Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Hemant DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
Me and my partner had unprotected sex but I came outside her vagina. According to her 1 or 2 drops went inside her but she washed it with water throughout. Does that work or does she have to take a contraceptive pill?
She is pregnant since 7 months. Suddenly she started crying. The was having a great pain and there was a blood flowing. What to do.
I had sex with my bf but does not feel painful n I have not bleed is this means I am virgin please reply clearly I lost my virginity or not.
I am 24 years old female. I have a gynecological problem. I am suffering from abnormal white discharge and there is strong foul, fishy smell in vagina. I am worried if I am suffering from std.
Menstruation is the monthly discharge of blood from the vagina, which lasts for about 5 to 6 days. It is the shedding of the inner lining of the uterus, when pregnancy does not occur after the release of egg from the ovary. Menstrual periods are generally often accompanied by painful cramps in the lower abdomen, heavy bleeding, weakness, water retention, irritability and malaise.
What is Menorrhagia?
Very heavy or prolonged periods are medically termed as menorrhagia. It is abnormally heavy bleeding if there is a requirement to change sanitary napkins or tampons several times within a very short span of time. Passing large blood clots, night time bleeding, bleeding for over 7 -8 days, are other symptoms that one might be suffering from menorrhagia.
Common Causes Behind It
Menorrhagia is mostly a cause of hormonal imbalances, particularly in the levels of estrogens and progesterone.
Fibroids, cysts or polyps in the organs of the reproductive system, which includes the uterus, ovaries or fallopian tubes.
History of miscarriage or failed pregnancies.
Use of contraceptives
How can you treat heavy bleeding during menses
Change of diet: You must include more minerals, iron, magnesium and calcium in your diet. Your diet must comprise a lot of green vegetables, fresh fruits and dairy products.
Some non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen may be prescribed to reduce the blood loss.
Certain hormonal therapies to regulate the hormonal imbalances and menstrual irregularities.
Home remedies such as intake of certain herbs, ginger and coriander seeds help to control heavy bleeding.
Increasing magnesium intake to balance out levels of oestrogen.
It is best to stick to natural remedies, as it generally does not create complications in other bodily functions.
If the bleeding cannot be controlled even after a change of diet and home remedies, you must consult the gynaecologist as soon as possible. Heavy bleeding is a serious problem, especially if accompanied by dizziness, fluctuations in the blood pressure, nausea and weight loss. Severe cramps and constant bleeding can hinder daily routine, therefore, the earlier you receive medical attention, the quicker you will get relief.
My girlfriend doesn't get wet. She keeps dry all the time? Why is that so? She gets turned on goosebumps and the feel. But her vagina is always dry. No flow of the lubricant.
I am 22 years old and suffereing from pcod. I usually take contraceptive fr cycle as per doc guidance. My height is 4'11 and weight is around 65. How can I get rid of it. Please help. I am having this problem from past 2 years.
My friend is married and she has a 3 years son. Actually post pregnancy her periods are regular, but it is only for 2 days. Is she having any problems as her periods are for only 2 days or this is normal. please suggest.
The first trimester of pregnancy (i. E. The first three months) is a very crucial time as this the time when your baby grows at a faster rate than at any other stage. Eating right is what you should be doing during such a time in your life as your body can make use of the energy and nutrients to build the body of your baby as well as to keep you strong. During the first trimester of your pregnancy, you should be including these 6 foods in your diet to provide you and your child with all the vital nutrients.
1. Spinach: high in folic acid, also known as folate (a form of vitamin b), consumption of spinach during these first few months (as well as before pregnancy) is extremely vital. It can help in preventing the occurrence of neural tube defects or birth defects pertaining to your baby's brain and spine.
2. Citrus fruits: your first-trimester diet should also consist of an adequate amount of citrus fruits. High in vitamin C, you should have at least 1 citrus fruit every day. If you prefer to take these fruits in juice form, you should restrict it to only 1 cup a day. This is because juices are high in calories and low in fibre, and, therefore, do not deliver on the fibre component.
3. Nuts: during this period your protein requirements also increase and it is advised that you have about 60 gm or more of protein every day. Nuts such as walnuts, almonds, cashews and pistachios are known to have healthy amounts of fibre, fats and protein. A study conducted by the Harvard medical school suggests that eating nuts can help in preventing allergies in children.
4. Eggs: in addition to helping you meet your protein requirements, eggs can also be an excellent source of vitamin d and calcium. The last two elements are extremely vital for your baby as they help in developing its bones.
5. Beans: providing you with necessary protein and fibre as well as helping you to deal with constipation, beans are must-haves during this period. Eating this fibre-rich food will ensure your bowel is functioning properly, thereby reducing your likelihood of developing constipation and even haemorrhoids (swollen veins of the anal and rectal region).
6. Yoghurt: a good source of calcium, having a cup of yoghurt every day will provide your baby with the calcium that it needs to grow and that you need to keep your bones strong. More importantly, by doing so, it'll prevent your baby from drawing calcium from your bones, leading to a deterioration of your bone health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Broccoli’s demand as well as availability has increased a lot in India since past few years. It is one super food which is packed with highest nutritional value. It can be made into soups, salads or tossed with other vegetables.
