Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M. Dixit
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. M. DixitYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year young start working in a bank. presently I am facing a problem of short memory. I forget things very soon. Because of that I have to put so much pressure on my mind and feeling meantly tiered after that. I am feeling difficulty to remember very basic things. In one rime I can't learn one thing like my other friends of same age-group. After going through same thing 2 or 3 times then it enters in my mind. So please sugest it is a problem or common. Please suggest any remedy.
Hi Please help me I am suffering from stress and indigestion ,bloating for more than 2 months and some erection problem due to stress, anxiety. Which doctor should I consult, psychiatrist or sexologist (for indigestion) my physician not able to do treatment pls help me which doctor should I see.
My problem is that I Can not Able To Wakeup early And If I Do Then negative Thoughts Come To My mind. And when I wakeup early afer 5 minutes I again fall asleep to avoid negative atmosphere. So by this I sleep daily 10 to 11 hours And Then feel guilty. And there is not anything that m scared of in my life I hav happy life but still this happen to me what is this why can not I able to wake up early? Only things which I want in morning is bed and at that time negative dreams also come to my mind. So if I sleep negative dreams comes and if I wake up then I feel negative and again fall asleep what is the matter with me?
Dark chocolate is considered to be a great stress buster as it uplifts the mood but I heard Chocolates is contained with caffeine and that causes through anxieties? What about Coffee and Tea also will that cause anxieties?
Depression can wreak havoc in anyone’s life. It not only brings relentless hopelessness, but can also alter the life of a person. The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) reveals that more than 7% of young adults suffer from depression without their knowledge.
The cardinal symptoms of depression include feeling sad or disinterested in his or her surroundings for most of the time during the day. This may happen with or without nay stressor. Depression is also characterised by changes in day to day routines like having lack of sleep or more sleep, loss of appetite or eating more than needed, not getting happiness of previously pleasurable activities, getting annoyed and irritated easily, having abrupt mood swings, having feelings of helplessness, hopelessness, worthlessness, having death wishes and ideas for committing suicide etc.
If a person deals with the below mentioned symptoms for more than once a week, it is wise to visit a psychiatrist in order to treat it.
- Eating irregularities: Loss of appetite is very common in those suffering from depression. A person might find himself withdrawn most of the time. This results in loss of interest in cooking or eating. Too many negative thoughts can curb hunger, resulting in weakness. On the other hand, depression can also lead to overeating. Affinity towards caffeine, chocolates, and ice cream dramatically increases. Studies have shown that these food items can give a soothing feeling. This being said, they are also responsible for weight gain in a person in a very short span of time.
- Sleeping irregularities: A depressed person might find himself sleeping too much or too little. The disengagement from daily lives and sudden energy drop makes a person fatigued for the better half of the day, resulting in more sleep. This also serves as an escape mechanism for many. There is also the other lot who can hardly sleep due to depression. Irrational thinking and a sense of vengeance can cause this problem. This is a far worse problem. Lack of minimum amount of sleep can disturb the body’s internal clock, resulting in fatigue and tiredness.
- Frequent agitation: If your friends complain of frequent snapping and agitation from your end, you might be suffering from depression. A load of heavy emotion results into frequent mood swings and force a person to behave irrationally. The sense of understanding and empathy tends to take a back seat and gets replaced by irritation and pain during this phase. A person can find himself on the edge with small and little things.
- Challenge in concentrating: Forgetting a deadline or losing focus in work is a common tendency witnessed if faced with depression. Concentrating on a job becomes a major challenge. Since the mind is preoccupied with negative thoughts, a person portrays risky behaviour and poor decision-making. Reiteration of the same thoughts can make concentration extremely challenging for a person suffering from depression.
- Hard to enjoy a hobby: If a person finds it difficult to enjoy things he previously loved doing, he might be suffering from depression. Depression makes it difficult for a person to seek pleasure in fun activities. It creates a vicious cycle of despair and loneliness. Isolation from any company is what a patient of depression longs for. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a and ask a free question.
Over the years, Infidelity has surfaced as the single most common reason that has the ability to shatter and dismantle a perfectly happy relationship. Infidelity can occur in any and every form of relationship and in each of them it is deemed as unacceptable and uncalled for. Lack of affection has been generally identified as the primary cause why people stray. However there are other reasons too that cause infidelity. Some of them are:
- Bad judgment: The person who is held responsible for going astray may actually be the victim of bad judgement and an impulsive decision. There may not be anything wrong with the marriage but momentary attraction and a rash decision are possible reasons that lead a person astray.
- Search for an emotional connect: A lack of emotional connect with the partner can be a possible reason for infidelity. An unquenchable thirst for attention and the need to be flattered as well finding an emotional connect with a new person causes infidelity. Though the most common and devastating outcome of infidelity is the end of a relationship.
