: If your piles do not bleed and it is purple in colour along with hard and dry stool, Aesculus will work well for you.
- Homeopathic medicine for piles with constipation: Nux Vomica and Collinsonia are both effective in dealing piles with constipation. You pass hard and dry stool and it is always unsatisfactory.
The medicines mentioned in the article are only indicative in nature and should not be consumed without consulting a trained homeopathic doctor, as most of the times based on your symptoms and other underlying factors the doctor decides the right mix of 2 or 3 medicines along with the frequency of the medicine.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
By definition homeopathy is “the treatment of disease by minute doses of natural substances that in a healthy person would produce symptoms of disease.” (1) In other words, it’s an alternative medicinal practice that uses the smallest possible amount of an active ingredient in order to help treat or cure a disease, even if this same ingredient can contribute to an illness in the first place. Another way to put this concept: “like cures like”!
As of 2012, surveys showed that an estimated 5 million American adults and 1 million children used homeopathy in the previous year alone. Homeopathy dates back to the late 1700s, and today the World Health Organization recognizes it as “the second largest therapeutic system in use in the world.” (2)
Hundreds of different homeopathic remedies are now in existence. Homeopathic medicine comes from a range of natural substances, which can either be plant, mineral or animal-based. Examples of substances that a homeopathic doctor might use to treat a patient include: fresh or dried herbs, activated charcoal, vinegar, garlic, caffeine, mountain herbs, crushed bees, white arsenic, poison ivy and stinging nettle plants. These substances are extracted or processed in another way to create tablets, skin ointments, gels, drops or creams. (3)
Homeopathic medicine is considered to be a safe practice and remedies have been regulated by the FDA since the late 1980s. (4) While there’s been much debate in the medical community over the years regarding whether or not homeopathic medicines work, many patients are able to find relief from illnesses like food or seasonal allergies, insomnia, fatigue and so on using very small doses of natural, safe homeopathic solutions.
How Homeopathy Works
Wondering why it would be beneficial to use homeopathic substances to help treat an illness or health problem if the same substance seems to also contribute to illness? The idea is that this practice helps stimulate the immune system and the body’s natural ability to heal. As the School Of Homeopathy states, “that which a substance is capable of causing, it is also capable of curing.” (5)
One of the most important principles of homeopathic medicine is that treatments must be “individualized” and tailored to each person’s specific symptoms, history, body and needs. Even if two people are battling the same illness, they can receive completely different commendations from their homeopathic doctors based on their unique situation and how their body would be expected to respond.
What makes homeopathy very different from conventional medicine is that a patient’s emotions and personality are highly important. It’s common for a homeopathic doctor to talk in depth with a patient about their stress levels, relationships, personal characteristics, family and so on. Patients respond differently to a range of doses of homeopathic medicines, some needing much higher doses than others based on their current situation. Homeopathic remedies — whether adaptogen herbs, minerals, medicinal mushrooms or animal products, for example — are diluted to a certain potency depending on the patient’s needs, and the goal is to always use the minimum dose possible that will still offer benefits.
In addition to interviewing the patient, lab tests are also commonly carried out to help the homeopathic doctor learn about the patient’s condition. However, lab tests are not the end-all-be-all: they are always viewed in light of the patient’s symptoms and self-reported. Compared to simply taking blood, urine, hormone or other tests and then prescribing standard medications, the homeopathic doctor’s goal is to learn about the patient’s entire experience and expectations in order to help “holistically” in the most effective way possible.
Here are some key facts about homeopathy and an overview of how this system works:
- Homeopathic doctors first evaluate a patient and identify symptoms of an illness in order to “match” them with a remedy. Symptoms are usually graded depending on their intensity and frequency, and then specific remedies are assigned.
- Because homeopathy is a “holistic” practice, the patient’s entire lifestyle, habits and background are considered. There’s a very strong emphasis on emotional symptoms and conditions that might be contributing to an illness. For example, homeopathy takes into account that emotional stress can trigger tension headaches and a lack of sleep can contribute to digestive issues.
- A core belief in homeopathy is that mental and emotional symptoms are so important that they even outweigh many physical symptoms. The reason for this belief is that someone’s personality, beliefs and mental/emotional symptoms are characteristic of the entire individual and affects their ability to heal.
