Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gulabani
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. GulabaniYour feedback matters!
My brother is suffering from schizophrenia. He is under treatment since last 3 years. Now he is complaining of weakness and he want to discontinue tablets saying that these are not needed for me. Last year also he discontinued for 3 months and disease was relapsed then again he restarted treatment. My question is what we should do, treatment is going long and long and he don't want to take saying that I'm ok. 80% of the symptoms are gone. Answer me. Thanking you.
I have a social anxiety disorder please I need some tablets bcoz I lost my confidence and getting some fear.
Follow 5 As (Ask, Advise, Assess, Assist, Arrange)
Assessing tobacco use status during healthcare visits increases the likelihood of smoking-related discussions between patients and clinicians, as well as increases smoking cessation rates.
All smokers should be advised to quit smoking. Even brief advice to quit has been shown to increase quit rates.
For smokers who are willing to quit, manage them with combination of behavioral support and pharmacologic therapy
Behavioral intervention generally consists of brief clinician counseling in the office, but smokers should also be referred to a free telephone quit line
Smokers who fail to quit on an adequate trial of first-line pharmacotherapy may benefit from second line pharmacotherapy.
Also attempt to intensify behavioral counseling.
Patients who successfully quit but experience relapse be treated with a pharmacologic agent that previously helped the patient to achieve abstinence and was tolerable
Enhancing treatment by adding another pharmacologic agent or more intensive behavioral support can also be considered.
Smokers can also be advised about the health risks of secondhand smoke exposure to their household members and urged to commit to keeping their home and car smoke-free, especially if children are present.
5As of quitting Smoking
Ask: Implement an office wide system that ensures that, for every patient at every clinic visit, tobacco-use status is queried and documented. Repeated assessment is not necessary in the case of the adult who has never used tobacco or has not used tobacco for many years, and for whom this information is clearly documented in the medical record.
Advise: Strongly urge all tobacco users to quit in a clear, strong, personalized manner. Advice should be clear - "I think it is important for you to quit smoking now and I can help you" "Cutting down while you are ill is not enough" It should be "As your clinician, I need you to know that quitting smoking is the most important thing you can do to protect your health now and in the future. The clinic staff and I will help you" and it should be personalized. Tie tobacco use to current health/illness, and/or its social and economic costs, motivation level/readiness to quit, and/or the impact of tobacco use on children and others in the household.
Access: Determine the patient's willingness to quit smoking within the next 30 days; If the patient is willing to make a quit attempt at this time, provide assistance; If the patient will participate in an intensive treatment, deliver such a treatment or refer to an intensive intervention; If the patient clearly states he or she is unwilling to make a quit attempt at this time, provide a motivational intervention and If the patient is a member of a special population (adolescent, pregnant smoker), provide additional information specific to that population.
Assist: Provide aid for the person to quit.
Arrange: Schedule follow-up contact, either in person or by telephone. Follow-up contact should occur soon after the quit date, preferably during the first week. A second follow-up contact is recommended within the first month. Schedule further follow-up contacts as indicated.
Congratulate success during each follow-up. If tobacco use has occurred, review circumstances and elicit recommitment to total abstinence. Remind the person that a lapse can be used as a learning experience. Identify problems already encountered and anticipate challenges in the immediate future.
Sir, I have a problem some time very lazy feel because I have tension in examination. In this condition my brain is large pain and I am not reading 30min highest so please help me.
Sir My mom is suffering from schizophrenia past 20 years she talk to herself and not talking sleep at night and very moody and frustrated.
Exams are really tough times for most students irrespective of the level of their preparation. It is natural to get anxious before and during the exam time. Anxietyis a natural state in which people are either uneasy or fearful, depending on the situation that is making them anxious.
- Forms of ailment: Depending on the medical studies conducted throughout the world, anxiety is divided into the following types:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder: People suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder usually feel nervous and anxious. They even experience fear in conducting routine tasks and worry a lot about the same. Students suffering from this anxiety tend to worry a lot during exam time even after knowing that they are fully prepared to take the exam. Usually, the sufferers here are unable to control their worrying.
- Phobias: Phobia refers to the feeling of excessive fear for any particular thing or object or action. Phobia clearly interferes with the normal functioning of the individual and causes the sudden flow of adrenaline through his or her body. People suffering from any kind of phobia tend to avoid the cause or reason for their fear. Students mostly suffer from social phobias when it comes to exams and their performance.
- Panic Disorder: Panic Disorders are characterized by quick and intense fear. People suffering from this kind of anxiety disorder are prone to experience panic attacks - the situation that involves periods of intense fear and discomfort along with rapid heartbeat, nausea, shortness of breath and dizziness. Panic Disorder causes its sufferers to develop the anxiety of having panic attacks which further increases the problem.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: People suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder usually feel compelled to act in a certain way which doesn't appear normal to others. The kind of obsessions people feel due to this ailment include checking if a door is locked repeatedly or washing hands again and again, and so on.
Students usually suffer from generic anxiety disorders before and during the exam. An apt amount of anxiety leads to great results as it makes the person serious about his or her goals and focus on the same.
Anxiety is something that everyone suffers from at one or the other point in their life. The levels of suffering can be different from person to person. The major symptoms of anxiety are listed below:
- Shortness of breath
- Dizziness and unsteadiness
- Trembling or shaking
- Heart palpitations
- Hot flushes or chills
- Fear of going out of control
- Nausea and abdominal distress
Homoeopathy provides amazing treatment in the form of drugs for anxiety and phobia. There are multiple drugs in Homoeopathy for treating anxiety, some of which are listed below. Students can go for any of them and get rid of the exam fear so that they can perform well in their exams:
- Aconitum Napellus
- Arsenicum Album
- Argentum Nitricum
- Ignatia Amara
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!