Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Allergist/Immunologists in India. You will find Allergist/Immunologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Allergist/Immunologists online in jaitaran. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I am 28 years old male and have allergic problem (Respiration) by dust for last 2 to 3 years, I have used tablets for just relief, IVEPRED 8 Mg (slat-Methylprednisolone), but not permanent solution for this problem for me, What should I do now. please send any quarry related to this problem. Thank you With regards.
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms.
I am overweight and a patient of asthma. I have a heart attack recently. I am planning to consult with a good doctor. I work from home. Please tell me how to reverse my conditions.
Hello doctor. I have been suffering from dust energy for last 8 years. When I go outside in dusty weather sneezing start and nose running. What should I take for it?
I have asthma from the childhood days. Now also I have this disease. Please give me some tip so that I can cure asthma. I have so much problem during night.
I have black scars on my face may be due to sunburn and I am also the patient of asthma. I had tried many creams but effect was none. What should I do?
My friend has asthma problem 3 years ago. But now it is minor but she still needs inhaler sometimes. What can I do to help her get rid of asthma totally.
I have dust allergy from childhood and now that is converting in to asthma symptoms. What should I do?
In this changing season, please suggest me how to protect myself from flu & cough? I'm very sensitive, is there any medicine to increase my immunity?
Here are some tips about how to deal asthama