- Many homeopathic remedies have names written in Latin (after their animal, mineral or plant source) and are assigned a number and ratio to describe how strong the solution is.
- It’s common for homeopathic medicines to be called “tinctures” or “mother tinctures,” which are simply solutions made from either grinding, distilling or extracting active ingredients in to some sort of carrier (usually either alcohol or water).
- Based on the number of “potentization steps” needed, a homeopathic remedy is diluted to a certain degree and assigned based on intensity of symptoms. Decimal potency numbers or ratios are given to each remedy, in order to state the ratio of active chemical ingredients in relation to either water or alcohol.
- In homeopathic medicine, there is an important distinction between “potency” and “strength” of a remedy. A remedy is not always considered to be stronger or better if it’s more potent, since each person’s reaction to a potency will be different.
- Many homeopathic substances are capable of causing toxicity, poisoning or negative reactions if taken in high enough doses (like mercury, arsenic or even snake venom, for example). Therefore, very low doses are usually administered — even doses so low that the substance itself if practically unidentifiable due to be being heavily diluted.
Who Benefits from Homeopathy the Most?
Homeopathy has been used most widely in patients suffering from: (6)
- migraines and tension headaches
- anxiety disorders
- dermatitis and other skin disorders
- thyroid or autoimmune disorders
- digestive problems like irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
Effectiveness of homeopathy: wondering if homeopathy really works?
- At least 142 trials have been published in scientific journals regarding homeopathy. The School of Homeopathy has found that up to 85 percent of random-controlled trials demonstrate that homeopathy is more effective than placebo. (7)
- There have been five meta-analyses reviewing homeopathy trials to date, including one that appeared in the European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology in 2005. (8) Four analyses showed that overall homeopathy worked better than placebos.
- A six-year study released in 2005 from Bristol Homeopathic Hospital reported that 70 percent of 6,500 follow-up patients experienced improvement in their health after receiving homeopathic treatments.
Some speculate that homeopathy medicines are so diluted with water that they are incapable of having any effects. However, these remedies have been used for centuries and decades of anecdotal evidence shows that many people’s symptoms do, in fact, improve after receiving homeopathic medicines. It is true that because homeopathic treatments address many aspects of a patient’s life (emotional health, personality, eating habits and medical history), it can be very hard to measure progress and improvements.
Studies that have been done investigating homeopathy’s effects have been mixed overall: Some show effectiveness and reductions in symptoms, but others do not. According to a report published by Beth Israel Medical Center in New York City, several challenges exist regarding studies of homeopathy. One challenge is that to date there haven’t been many long-term, well-controlled clinical trials conducted investigating the effects of homeopathic treatments, especially compared to how many have been funded to study more traditional “Western medicines” — like antibiotics, vaccines and prescription drugs that the modern medical establishment advocates its patients take for illness rather than try any “alternative” medicine. Because of this, many homeopathic doctors claim that there isn’t enough evidence to rule out these remedies’ effectiveness without more well-controlled studies. (9)
One theory that’s presented by homeopathic doctors in response to the claim that homeopathic remedies are too diluted to even work is this: Even when a homeopathic remedy is very low in strength, it’s still possible for even a slight amount of the active ingredient to remain present and to have an effect on the patient. Homeopathic experts point to studies showing that water molecules can take on a physical form where extremely small particles of an active chemical, gas or certain types of light can become embedded and have an effect on the patient. This theory has not been fully proven, but some studies using methods like microscopy and spectroscopy have shown that active ingredients do remain even after much dilution.
5 Benefits of Homeopathy
1. All Aspects of an Individual Patient Are Considered
Homeopathy does not view an illness as just a collection of symptoms, but rather a reaction to a unique patient’s situation. Homeopathy treats all symptoms experienced by a patient including those that are “spiritual, emotional, mental and physical.” This means homeopathic treatments take into account things like chronic stress and beliefs about one’s ability to get better, which we now know are hugely important for overall health.
2. Low Doses of Natural Products Are Used
Homeopathic remedies are not made using man-made drugs or chemicals, but rather made from things found in nature like trace minerals and herbs. They are normally used in very low doses, and are “gentle, subtle and powerful.” Compared to prescription drugs they carry a very low risk for addiction and only very rarely cause any negative side effects.