There are ways one that helps one to overcome infidelity. Some of them are as follows:
- Ending the affair immediately: The first and foremost step that you must take in overcoming infidelity is to end the affair immediately. If your relationship is important to you, then it would require your complete investment both physically and emotionally. You must snap all contacts with the other person and concentrate on rebuilding your relationship with renewed faith and trust.
- Open discussion: If you want the relationship to work then you must have a completely free and open discussion with your partner. Coming clean about your past affair is imperative if you want to begin anew. Your partner deserves a complete, honest discussion and you must do it delicately and with a lot of care.
- Willingness to compromise: Beginning a relationship after confessing about the past relationships requires a lot of hard work and compromises. It will take a long time for the relationship to be what it was before the infidelity and you should take complete responsibility for it as well have a willingness to compromise on certain issues.
- Marriage therapy: Apart from attempts to amend yourself, you can also use the help of a marriage therapist. A marriage counselor or a therapist through prolonged discussions and sound counsels can avert the possible ending of the relationship.
I was in a relationship with a Muslim girl. After a steady relationship of six months , she broke up with me. Since then I have almost become mad without her. Different symptoms of ecstasy like shedding of tears, bodily hairs standing erect ,horripilation manifested in my body. I went into severe depression. I cannot forget her. Please help me. I am in very need of help. I have dealt with many counsellors ,psychologists but nothing helped me. Please help me.
I was a smoke for my past last 1 year and now I suddenly quit its been past 2 days and I am feeling very low and depressed what should I do?
I am having agoraphobia I take lonazep medication as an when required. Have take cbt sessions (counselling) I want to know does homeopathy medication is there which can help me.
Every now and then we come across workplace sexual harassment cases in India, and each time a company, industry or even state comes under the spotlight. Unfortunately, sexual harassment in offices has become a concerning trend which can happen to both women as well as men. It can be in the form of unwanted physical conduct, verbal abuse or suggestive language, or suggestive text messages or videos and such.
Generally, an employee might be threatened with some form of punishment unless sexual favors are granted, embraced, proposed for an affair, sent obscene phone calls or even subjected to sex-stereotyped jokes in cases of sexual harassment. The harassment can take other forms as well.
Some official sexual harassment cases have rocked India since quite a long time. In one, a lady professional had accused her well-known boss of touching her inappropriately at a party, though the accused wasn’t jailed.
In another instance, a very capable executive was accused of sexual harassment by his secretary, and had to resign. There was yet again a case where a female employee was harassed for three years by her superior. In some instances, out of court settlements resolved the issue too.
Two men had once accused a very famous Indian citizen of sexually controlling and harassing them in the name of professionalism, while the honchos of many reputed companies continue to appear in the news for lewd behavior and even rape.
Effects on victims
Irrespective of the fact whether the victim is a man or a woman, sexual harassment in offices can lead to various psychological disorders such as depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, increased blood pressure, sleep related problems, suicidal tendencies and physical aches or pain. The self confidence and willpower of the victim is often shattered. Hence, it’s crucial to know how to deal with such harassment.
Tips to help you deal with sexual harassment
Clearly tell the perpetrator that his or her advances are unwelcome. Say 'NO' firmly, but politely, or send a text message or email if you are not comfortable with a direct confrontation. Save the message as proof.
Make notes of where, when and how the harassment happened and who else was present there.
Inform or share the incident with another colleague you trust about the harassment, or friends and family members.
Save all the work you do and all official communications in case the perpetrator decides to question your performance.
Take your HR department or another senior into your confidence and provide proper evidence like text messages, videos or voice recordings as evidence. The HR is actually bound to address the issue.
Don’t expect all your colleagues or teammates to support or believe you. This might happen, especially if the harasser is a superior.
Try your best to avoid the perpetrator, or keep a discreet recording device handy, if you are unable to avoid. At least make one co-worker your witness, if you fear harassment might occur again.
Make a police report if the problem is grave, or consult a lawyer who deals with such cases.
Don’t be shy; it will simply feed the harasser’s ego. Practice assertive responses, if need be. And never ignore any sexual harassment incident.
Your mental health is important
As a sexual harassment victim, it’s natural to have many questions, doubts, and fears. Don’t be afraid to consult a psychologist to process feelings like shame, confusion, rage, guilt or isolation after a traumatic experience. If you ignore these feelings, they might come back to you on a later date and affect your normal life. Finally, believe in yourself and know that you are right. If you are confident, your workplace will become a better place for you.
* This health tip is only for educational purpose and cannot be used as a medical / legal document or proof.