Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vaishali Deshmukh
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vaishali DeshmukhYour feedback matters!
Doctor is good but I had booked appointment 12pm which was not considered & I had to stay till 3 PM for my turn. She said she don’t take online appointments
We are satisfied and counsultation was proper. Only after getting appointment on 6.4.18 ,@1.00 pm we were in que and met Doctor after 3.30 pm
During the winter season, cold is very easy to catch. However, here are some effective ways with which, you can beat the winter cold:
- Dress in layers. Clothing needs to be of common materials that can keep you warm and channel sweat. Silk and cotton are great decisions.
- Pick your game and fitness clothing carefully so that you do not risk hypothermia – i.e. a body temperature that sinks a lot outside – nor should it be too warm.
- Ensure you have your gloves, cap, and good quality shoes on in chilly climate, as warmth escapes through the body's furthest points.
- Cold weather food
- Icy immunity boosters are great to battle colds and flus. These build up resistance by giving more access to vegetables and organic product in this season.
- Vitamins and minerals are natures' own immunity boosters and help avoid illness.
- Ginger, chili, garlic and turmeric have characteristics that are hostile to disease-containing bacteria. Zinc and Vitamin C are great icy preventers as well.
- Get into juicing and blend organic products, vegetables and fruits.
- Moderate cooking is another incredible approach to intake the healthy properties of vegetables in this season.
- Begin your day by changing your breakfast to a hot porridge sprinkled with cinnamon, granola and berries. Hot breakfast keeps you warm from within, discharges the bad bacteria and gives you energy. If in a rush, try oats. This formula is easy and healthy.
- Cold germs can hit you in case you do not wash your hands, or clean out your nose.
- Always carry hankies and clean your nose when you sneeze to ensure your nose remains dry.
- Make a point to discard the utilised cloth filled with bacteria as quickly as time allows. The key here is to not touch your eyes or nose, and to quickly use a hand sanitiser so that you keep away from germs.
- Wash your hands regularly. Get a hand sanitiser additionally and utilise it whenever you sneeze or touch something you have sneezed on.
- Beyond any doubt, you need to avoid germs by rinsing with Listerine or any other similar mouthwash.
- Watch your drink
- Begin your day with a glass of water with lemon. Carry a water bottle with yourself throughout the day and keep yourself hydrated. Winters can make you feel like you are not thirsty, so make sure you drink at least six glasses of water each day.
- Dry air, dried out bodies and frosty germs do not blend well and you will probably get a bug by not drinking enough. Hot dairy beverages are enticing; however, not as good as plain water.
- Avoid liquor as it does not blend with cool climate and your veins become larger. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My mother is 45 now. Her uric acid has increased and it became 5.05.will it be harmful？？which food and vegetable she have to avoid？？？suggest please.
Diabetes refers to a medical condition where the glucose level in your blood increases. It usually happens if there is an excess amount of glucose in your body and your body is unable to utilize it efficiently. In this condition your pancreas either stops producing insulin or fails to produce the requisite amount and hence prevents glucose from entering the cells of your body. This in turn affects your blood glucose level. Millions of people around the globe are affected by diabetes irrespective of their gender or age.
For most people diabetes is generally a lifelong medical condition and can affect your health seriously if it gets severe. There are many stages and types of diabetes, such as Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes, Gestational diabetes, Pre-diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus and Diabetes Insipidus. Not all diabetes can be prevented but some of the above mentioned ones can be prevented with proper care. Below mentioned are eight tips to prevent diabetes-
1. Eating the right portion: The primary key for preventing diabetes is choosing the right amount of food. Eating the right portions can help you to stay away from diabetes. Consider seeking advice from a nutritionist or dietician for knowing the exact portion size you should eat according to your age.
2. Exercise on a regular basis: Exercising regularly for at least half an hour a day can help you to prevent diabetes. You may consider walking or running exercises.
3. Choose the right food: Opt for whole grains as this can help you to maintain your blood sugar level and keep diabetes at bay. Also, try and avoid red meat as it contains high levels of iron which can affect insulin production and increase your chances of developing diabetes.
4. Get rid of obesity: If your BMI is more than thirty then you are suffering from obesity. Obesity increases your chances of developing diabetes. So in order to prevent diabetes you should work at maintaining a balanced weight.
5. Avoid carbonated drinks: Carbonated drinks contain high levels of sugar. This can increase your chances of developing diabetes. So you should try and avoid drinks like colas.
Following the above mentioned tips can help you to avert diabetes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My blood report says my TSH is 8.15 I. E. It is hyperthyroidism, please suggested allopathic drug with its brand name and MCG.
An easy to make recipe which taken regularly helps manage blood sugar levels. The antioxidant property of amla helps boost immunity and metabolism.
I am a male of 61 years. I experience difficulty in recollecting matters handled/things kept in last 15-20 days. I do suffer from diabetes which is under check and also hypertension. Reason for above difficulty? Remedy?
Prevention is better than cure, and this is the absolute truth when it comes to battling Diabetes
If you want to prevent Diabetes from occurring within in your family and friends than you should understand and remember the basics of it.
Diabetes mellitus is neither a singular nor isolated form of occurrence. It a group of diseases, marked by high blood sugar levels which occurs when our body is unable to produce and utilize insulin optimally. Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas and it is important to maintain blood sugar.
Common symptoms of Diabetes include
1. Increased thirst and Urination
2. Increased Hunger
3. Weight loss
5. Blurred Vision
6. Extreme craving (for fatty and sugary food items)
Uncontrolled Diabetes can lead to complications such as Blindness, Loss of Memory, Kidney malfunction, Fatty Liver, Heart Disease, Nerve Damage leading to Amputations.
Type 2 Diabetes is most common variety. it develops when the body fails to utilize the insulin properly and is most commonly now found in overweight children.
Here are 5 ways you can prevent it
1. Curb it young: Forget the myth that children cannot get diabetes. Today, children as young as 12 years of age are suffering from Type 2 Diabetes. Introduce a healthy diet routine for the children as well as for adults in the family. Children are known to emulate what they learn from their elders and thus it is imperative that inculcate healthy eating habits in them right from childhood.
2. Stay Stress-free: Reduce stress in daily life. Stress causes sudden surges in insulin levels.
3. Workout: Exercising regularly helps to keep diabetes at bay.
4. Say No to junk food: Keep Junk Foods restricted to once or maybe twice a month. These days almost all restaurants offer healthy but tasty options to choose from and therefore family or business outings can no longer be an excuse to indulge in heavy, calorific food that is devoid of any real nutrition.
5. Mind your weight: If you are more than 5 Kgs overweight, then please consider going on a diet immediately to reduce sugar levels in your body. Not only would you feel more energetic but also more ‘alive!’
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.