3. Helps Treat Allergies & Asthma
Homeopathic treatment are used to treat allergies and asthma in a very similar way to conventional treatments, by giving a patient a small amount of the same substances that causes their allergies to begin with.
In one study conducted by researchers at the University of Glasgow in Scotland, 80 percent of asthma patients who received customized, very small “homeopathic” doses experienced significant relief and improvements in symptoms within the first week of treatment. Patients were given very small doses of substances that they were allergic to in order to stimulate the body’s immune system and help them heal. Compared to the homeopathic group, the control group receiving a placebo only experienced improvements about 38 percent of the time. (10)
4. Can Help Reduce Anxiety & Depression
Homeopathy is often used along with traditional forms of psychotherapy, such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, to help treat symptoms of mental disorders, including physical ailments. Many people with anxiety and depression experience problems like insomnia or trouble sleeping, fatigue, muscles aches, headaches and digestive upset. A homeopathic doctor addresses all symptoms associated with mental disorders, both physical and emotional, which can help a patient recover faster.
A 2006 meta-analysis done by the School of Integrated Health in London investigated homeopathy’s effectiveness for anxiety and found that “several observational studies reported positive results including high levels of patient satisfaction.” (11) However, these studies are not well-controlled and some lack randomization and a control group, which makes it hard for researchers to draw definitive conclusions.
Overall, surveys suggest that homeopathy is quite frequently used by people suffering from anxiety and offers many patients benefits with very little risk, but more qualitative studies are still needed to confirm this finding.
5. Helps Control Pain
Certain studies have found that people suffering from chronic pain can benefit from homeopathic treatments, without the need for risky procedures or medications.
One controlled, randomized prospective study involving 43 patients suffering from chronic lower back pain assessed symptoms at the beginning and end of an 18.5 month period. During the trial period, patients received homeopathic therapy based on their unique symptoms. The results were statistically evaluated and showed that at the end of treatment, many patients experienced a significant decrease in pain.
The conclusion of the study was that further research would need to be done to confirm these findings, but that “homeopathy was well accepted by most of the patients…nothing can be said against attempting treatment of chronic low back pain by means of homeopathy.” (12)
Homeopath Vs. Naturopath: How Are They Different?
Both homeopathy and naturopathy are complementary (or alternative) health care modalities that are practiced by thousands of trained practitioners around the world. Today “naturopathy” is used mostly as a broader, umbrella term for many different types of natural or holistic therapies, including: acupuncture and other Traditional Chinese Medicine practices, herbal medicine, massage, nutrition, Ayurveda and also homeopathy. (13)
Like homeopathy, naturopathy is based on using nature as a source of healing. The American Association of Naturopathic Physicians states that naturopathy “combines the wisdom of nature with the rigors of modern science”. (14) Naturopaths usually give their patients dietary advice, supplement recommendations and herbal medicines to try, sometimes along with prescription medications.
Some medical doctors choose to practice both conventional medicine and homeopathy or naturopathy simultaneously. Between the two practices, naturopaths are more likely to be qualified as medical doctors and considered “General Practitioners.” Qualifications differ from state to state, but most states require that naturopaths receive a four-year degree similar to one that would be obtained through medical school. Naturopathic physicians typically work in private practices, hospitals, clinics and community health centers.
Overall, these two modalities have a lot in common and tend to overlap, but naturopaths usually use many natural treatments in their practice, while homeopaths more commonly only use homeopathic medicines.
History of Homeopathy
The practice of homeopathy has been around for more than 200 years and is still practiced in one form or another in nearly every country on earth today. The creation of homeopathy dates back to a man named Samuel Hahnemann, who in 1796 used ideas originating from Ancient Greek medicinal practitioners to form his theory of homeopathic medicine.
His philosophy and practice were based on the idea that the body has the ability to heal itself naturally, and that symptoms are its way of showing a patient what’s wrong and going on internally. Homeopathy is, therefore, different than conventional medicine because it views symptoms of illness as normal responses from the body as it attempts to regain health.
Symptoms are viewed as “messengers” and are meant to be interpreted, in addition to being treated. At the time of his original work, Hahnemann didn’t base his theory on many scientific studies or facts, but rather on his own logic, observations of patients and reasoning. The laws of homeopathy originally devised by Hahnemann are still in use by homeopaths practicing around the world today.