5 Health reasons to have broccoli regularly.
1) Anti-Cancer Properties - Cruciferous vegetables are nutrition powerhouses and broccoli is one of them. It lowers the risk of lung and colon cancer. The compound called sulforaphane, which gives the bitter taste to broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables is what is believed to give this vegetable the power to fight cancer. Broccoli also contains folate which is known to decreases chances of breast cancer in women.
2) Bone Health - Broccoli has high content of vitamin K which is good for bone health. One can get more than their daily requirement of vitamin K in just a cup of chopped broccoli.
3) Glowing Skin - Broccoli has vitamin C which is ideal for fighting skin damages caused due to pollution and sun, and takes care of overall texture of the skin.
4) Good Digestion - Broccoli has natural fiber which assists in preventing constipation, lowers the risk of colon cancer and helps maintain a healthy digestive tract.
5) Immunity building - Broccoli included in your regular diet ensures a boost to your immune system. Also present in it are magnesium and calcium which help regulate blood pressure.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Mera tsh test me result 4.32 ml hai. Mera urin test bhi nomal hai or blood test v normal hai. Uterus ka size v normal hai. Bs right ovary 12 cc or left ovary 11 cc or small cysts hai. Mera blood group B+ hai. Or height 5 ft 2 inch hai or weight 58 kg hai Kya mai pregnant ho sakti hu. Or cysts khatam ho sakta hai kya. Mai avi tretment k taur pe ovral l 21. Period ko regular karne k liye. Pehtab d tab. Fynal oz. M2 tone syp. Le rahi hu taqi .2 se 3 mahine baad prehnancy k liye try karu.
My wife is 19 week 5 day pregnant based on her LMP and have undergone her first FWB Sonography yesterday. As per USG Scan she is only 17 week 2 days pregnant, Heart rate of baby is 154 and her weight is 241.07 gm. What does this difference mean? Is this growth ok or is something abnormal?
I hav pcod. Using clomid for 3 cycles my husband reports are fine. My Amh, lh,fsh, levels are fine. Done hsg this month reports are normal, bt I'm not conceiving. What's the problem.
I. Had miscarriage last month in june. The next month in July doctor had done my ovulation study again all was gud egg we're also released and the size of egg was Also gud it was 22 and after that she told me to get test on 16 the Aug. But on 13 the Aug I saw blooding. I thought it would be bcs of having sex. But my blooding goes continue as period I am worried. It dis is actually period or something else.
Hi my friend love to do oral sex with his wife. He told me the story of her sex with her wife. I want to do same. So my question is licking my wife ass or vagina is fine or not. As I searched the videos it's sows normal. Can I try with my wife as well.
Hey doc. On October I had sex with prostitute in delhi with condom and it doesn't break. Now it's March and on 6/march/17 I went for hiv1&2 antibody test (RAPID test) And got negative (NON reactive) so did I have to take more test or not please help me I'm feeling very worry. Please help me.
Hello respected doctor, my wife is pregnant and in sixth month of pregnancy.. She doesn't feel hungry.. And not take meals on time. She eat very less. What should we do for healthy baby? Thnx..
I am trying to conceive but unfortunately every time I fail to do so. I am worried about it. Its one year completion of my marriage.
His sex drive is less and now I don't care much either
Q: Hi, I’m 40 and married at 20 years. I have a stable marriage and a friendly relationship with my husband. From the beginning my husband’s sex drive has been much less than normal. He isn’t very adventurous or outgoing. I’ve had many discussions with him and tried to address this issue. Now i’ve reached a place where it doesn’t bother me much. Is that ok? have I reached an impasse?
a: You are speaking the fears of every woman who has ever been in a passionless relationship. Chemistry is a wonderful feeling. It consists of an increase in dopamine, serotonin, norepinephrine, estrogen, and oxytocin and makes you feel really high. This high – which we call chemistry or attraction – generally lasts from 18-36 months. And while it is a wonderful feeling, it is not the same as love, although most folks call it being “in love”. Additionally, this “in love” feeling is not necessarily a good predictor of your future, because, well, you’ve had it before in relationships that ultimately failed.
What I’ve observed as a sexologist is that people are slaves to chemistry, ignore compatibility (the ability to get along and build a future), and wonder why they’re so unhappy if they’re “in love”.
When you’re planning a 40-year relationship, compatibility – the ability to compromise, make thousands of tiny decisions as a couple, and build a life together – is ultimately more important than white-hot chemistry. As to what you do now?
I think it has to be a hard conversation with your husband, in which you figure out your endgame before you talk, and lead him to your desired conclusion
1. Compliment your husband on being a great husband, father and teammate.
2. Tell him that you feel sexually deprived. Tell him that while you love him dearly and have no desire to break up your family, you are starving for affection and don’t want to live the rest of your life without it.
3. Ask him to collaborate with you in coming up with a solution. This is a team effort to preserve your marriage and make you feel sexually satisfied, and if he values your happiness, He has to help solve it.
What will you come up with?
That’s up to you as a couple. I wish you well as a doctor, and thank you for illustrating that no sexual chemistry should be a non-starter in relationships, and that is it also an important part of a married life. Please relax and focus on your happiness and cultivate hobbies and do things that bring you joy.