Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. GundawarYour feedback matters!
My face has darkened due to swimming in water park and direct sun their. How can I get my color back?
Hypertrichosis: Symptoms and causes
What is hypertrichosis?
Hypertrichosis is the excessive growth of hair, which is abnormal given for the person's age, sex, body area or race. This is different from Hirsutism in which women experience hair growth in areas that generally fall under the male pattern of hair distribution.
The commonest symptom of hypertrichosis is the development of excess hair in small isolated patches (localised hypertrichosis) or all over the body (generalised hypertrichosis). Some with this disorder may exhibit enlarged gums and defects of the teeth as well.
Types of hypertrichosis
Hypertrichosis may be congenital (present during birth) or acquired.
- Congenital hypertrichosis is generally caused by genetic mutations. It may affect men and women differently, and may even impact the whole body, covering one totally in hair or just in isolated areas such as the upper part of the body, face, elbows etc.
- Acquired hypertrichosis occurs post birth. Causes of it may include side effects of certain drugs, certain types of cancer and metabolic abnormalities. It may also occur due to trauma. This generally causes hair growth around or in the facial region such as the upper lip, chin and cheeks that may follow a certain pattern.
Causes of Hypertrichosis:
- Genes - Genetic mutations has been seen to affect the development of hypertrichosis.
- Cancer - It may develop in those suffering from cancers of some forms. This form of hair growth is also known as malignant down and generally affects the face.
- Malnutrition - Eating disorders affect the metabolism of a person, which might lead to the development of hypertrichosis.
- Drugs - Certain drugs have been found to cause hormonal imbalances, which can induce excessive hair growth.
- Injuries - Trauma such as head or cerebral injuries or exposure to certain chemicals may also cause hypertrichosis. Porphyrias, which are disorders affecting the skin and or nerves, may also lead to its development.
I am 20 years old .I'm suffering from dark spots on my face .day by day its population is increasing one by one .I'm used a number of ointment to reduce that but it not work Properly. Wt can I do now please help me.
I am 27 years old boy. My problem is in my face isgned by accident . I have used many cream but not benefits for use them . Every one to suggest to use some special but what should I take ?
I am 20 year old girl. I am having very small black pimple like ones on my face. What are they? how can I treat them?
Hi Sir, My age is 16 years. Yesterday night I was kept garlic paste on my face for prevent pimples but it burned my skin now I have black burnt marks on face. Doctor has recommended Betnovate nit will help for me or not. Please give some solutions to cure my pimples and burned black part.
I have a very sensitive skin with lots of ance pimples and dark spots. And nowadays nw skin is getting dull and dark. Can you please help.
I am suffering from white patches. Few white patches on my body. I want to removed by plastic surgery.
I have skin tags on neck, is there any way to remove it? I heard apple cedar vinegar will remove it if apply thrice in a day, is it true?
Hello doctor. Am 21 years old female. I have hair above my upper lips. Can I do upper lip threading? Will it be odd if I do? If not pls suggest any solution.
I am facing dark circles problem around my eyes since my childhood. What should I do to cure this problem.
I have black spots as well as pimple on my back. I tried using scar removal creams without luck. What should I so?
I m 19 years old nd I m having dark circles. I tried many things but its not going, please give necessary advice.
Many-a-times, people regret of having got themselves inked because the design may no longer suit their lifestyle, interests or the very reason they got inked in the first place might not hold much meaning to them. However, the good part is that, owing to the breakthrough of medical science aided technology, you can now eliminate traces of your past mistake from your skin surface. However, a tattoo removal using LTR (Laser Tattoo Removal) might lead to the formation of scabs, crusts or blisters, within eight to seventy two hours of having undergone the process. This might even form a superficial wound on the skin. To ensure that your skin heals completely, you can consider these tips.
Apply antibiotic ointment on your skin at least thrice a day and keep your inked area bandaged for not less than three days. This protects your weak and damaged skin from infection. After three days, take off the cover to expose the lasered area of your skin to air. This helps your skin to dry out as well as get prepared for your next treatment. Scabbing may persist for a couple of weeks.
Never get panicky on noticing blisters as they play an integral part in the healing process. They are indicative of the fact that the immune system of your body has begun to take off the ink from your skin and is trying to recover.
Do not peel off the crusts, blisters or scabs that have formed after the treatment, lest they might leave scars on your skin.
If you experience any sort of inflammation or discomfort after the removal, try putting ice-pack or using acetaminophen a day after the session.
Use sunblock or sunscreen creams to protect the part of your skin that has undergone treatment. Refrain from applying cosmetics or anything that might cause itching to the area.
Take a shower, about couple of hours after the treatment. Nevertheless, stay away from bathing in a bath tub or even swimming unless the blisters heal completely. The water from a swimming pool or a bath tub may contain bacteria that may result in further infection, thus delaying the healing process.
- Get medical assistance in case of any tingling sensation or mild bruising apart from the above mentioned discomfort.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.