Precautions Regarding Homeopathy
Potential Risks & Side Effects:
Most homeopathic remedies are highly diluted and, therefore, very low-risk, but some might be mislabeled and problematic when used in high doses. Always read directions carefully and check for the species name of the active ingredients. It’s possible that certain homeopathic products may cause side effects or drug interactions, so if you take other prescriptions consider only taking remedies under the supervision of a doctor.
According to The U.S. Department of Health & Human Service, the biggest risk seems to come from taking remedies made with heavy metals like mercury or iron. Liquid homeopathic remedies can also contain alcohol and caffeine, so shouldn’t be taken by pregnant women or those with sensitivities unless under supervision. While homeopathic remedies are regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the FDA does not evaluate the remedies for safety or effectiveness.
One thing to be aware of is that some homeopathic practitioners expect some of their patients to experience “homeopathic aggravation.” This is a temporary worsening of existing symptoms, that is usually goes away once the patient starts to heal. If you’re ever concerned that you’re having negative reactions, visit a doctor and talk about all medicines and supplements you’re taking.
Final Thoughts On Homeopathy
- Homeopathy dates back to the 18th century and is a holistic medicinal practice that uses low doses of natural substances to help improve the body’s natural healing abilities
- Patients suffering from arthritis, allergies, astham, anxiety, depression and digetive issues might be able to find releif from visting a homeopath
- Many clinical trials and studies have found that homeopathic remedies work better than placebos, but there are challenges regarding a high percentage of these studies and more research is still needed
- Overall the risk of homeopathic remedies is very low, as these substances are considered mostly safe, are easy to use and are non-addictive like many prescriptions
I have pimples on my forehead and few acne, these pimples come one by one. As long as one is recover, second comes out .this is happening with me since last year .need valuable suggestions.
Asthma is a chronic respiratory condition. In asthma, the airway routes of the lungs get swollen. This causes irritation and gives rise to swelling inside these routes. For some people, a chilly climate comes with its own share of troubles and pain. Individuals who are sensitive to chilly temperatures are significantly influenced by this season. Various climate extremes and changing temperatures affect their health. For those who are hypersensitive to dust, their condition tends to rise during certain weather conditions. Their symptoms include coughing, sniffling, stuffiness and even breathing problems. It is an undeniable issue that can pose serious danger to the person’s health.
Homeopathic solutions for asthma and these allergic conditions are exceptionally powerful and can cure them during any season. Yet, these medicines must necessarily be prescribed by a doctor. Homeopathic drugs are normal prescriptions and work by directing the immune system, which generally tend to be distinctly over-reactive during allergies and asthma. These are as follows:
- Arsenic album: It is one of the best homeopathic medicines for asthma due to anxiety, especially when there is extreme anxiety and uneasiness with cough and wheezing. The person cannot find a comfortable position and continues twisting and turning. The patients experience increased thirst yet only drink a little at once. Breathing becomes more difficult at midnight and resting is troublesome as they cannot inhale and feel choked.
- Ipecac: It is one of the best homeopathic solutions for asthma with nausea. In case of vomiting with asthma attacks, Ipecac is one of the best homeopathic solutions for that. There is steady nausea to such an extent that the person may feel nauseated all the time.
- Antim tart: It is one of the best homeopathic medicines for breathing allergies with coughing. In situations where there is rattling cough as though the chest is filled with mucous, Antim tart is one of the best homeopathic medications for asthma. Even eating activates the cough. There is sluggishness and weakness. It is more suited for old individuals and young kids.
- Nux vomica: It is one of the best homeopathic medicines for breathing problems from gastric aggravation. In situations where the asthmatic attack is activated by gastric aggravation, Nux vomica is one of the best homeopathic solutions. The issue is probably going to be more terrible in the morning. There is a feeling of being full in the stomach alongside asthma. There is dry and continuous coughing.
- Carbo veg: It is one of the best homeopathic medications for asthma with blueness of the face. At the point when the face of the patient gets to be distinctly somewhat blue alongside an asthmatic attack, Carbo veg is one of the best homeopathic medications. There is coldness of the hands and feet. Stomach problems may happen with the respiratory indications. The issue gets worse at night.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!