Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M. Dixit
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. M. DixitYour feedback matters!
I have a unstoppable urge of pulling my own hair but I control it most of the time what should I do to stop this urge?
Please doctor help me I have ocd and how the natural relief medicine for it plz help me and tell your suggestion.
I am 38 year old suffering from bipolar disorder and on lithium for the last 2 months. Is there any chance of me getting fully cured and how long I have to be on medicine. Is there any chance of this going to my kids.
I am getting married with my 11 years long time boyfriend but after hearing the good news I am not that happy which I had dreamt of. Is it because of anxiety or is there any serious issue?
Hello Doctor My cousin drinks a lot of alcohol. Please suggest how do he needs to stop drinking completely. Thank you.
Manic depression, also known as bipolar disorder in recent days, is a major mood disorder characterized by hypomanic or manic episodes (deviation from one's usual mood along with abnormally high energy levels). Mania involves sleeplessness, along with psychosis, hallucinations, rage, grandiose delusions or paranoia. Mania or hypomania isn’t usually harmful to the patient and they might exhibit increased capacity for work and creativity. Depressive episodes however, can be debilitating and often life threatening as the person becomes self-destructive and suicidal in many instances.
The extent of mood swings can vary from extreme to very mild. They can occur progressively or suddenly and might last for few days to weeks. Patients affected by bipolar disorder may experience disturbances in thinking apart from depressive or manic episodes. Distortions of perception and impaired social functioning are also not uncommon. The cause of bipolar disorder is not fully understood like most mental health conditions and is often thought to be hereditary.
The extent of the seriousness of the bipolar symptoms varies from person to person. In some people, the disorder is not full blown and they don’t exhibit all the symptoms. Others who aren’t that lucky might have to be hospitalized multiple times in their lives as the symptoms creep into their work and personal life and make living a normal life a tough challenge.
Psychotic symptoms such as disorganized thinking, hallucinations and delusions might make a person do things that demand the urgency of hospitalization to keep them safe from their suicidal impulses. These symptoms might need to be urgently addressed by a psychiatrist and with the help of medications, the person might be able to regain control of their lives.
The symptoms of bipolar disorder are many and can be mainly categorized into two (sometimes overlapping) categories of mania or hypomania and depression:
Manic symptoms include:
- Grandiose delusions (delusion of grandeur)
- Racing thoughts which are often disconnected
- Sense of euphoria or false elation
- Irritability without cause
- Hampered social functioning
- Increased sexual inclination and risky sexual behavior
- Increase in talking volume or speed
- Impaired judgment
- Reduced sleep requirements owing to extra energy levels
- Increased productivity and creativity
Depressive symptoms include:
- Abnormal eating patterns like over or under-eating to the extent of severe medical complications accompanied by drastic changes in weight
- Difficulty in concentration, making decisions and remembering
- Lack of energy or fatigue
- Contemplating about death for prolonged periods of time and suicidal behavior
- Oversleeping, insomnia or early awakening
- Persistent pessimism
- Irritability and restlessness
- Feeling of hopeless and negative attitude
Mood stabilizers, such as lithium are commonly employed to treat bipolar disorder. Anticonvulsants, benzodiazepines and anti psychotics can also be used in the treatment. Along with medications, support from family and friends is of the utmost importance as they need to help provide all the support required in making the person functional and healthy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 27 years old I have mental problem. I always think negative, For that I am always feel depressed.
I suffered from depression one month ago but with the help of my family and my psychiatrist I came out of the depression now I am OK but I am fearing about my self that I am going to depression again. So please give me a good suggestion to prevent my depression. Really depression is dangerous I don't want to feel that again and again 5 years back also I suffered from depression and I tried to kill myself. My age is 19 years.
Stress affects every aspect of our lives. It does not allow you to think or focus on anything else, tempts you to binge eat and takes control of your lifestyle. Stress can also cause severe health problems that can result in heart disease. Thus it is very necessary to learn how to control and manage stress. Managing your stress effectively can help you cope with it better and let your remain in control of your life.
Homeopathy is based on the belief that the mind and body are connected. Thus by treating one, the other can benefit as well. Thus when prescribing a form of treatment for any health condition, attention is always paid to the mental state of the patient. Homeopathy can be very effective in treating and controlling stress and stress related problems. When treating stress with homeopathy, it is essential to first understand the cause of stress.
Some common homeopathic remedies for stress are:
- Arsenic album: This is usually prescribed to people who are generally anxious and nervous. People affected by the stress of being late for an event or meeting can also be given this remedy to ease the stress. Patients who benefit from this form of treatment are also often hypochondriacs who constantly feel that every minor symptom is a sign of a major illness.
- Bryonia: This is very effective remedy for all kinds of stress. It can also be used to treat stress triggered by uncertainty at the workplace and insecurity about not having enough money even though they work very hard.
- Calcarea carbonica: This is also a common homeopathic remedy for work place related stress. People who are concerned about being observed or stressed by an upcoming deadline can be benefited by this medication. This type of stress can commonly be seen at the time of appraisals.
- Staphysagria: People who are extremely sensitive and feel that the world is unjust and unfair to them cab be benefited by Staphysagria. This is often faced by children bullied in school and people in corporate work environments. Staphysagria boosts confidence levels and thus makes the person feel less vulnerable.
- Ignatia: Emotional stress is very well treated by Ignatia. This homeopathic remedy addresses feelings of disappointment and guilt and stress that follows an emotional loss such as the loss of a loved one or breaking up for a relationship. It also fights the desire to withdraw from family and friends and moodiness.